Fundamentalist overload

Fundamentalist overload

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Who is "we"? The people on this sub-forum called "Spirituality", where we (are supposed to) discuss "Spirituality"?

Or people in general?

Because in general "we" tend to be critical of a lot of things that are not beneficial to our fellow humans (and nature). A lot of people are worried about the gap between rich and poor for instance, and try ...[text shortened]... d mistreatment of our natural surroundings than there is about the illogical nature of religion.
"We" = atheists.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Who is "we"? The people on this sub-forum called "Spirituality", where we (are supposed to) discuss "Spirituality"?

Or people in general?

Because in general "we" tend to be critical of a lot of things that are not beneficial to our fellow humans (and nature). A lot of people are worried about the gap between rich and poor for instance, and try ...[text shortened]... d mistreatment of our natural surroundings than there is about the illogical nature of religion.
So why not allow some that 'other' stuff in here? Isn't Spirituality partly about how we treat other people, and certain groups of people?

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
No, thank you. I have heard too much from you already. 😴
You might of heard, but you evidently were not listening.

When you accuse me of something, have the decency to back it up, or retract the accusation.

Cape Town

Moves
29 May 15

So why not allow some that 'other' stuff in here? Isn't Spirituality partly about how we treat other people, and certain groups of people?
Some of it is allowed in here. However, the solution to inequality has to be a political one, and politics has mostly been relegated to the debates forum. I guess it could be discussed here, but i see no reason not to discuss it in debates instead.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
Some of it is allowed in here. However, the solution to inequality has to be a political one, and politics has mostly been relegated to the debates forum. I guess it could be discussed here, but i see no reason not to discuss it in debates instead.
Debates is full of crazy people.

Moves
29 May 15

Debates is full of crazy people.
Mainly due to all the political 'debates'.

And we totally want to bring more of that craziness into this forum...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 May 15

Spiritually should be aspirational. If nothing else.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
I am really not sure what to make of that. Are you pretending you didn't lie? Or admitting you lied but trying to turn it into a joke to avoid apologizing?
It means I've seen you (on more than one occasion) claim atheists are better educated and have a superior knowledge of science. How could you not understand what "Maybe he read your report?" means? It means I have read your posts (reports) where you have made this claim...

Do you deny making these claims? Also, I've seen you and humy both claim atheists are generally more intelligent than the average theist, which is absolutely absurd... how the hell can you claim to be more intelligent if you can't remember what you've said or understand simple responses to your messages?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 May 15

"We" = atheists.
Revealing don't you think? With atheists it's all about "we", or "me", since that's all atheists really have. Just themselves to talk about.

On the other hand Christian have Jesus to talk about. Jesus is The Lord of the universe. Who is more interesting than Jesus?

No one!

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
30 May 15

Originally posted by josephw
Revealing don't you think? With atheists it's all about "we", or "me", since that's all atheists really have. Just themselves to talk about.

On the other hand Christian have Jesus to talk about. Jesus is The Lord of the universe. Who is more interesting than Jesus?

No one!
No, it isn't. You haven't been paying attention. This whole thread has involved an atheist breaking ranks. 😴

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 15

I hear something sinking in over there. πŸ™‚
Yea it surprised me someone cared enough to come up with a name. I guess that says we
really do like to ID ourselves into common groups!

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
30 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
Have you heard of Poe's law?

BDP expressed views that are frequently expressed as genuine 'attacks' on atheists [often by other atheists] ...
http://freethoughtblogs.com/axp/2015/05/10/open-thread-on-episode-917/
for example....

And unless you put a big honking flashing sign on your post that says parody, there is no way of telling which
people ...[text shortened]... , and take them literally, unless it's clearly specified otherwise. I recommend the same to you.
FIX'D for the parody impaired in accordance with Poes' law

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
πŸ˜€ THIS IS A PARODY! πŸ˜€

Originally posted by lemon lime

No, not really, so relax...

Atheists (all atheists worldwide) are superior human beings who couldn't possibly fit that description. Just ask twhitehead, and he will tell you atheists are well educated and have a superior understanding of science. It's in your genes... it's why you are not really people at all, but more like gods who have ascended like Dr Daniel Jackson... oh wait, that's not right. i must have been thinking of something else....

Never mind. As you were... or are, or... whatever.

Cape Town

Moves
30 May 15

It means I've seen you (on more than one occasion) claim atheists are better educated and have a superior knowledge of science.
You saw wrong. And the fact that I called you on your claim should have been a hint to go and check before repeating the claim.

How could you not understand what "Maybe he read your report?" means?
Its not a meme I am familiar with and it didn't make any sense in context. Now that I know you are pretending that you still think you are correct, it does make more sense.
However, if you make the claim again - back it up with evidence.

Do you deny making these claims?
Yes. I have said certain things that may sound similar, but do not mean what you have claimed I said.

how the hell can you claim to be more intelligent if you can't remember what you've said or understand simple responses to your messages?
Memory is not equivalent to intelligence. However, in this case, I have not forgotten, you are just plain wrong. Either you read it wrong, understood it wrong, forgot what you read, or are lying.
And I can certainly safely claim that I am more intelligent than you.

Cape Town

Moves
30 May 15

The key word in my post was 'some'. πŸ™‚
My question still stands.

Cape Town

Moves
30 May 15

FIX'D for the parody impaired in accordance with Poes' law
πŸ˜€ THIS IS A PARODY! πŸ˜€
Is this another attempt at avoiding admitting that you lied. Just a moment ago you insisted I really did say those things, now suddenly it was just parody!

If you want to do parody, then leave my name out of it.