1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 12:34
    Originally posted by black beetle
    And what is the so called "absolute truth", my dear GB?
    😡
    Immutable stuff... even elevated frames of reference generally allow for the law of gravity though, of course, there may be exceptions.

πŸ˜€
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 12:39
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Back then Athens was too stinky indeed and many where the times I wished I could head up a nice creek up there at Bonnie Scotland along with my MariaπŸ™‚

I hope ye gonna have lots of time from now on so you can enjoy yer Morphy book et al; btw this thread is hijacked by a Scot and a Greek big time -I hope Bostonian Lad will show some mercy😡
    Portia:

"The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
    It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
    Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
    It blesseth him that gives and him that takes."

The Merchant Of Venice Act 4, scene 1,
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 12:51
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Immutable stuff... even elevated frames of reference generally allow for the law of gravity though, of course, there may be exceptions.

πŸ˜€
    umm, Is there any chance you could give me another answer?
    I didn't really understand that one.
    If not then maybe you could clarify that one. Please?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 13:31
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    umm, Is there any chance you could give me another answer?
    I didn't really understand that one.
    If not then maybe you could clarify that one. Please?
    Do you buy either or both of the 'knowable' versus 'unknowable' and/or 'absolute' versus 'relative' constructs?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 13:50
    Do you buy either or both of the 'knowable' versus 'unknowable' and/or 'absolute' versus 'relative' constructs?
    what about knowledge or experience, truth or opinion?
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 14:07
    Portia:

"The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
    It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
    Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
    It blesseth him that gives and him that takes."

The Merchant Of Venice Act 4, scene 1,
    Could keep up following well somebody else's traces
    For years, but instead I risked to race with the aces;
    I risked to get to know myself
    By means of killing every self
    Of mine like a killer elf;
    Now I feel free enough to pick
    Decisions from an inner peak
    Of mine, thus free afar to see
    I 'm headin' towards the darkest Sea;
    Shakespeare is really too advanced
    for this bug that swirls in trance
    But even shallow, my shallow trace
    is my footprint in my life's race;
    Nothing is happening actually
    We 're only waves eternally
    Your self, my self are passing through
    the Sea remains down there;
    If only we could understand
    that this Sea is our only stand
    the life of our enemies
    with love we would spare;

bb, 17:07LT, Athens 072709
    😡
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 14:33

πŸ˜€
    Since our Knowledge is finite but not exhausted whilst the pieces of information available to us regarding our kosmos (gravity included) are solely a sum of given elements of reality that they are known to us and they are merely deciphered according to the status of our science and philospophy of nowdays, we are still unable to define a lot of things -and there is still a good deal of things that we ignore.

Also, since we are aware too of our limited Knowledge regarding the totality of the possible elements of reality of any observer within our universe and regarding the interpretation that we may conduct tomorrow based on new scientific facts and evidence, kindly please explain to this miserable bug which way this status can drive us to affirm that there is such a thing as the so called "absolute truth";

😡
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    28 Jul '09 15:18
    Originally posted by daniel58
    So if one says you can only get to Heaven if you don't sin and another says if you just Believe then are both right, even if they conflict?
    isn't it possible that both are correct?
  9. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    28 Jul '09 15:201 edit
    only humans could be so arrogant as to think that they could divine the ultimate truth and hold it for inspection
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    28 Jul '09 19:59
    Originally posted by duecer
    only humans could be so arrogant as to think that they could divine the ultimate truth and hold it for inspection
    Well... devils.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '09 21:101 edit
    Originally posted by duecer
    yes my friend, but we are seekers of truth, it is there, but if we not try to grasp it, then what? when i was going for my interview for induction to Glasgow school of art, a lecturer who was interviewing me asserted , there are no correct answers, only correct questions. well if that is the case then why are we searching for solutions?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 01:48
    Thats a big open-ended question. You answered my question with a question. Unless I am missing something I still do not see what you are getting at.
    I will not answer your question until you give me some more backgound. What 'constructs' are you talking about?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 15:59
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thats a big open-ended question. You answered my question with a question. Unless I am missing something I still do not see what you are getting at.
    I will not answer your question until you give me some more backgound. What 'constructs' are you talking about?
    Respectfully, Karoly, there's a slight deficiency within your frame of reference, which I suspected and which prompted my confirming probe.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 16:073 edits
    "Since our Knowledge is finite but not exhausted whilst the pieces of information available to us regarding our kosmos (gravity included) are solely a sum of given elements of reality that they are known to us and they are merely deciphered according to the status of our science and philospophy of nowdays, we are still unable to define a lot of things -and there is still a good deal of things that we ignore.

"Also, since we are aware too of our limited Knowledge regarding the totality of the possible elements of reality of any observer within our universe and regarding the interpretation that we may conduct tomorrow based on new scientific facts and evidence, kindly please explain to this miserable bug which way this status can drive us to affirm that there is such a thing as the so called "absolute truth";

-Black Beetle

My esteemed friend, you continue to overwhelm me half of the time, underwhelm me half of the time and rotflmao me half of the time.

Shall attempt to simplify our topic. Please look for my "Which came first..." thread coming to a Spirituality Forum near you later today.

πŸ˜€
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 17:02
    "Since our Knowledge is finite but not exhausted whilst the pieces of information available to us regarding our kosmos (gravity included) are solely a sum of given elements of reality that they are known to us and they are merely deciphered according to the status of our science and philospophy of nowdays, we are still unable to define a lot of things - ...[text shortened]... Which came first..." thread coming to a Spirituality Forum near you later today.

πŸ˜€
    How nice this miserable bug can make you my dear friend happy three halves of time from time to time whilst patrolling on its tree; me wanna dance😡

Will do check yer soon to come "Which came firts..." thread, sure thing
    😡

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree