Gays' wedding cakes & the Bible

Gays' wedding cakes & the Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Feb 23

What is the scriptural justification for Christian business owener to refuse to bake and sell a cake to homosexuals?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Feb 23
2 edits

@fmf said
What is the scriptural justification for Christian business owener to refuse to bake and sell a cake to homosexuals?
Homosexuality is a sin in the bible and Paul said something along the lines of keeping away from those who persist in living in sin. However, Jesus's attitude would have been a bit more tolerant. A good example of that is how he stopped the stoning to death of the adulterous woman and told those who wanted her dead that they themselves are not without sin. The principle here is if you are a sinner yourself, you really should not be condemning others of sin, but leave that to God.

F

Moves
16 Feb 23

@rajk999 said
Homosexuality is a sin in the bible and Paul said something along the lines of keeping away from those who persist in living in sin. However, Jesus's attitude would have been a bit more tolerant. A good example of that is how he stopped the stoning to death of the adulterous woman and told those who wanted her dead that they themselves are not without sin. The principle her ...[text shortened]... ou are a sinner yourself, you really should not be condemning others of sin, but leave that to God.
Thank you.

Moves
16 Feb 23

@rajk999 said
Homosexuality is a sin in the bible and Paul said something along the lines of keeping away from those who persist in living in sin. However, Jesus's attitude would have been a bit more tolerant. A good example of that is how he stopped the stoning to death of the adulterous woman and told those who wanted her dead that they themselves are not without sin. The principle her ...[text shortened]... ou are a sinner yourself, you really should not be condemning others of sin, but leave that to God.
Can you please explain how this is a good comparison? So it’s ok for everyone to throw stones at the baker just because it goes against his religious beliefs and the source for his creative outlet and love for baking.

F

Moves
16 Feb 23

@mike69 said
Can you please explain how this is a good comparison? So it’s ok for everyone to throw stones at the baker just because it goes against his religious beliefs and the source for his creative outlet and love for baking.
I think the analogy is that "sinners" throwing stones at "sinners" represents anti-homosexual people discriminating against homosexuals rather than the baker.

Moves
16 Feb 23

@fmf said
I think the analogy is that "sinners" throwing stones at "sinners" represents anti-homosexual people discriminating against homosexuals rather than the baker.
I understood and typed correctly although this answers nothing of my questions and I’m sure it’s intentional. Who said he had anything them as brothers and sisters in a discriminating manner. It’s just a path he can’t go down because of his personal relationship with Christ and staying true to himself.

F

Moves
16 Feb 23

@mike69 said
I understood and typed correctly although this answers nothing of my questions and I’m sure it’s intentional. Who said he had anything them as brothers and sisters in a discriminating manner. It’s just a path he can’t go down because of his personal relationship with Christ and staying true to himself.
I'm giving myself a Whoosh for this one.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Feb 23

@fmf said
Lol ... me too. Some posters are best ignored.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Feb 23

@mike69 said
More bible help for you Mike…

“Be in the world, but not of the world”

I’ll leave to look it up and have a think about what that means in the context of the OP.

Moves
16 Feb 23

@divegeester said
More bible help for you Mike…

“Be in the world, but not of the world”

I’ll leave to look it up and have a think about what that means in the context of the OP.
You’ve got to be kidding me, this is what you’re going with to defend against the discrimination against the baker by making it personal therefore stepping on right to religious freedom and all that entails. It’s his personal relationship not sure any of you are in there to know anything.

Moves
16 Feb 23

@rajk999 said
Lol ... me too. Some posters are best ignored.
Oh man how right you are especially when they can’t /won’t answer and just throw insults. Yep, the spirit of God is in you my friend.

Moves
16 Feb 23

@fmf said
You’ve been whooshed so many times I’m continually surprised each time you swim out again.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Feb 23

@mike69 said
Oh man how right you are especially when they can’t /won’t answer and just throw insults. Yep, the spirit of God is in you my friend.
Nobody understood what you wrote. Do you see how I write ? I write in plain simple Queens English. Everybody understands. Its like how Jesus spoke .. simple and easy to understand. Try it.

Moves
16 Feb 23

@rajk999 said
Nobody understood what you wrote. Do you see how I write ? I write in plain simple Queens English. Everybody understands. Its like how Jesus spoke .. simple and easy to understand. Try it.
Thank you, that explains it all🙄. My granddaughter broke both pair of my readers and I can’t see my phone very well. I went and got a pair with a few other things and when I got home they didn’t put that sack in with my stuff😖.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Feb 23

@mike69 said
The baker's attitude is also un-Christ-like, as was already explained.