1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 09:043 edits
    The Holy Bible clearly uses the words for "He" and does not
    leave it up for grabs - RJH

It does indeed. This is what I was referring to when I used the phrase 'explicit gender bias'. Whether or not it reflects the truth is irrelevant. - Puttycatdude

Gender bias is a mere opinion. If you are a dude and you try to join an all ladies slimming club, is that gender bias on the part of the ladies for excluding you because of your gender? That God is referred to in the masculine is no more biased than that.

There has been noticeably in recent times a marked attempt through common culture to subtly obscure the distinctions, uni-sex perfumes, teenage emo boys that look like chicks! Glam rockers with glittery eye shadow, all essentially effeminate, and then we have seen chicks wielding AK47 rifles and through a hail of bullets blasting her way to super-heroine status. Pirates of the Caribbean 4 is a perfect example of this, Johnny Depp, a pirate that essentially runs like a chick, wears make-up like a chick and to all intents and purposes is essentially quite effeminate and dear Penelope Cruz, sword wielding Latino babe, not happy unless shes slicing up some poor seaman in the Kings service rather than dicing up peppers for a Tabasco sauce.. Surely there must be a happy medium somewhere without slipping into stereotypes. Masculine men and feminine ladies? a flashback to a bygone era? Or will the secular liberalists have their way and rename all the man holes , people holes, because of a perceived , 'gender bias', on the part of manufacturers of man hole covers? How far are they willing to go, who can tell. It is to laugh.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 09:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

It does indeed. This is what I was referring to when I used the phrase 'explicit gender bias'. Whether or not it reflects the truth is irrelevant. - Puttycatdude

Gender bias is a mere opinion. If you are a dude and you try to join an all ladies slimming c ...[text shortened]... acturers of man hole covers? How far are they willing to go, who can tell. It is to laugh.
    I am gender biased. I prefer women. Specifically my wife.

I also believe women are superior to men as it relates to the species.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 09:191 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I am gender biased. I prefer women. Specifically my wife.

ok, do you think there have been attempts through popular culture to obscure the differences between men and women though? Do you think that God in being termed masculine demonstrates a gender bias on the part of the Bible writers? if so how so? if not, why not?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 13:11

Gender bias is a mere opinion. If you are a dude and you try to join an all ladies slimming c ...[text shortened]... acturers of man hole covers? How far are they willing to go, who can tell. It is to laugh.
    Man holes? Excuse me?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 13:24
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Man holes? Excuse me?
    "Man holes" refers to the holes in the streets that have those round
    metal covers over them. They allow sewage workers access the
    large sewage pipes running under the city streets. Many people,
    like you, do not realize they are down there. So do you think the
    "man hole covers" should be renamed "people hole covers"?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 13:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    "Man holes" refers to the holes in the streets that have those round
    metal covers over them. They allow sewage workers access the
    large sewage pipes running under the city streets. Many people,
    like you, do not realize they are down there. So do you think the
    "man hole covers" should be renamed "people hole covers"?
    oh right, we don't call them that in Australia. In fact, I don't think we have a word for those...
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 15:17
    oh right, we don't call them that in Australia. In fact, I don't think we have a word for those...
    I wish i was in Australia, sigh.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 15:27
    Originally posted by josephw
    how so?
  9. The sky
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 16:19
    My online dictionary suggests drain, drainage pit, gully (that's what we use in German, too), gully hole, manhole, sink, sink trap, storm drain, street drain or street inlet. Plenty to choose from!
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 16:48

Aren't you a punk rocker? Punk chicks often shave their heads and wear combat boots.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 17:51
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Aren't you a punk rocker? Punk chicks often shave their heads and wear combat boots.
    Deborah Harry is my idea of a Punk chick!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 17:55
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    My online dictionary suggests drain, drainage pit, gully (that's what we use in German, too), gully hole, manhole, sink, sink trap, storm drain, street drain or street inlet. Plenty to choose from!
    what about team? in German its mannschaft, that is a compound of man and shaft!
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 19:03
    Deborah Harry is my idea of a Punk chick!
    Blondie? Interesting.

One Way or Another by Blondie
    YouTube
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 19:04
    what about team? in German its mannschaft, that is a compound of man and shaft!
    Somehow this conversations has devolved into a comparison of man-holes and man-shafts. 😕
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 19:161 edit

Gender bias is a mere opinion. If you are a dude and you try to join an all ladies slimming c acturers of man hole covers? How far are they willing to go, who can tell. It is to laugh.
    I still don't understand why 'god' has to have a penis.....

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact these books were mostly written by men?

Men like to be in charge, and specifically in charge of women. Why do you think your religion is biased? look at Leviticus, a man is said BY GOD to be worth 50 shekels, a woman 35, Leviticus 27/3,4.

Apparently god REALLY loves his penis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree