1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 03:28
    Originally posted by JS357
    It is an odd thing to use "he" in the same paragraph that denies God has a gender. I would rather that all pronouns used for God be replaced by "God" but it is too late for that sort of PC cleanup. I wonder if the catechism was published in Italian, which has gender assignments English does not have. Oddly, the singular for body parts such as fingers is in wha ...[text shortened]... is is not to say that most Catholics or people in general can avoid picturing God as a male.
    Picturing god as anything is heading in the wrong direction.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 04:26
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Picturing god as anything is heading in the wrong direction.
    Jesus called Him "My Father". Not "My Mother".
    Is He bias too, or is he telling the truth?
    Which is it?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 04:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Jesus called Him "My Father". Not "My Mother".
    Is He bias too, or is he telling the truth?
    Which is it?
    You cant beleive everything that was written so long ago.
    Do you not think that the ruling elite had their own agendas when editting the bible? Or do you think it's all true, word for word?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 04:36
    You cant beleive everything that was written so long ago.
    Do you not think that the ruling elite had their own agendas when editting the bible? Or do you think it's all true, word for word?
    I think it is all true, word for word.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 04:40
    So the world was created in seven (literal) days and God rested on the seventh? Is that right?

That in itself raises a whole host of inconsistencies that I find hard to reconcile unless I take it as analogy.
  6. Joined
    09 Mar '11
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 07:00
    it so unlikely its right word for word. it was written in sanscript thousands of years ago.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 08:02
    Originally posted by JS357
    It is an odd thing to use "he" in the same paragraph that denies God has a gender. I would rather that all pronouns used for God be replaced by "God" but it is too late for that sort of PC cleanup. I wonder if the catechism was published in Italian, which has gender assignments English does not have. Oddly, the singular for body parts such as fingers is in wha ...[text shortened]... is is not to say that most Catholics or people in general can avoid picturing God as a male.
    why should that be? How can God be a father to the fatherless boy if he is not personified in this way? How is it possible? Symbols are an excellent medium for portraying certain attributes and qualities. To remove these would be to detract from the beauty of scripture, not to mention its understanding.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 08:09
    Whats with the 3 question marks?
    for emphasis!!!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 08:101 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    i thought they were called man-holes because you can usually see a guys ass crack as he enters one of them.
    no that would make them builders bum covers, plus some unsuspecting cyclist might come along and mistake the bum for a bicycle stand and park his bike in it 🙂
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 08:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    for emphasis!!!
    😕😕😕
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 08:30
    😕😕😕
    😀😛😵
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 08:332 edits
    😕😕😕
    Anyway, your an Aussie and while i resist stereotyping you, you guys are kind of proverbial for being not a little chauvinistic. Its like the Pomms and their fair play, its an endearing quality me thinks. Is Australia the last bastion of masculine men and feminine women? Would captain Jack sparrow get beaten up for dressing up like a chick? My kid is in the school play entitled, what a wonderful world and his class are representing Australia, i got him an AC/DC T-shirt at the request of his teacher. Hopefully it will do you guys justice. I wish i was in Australia. Sigh.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 08:43
    Anyway, your an Aussie and while i resist stereotyping you, you guys are kind of proverbial for being not a little chauvinistic. Its like the Pomms and their fair play, its an endearing quality me thinks. Is Australia the last bastion of masculine men and feminine women? Would captain Jack sparrow get beaten up for dressing up like a chick? My ki ...[text shortened]... equest of his teacher. Hopefully it will do you guys justice. I wish i was in Australia. Sigh.
    Up here in Qld, especially past Brisbane, your generalizations are warranted. Although the QLD men are slowly catching up to the rest of the modern world. Hurry up guys, you're embarressing me.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 09:07
    ahhh Queenslanders, how awesome of them. Have you ever ventured up to the Northern territories, is it Arnam they are called?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 09:19
    ahhh Queenslanders, how awesome of them. Have you ever ventured up to the Northern territories, is it Arnam they are called?
    I have ventured to the outback, if thats what you mean.
    Ususally hitch-hiking with my guitar.
    One thing I'll say about the pig shooters out there, at least they got the "rednack pragmatism" down pat.
    They might hate people like me, but with such huge distances between "towns" , and such a long time between cars,it would take a very mean person to not give you a lift.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree