1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    23 May '06 20:10
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Isn't sinnning immoral?

Haven't you ever sinned?
    No I have never sinned , I am perfect......

lol
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    23 May '06 20:19
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Oh, crap. Knew I forgot something! 🙄
    So what are you saying here? Are you saying that the theology of the Holy Spirit meant something to you and did leap off the page so that it became a more personal experience for you. That you were able go to church and have an experiential idea (not just theoretical)of what Christ meant when he said "where two or more are gathered in my name , there will I be amongst them" . Are you saying that you have sensed God's presence with you, his love surrounding you?

Or maybe you are just being sarcastic....?
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    23 May '06 21:16
    Originally posted by Churlant
    The definition of "morality" only refers to established moral principles, which are inherently relative. Killing another is an action lacking in morality, any way you slice it (no pun intended).

I use the term to include killing, for whatever the reason, because such an action invariably alters an individuals mental state - most often in a negative fashi ...[text shortened]... remely significant and it is this internal reaction that true morality is based on.

-JC
    I understand now and agree entirely with your last paragraph. However , I can't help feeling we are arguing about words rather than th real issue here. Surely we just substitute the word immoral for justice and carry on as before. How are we to decide if an immoral act is justified or not if we are not informed by our own morality? You may think some acts justified, I might think them not justfied ( and by implication immoral). Call it what you will , morality , justice blancmange... the argument remains the same.
  4. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    23 May '06 21:32
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    I understand now and agree entirely with your last paragraph. However , I can't help feeling we are arguing about words rather than th real issue here. Surely we just substitute the word immoral for justice and carry on as before. How are we to decide if an immoral act is justified or not if we are not informed by our own morality? You may think some a ...[text shortened]... oral). Call it what you will , morality , justice blancmange... the argument remains the same.
    It all comes back to "unnecessary harm", the definition of which can be determined logically and without need for a shifting societal norm.

-JC
  5. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    25 May '06 21:17
    Originally posted by Churlant
    It all comes back to "unnecessary harm", the definition of which can be determined logically and without need for a shifting societal norm.

-JC
    You're kidding me! Ae you really really saying that there aren't massive differences between what people regard as neccessary and unneccessary harm.? If it was that straight forward why all the debate about Iraq (one example of 100's)? Come on get real!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree