1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 22:12
    Originally posted by josephw
    What is simple and clear? That life is futile?
    It perpetuates itself as best it can.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 22:211 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    It perpetuates itself as best it can.
    That sounds fatalistic.

Life is lived from the inside out. When the soul is full of light life is like a bright, sunny, summer day.

You can't resist.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    01 May '11 20:24
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"What is the tether between what I said, how I come across in general, and some property of a supposed "Christ" that I am in danger of inheriting?"

To be honest, the 'tether' is everything in general, and the fact that you continue to engage, and my personal propensity to turn whatever you say to my advantage. (If and when I can)

But to explain ...[text shortened]... Sorry Agerg, it's my job. I'll just keep casting out my line till I get a bite. 😉[/b]
    Well you gave me a lot of chat about God and stuff but I'm still none the wiser. There is *zero* evidence for your god not could not serve equally well as evidence for the existence of Larry the Leprechaun. I fail to recall where you have successfully turned my words to your advantage.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '11 20:40
    Originally posted by Agerg
    No! I'm an atheist. Indeed given you don't accept Robbie Carrobie's JW doctrine should I assume you're not a Christian? I mean...after all, Robbie Carrobie is a Christian and yet you disagree with him on some pretty significant points. Are you agnostic too then?

If not, is that because you recognise that the term "Christian" is more nuanced than one specific belief and interpretation of the Bible? Why can "atheism" not have such nuance?
    I don't consider JW's Christian because they don't really follow the
    teachings of Jesus the Christ, even though, they say they are the
    only ones that do. They have there own Bible, in which, they change
    words so it appears to fit their theology. They seem to believe they
    will be saved if they follow the teachings of the Watchtower. But
    their version is a distortion of what Jesus really taught. So we know
    them by their fruits.
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    01 May '11 20:472 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't consider JW's Christian because they don't really follow the
    teachings of Jesus the Christ, even though, they say they are the
    only ones that do. They have there own Bible, in which, they change
    words so it appears to fit their theology. They seem to believe they
    will be saved if they follow the teachings of the Watchtower. But
    their version is a distortion of what Jesus really taught. So we know
    them by their fruits.
    But the important point is that Robbie Carrobie *does* see himself as a Christian, and will most likely see himself as a better Christian than you. Indeed from his perspective, he has the one and only true interpretation of the Bible.

His fundamentalist outlook on the Bible is no less dubious than your own. Muslims who regard their holy book as absolute truth have as much credibility as you or RC, and so on... Your only means to defend your position is to do precisely as they do and parrot that only you (and those who are aligned with your views) walk the true path - using *your* interpretation of the Bible as justification; and so it continues...
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '11 21:08
    Originally posted by Agerg
    But the important point is that Robbie Carrobie *does* see himself as a Christian, and will most likely see himself as a better Christian than you. Indeed from his perspective, he has the one and only true interpretation of the Bible.

His fundamentalist outlook on the Bible is no less dubious than your own. Muslims who regard their holy book as absolute tru ...[text shortened]... he true path - using *your* interpretation of the Bible as justification; and so it continues...
    I suppose one day it will all be clear to everyone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree