1. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 19:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I still don't understand why 'god' has to have a penis.....

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact these books were mostly written by men?

Men like to be in charge, and specifically in charge of women. Why do you think your religion is biased? look at Leviticus, a man is said BY GOD to be worth 50 shekels, a woman 35, Leviticus 27/3,4.

Apparently god REALLY loves his penis.
    Your envy is showing.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 21:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I still don't understand why 'god' has to have a penis.....

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact these books were mostly written by men?

Men like to be in charge, and specifically in charge of women. Why do you think your religion is biased? look at Leviticus, a man is said BY GOD to be worth 50 shekels, a woman 35, Leviticus 27/3,4.

Apparently god REALLY loves his penis.
    God doesn't have a penis, its your inability because of your one dimensional materialistic world view to think outside of the box that prevents you from grasping that God is in fact without gender.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 21:20
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    My online dictionary suggests drain, drainage pit, gully (that's what we use in German, too), gully hole, manhole, sink, sink trap, storm drain, street drain or street inlet. Plenty to choose from!
    We have storm drains (which are open holes in the gutter of the road) and we often have square metal lids in our footpaths which cover our telephone connections. Now that I think on it, though, I don't think we Australians have what RJHinds has described (holes in the street with round metal covers leading to sewerage.) This is something new to me.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 21:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The Holy Bible clearly uses the words for "He" and does not
    leave it up for grabs - RJH

It does indeed. This is what I was referring to when I used the phrase 'explicit gender bias'. Whether or not it reflects the truth is irrelevant. - Puttycatdude

Gender bias is a mere opinion. If you are a dude and you try to join an all ladies slimming c ...[text shortened]... acturers of man hole covers? How far are they willing to go, who can tell. It is to laugh.
    Whats with the 3 question marks?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 23:18
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    We have storm drains (which are open holes in the gutter of the road) and we often have square metal lids in our footpaths which cover our telephone connections. Now that I think on it, though, I don't think we Australians have what RJHinds has described (holes in the street with round metal covers leading to sewerage.) This is something new to me.
    R u sure? Maybe they're not for sewage but we definately have manholes leading to undeground electricirty
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 23:49
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    R u sure? Maybe they're not for sewage but we definately have manholes leading to undeground electricirty
    Yeah, but not in the middle of the road and not big enough for a man to climb down. I have never heard them called man-holes.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 00:11
    Yeah, but not in the middle of the road and not big enough for a man to climb down. I have never heard them called man-holes.
    http://www.manholecovers.com.au/
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 00:12
    You never heard them called "man-holes"? Funnny,funny 😀

It's one of those new feminist things that goes beyond any decent interpretation of political correctness.
    Prolly not new anymore.

I assume you are not into "Gender Bias", being a resonably intelligent poster.
    So how do you, as a Catholic, reconcile that which IS as to that which your faith presupposes,ie. that God is a male?
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 00:15
    You never heard them called "man-holes"? Funnny,funny 😀

It's one of those new feminist things that goes beyond any decent interpretation of political correctness.
    Prolly not new anymore.

I assume you are not into "Gender Bias", being a resonably intelligent poster.
    So how do you, as a Catholic, reconcile that which IS as to that which your faith presupposes,ie. that God is a male?
    See http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p6.htm

section 370 In no way is God in man's image. He is neither man nor woman. God is pure spirit in which there is no place for the difference between the sexes. But the respective "perfections" of man and woman reflect something of the infinite perfection of God: those of a mother and those of a father and husband.241
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 00:171 edit
    Evidently there's enough of a demand for companies to bother to supply them.

Here's one that even refers to traffic passing over them:
    Welcome to Manholecovers.com.au - the Manhole Covers trade website for the Australian building and construction industry...

Manhole covers usually weigh more than roughly 50 kg, partly because the weight keeps them in place when traffic passes over them, and partly because they are often made out of cast iron, sometimes with infills of concrete. This makes them inexpensive and strong but heavy. A manhole cover sits on metal base, with a smaller inset rim which fits the cover. The base and cover are sometimes called "castings," because they are made by a casting process.

Maybe you need to go to the "big city" and pay attention to the road 🙂

As I've said before, "You really need to gain more life experience" 🙂
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 00:26
    Originally posted by JS357
    See http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p6.htm

section 370 In no way is God in man's image. He is neither man nor woman. God is pure spirit in which there is no place for the difference between the sexes. But the respective "perfections" of man and woman reflect something of the infinite perfection of God: those of a mother and those of a father and husband.241
    Why call It "He" then? just to please the christians?
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 00:41
    It is an odd thing to use "he" in the same paragraph that denies God has a gender. I would rather that all pronouns used for God be replaced by "God" but it is too late for that sort of PC cleanup. I wonder if the catechism was published in Italian, which has gender assignments English does not have. Oddly, the singular for body parts such as fingers is in what is called the masculine gender, and the plural is in what is called the feminine. So it is probably more accurate to depend on the statement in 370 than the gender of the pronouns, for the official position. Of course, this is not to say that most Catholics or people in general can avoid picturing God as a male.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 00:501 edit
    There is a definite 'pecking order' in the Bible. The Bible does not believe in womens lib or equality of the sexes in the way modern society does.

The pecking order is God, Christ, Man, Woman.

1Cor 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 02:20
    i thought they were called man-holes because you can usually see a guys ass crack as he enters one of them.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 03:27
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    There is a definite 'pecking order' in the Bible. The Bible does not believe in womens lib or equality of the sexes in the way modern society does.

The pecking order is God, Christ, Man, Woman.

1Cor 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
    Yes, there is a pecking order. Thank you for acknowledging it str8 out.
    As a feminist, I am appalled that people in this day and age cannot see the obvious control exerted over women by scripture.

And I still see God as more of a feminine type energy than a masculine one, though obviosly "He" engenders both and neither.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree