1. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 10:26
    have any of you seen or think you have seen them?
  2. England
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 15:58
    yes me,
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 20:19
    Originally posted by tim88
    I thot I saw a puddy cat once
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 13:52
    My take on ghosts is a bit different from the tv versions I've seen.
    I reckon ghosts (or spirits,whats the difference anyway), seem to manipulate weak minded people , sometimes to the point where that person is acting totally out of character, often not remembering what happened to them,(because they were usually drunk). People put it down to the booze, but if you watch closely you can see the difference in people who are just alcohol affected and people who are alcohol and "ghost" affected. Actually it happens to so-called straight people all the time, its just easier to blame the effects of the booze.
    In Hindu mythology I believe that they believe that a departed 'soul' can hang around for upto 49 days after their mortal death, sometimes causing mischief, sometimes causing inadverdant fear.

I have seen these super wholistic beings a few times, but it's not like I saw them with my eyes,(perhaps my inner eye? ). They were usually accosiated with special places or people.
  5. England
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 17:16
    Originally posted by stoker
    yes me,
    to give more info, i was not drunk, or on any drug i do not have a feeble mind, etc. and tho it scared me it seemed happy to see me, smile on its face and it was female in outline. it came out of one wall and left thro another over in seconds.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 20:32
    yes

frightened the life out of me

10 minutes later I had rationalised it - hallucination/dream/trick of light

ghosts are not real!
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 23:22
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    yes

frightened the life out of me

10 minutes later I had rationalised it - hallucination/dream/trick of light

ghosts are not real!
    It's because they leave no physical evidence or any more than a handful of witnesses, but usually just one. This would suggest that they are faked,(the fact that there is no secondary witness), and I'm sure a lot are.
    Rational science only acknowledges that which can be measured via our current theories of physics- and that requires hard evidence.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 23:37
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    It's because they leave no physical evidence or any more than a handful of witnesses, but usually just one. This would suggest that they are faked,(the fact that there is no secondary witness), and I'm sure a lot are.
    Rational science only acknowledges that which can be measured via our current theories of physics- and that requires hard evidence.
    I "saw" a woman, less than 2m away from me, in dim light.
    I was convinced it was real.

But I know our senses are not reliable and the brain can be fooled.
    The rational explanation is that it was imaginery. I'm happy with that.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 00:031 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I "saw" a woman, less than 2m away from me, in dim light.
    I was [b]convinced
    it was real.

But I know our senses are not reliable and the brain can be fooled.
    The rational explanation is that it was imaginery. I'm happy with that.[/b]
    I've seen figures jump out from my peripheral vision many times, only to retreat back into the shadows as soon as I try to look at them directly.
    So your explanation is totally true from the limited knowledge we have about the nature of the universe.
    But I wonder whether there are actual concious entities or whatever actually playing around in other dimensions, that just give us a flash now and then with no explanation except a distinct feeling on the part of the witness that it was somehow a weird, unusual experience, that often has life changing consequences for the witness. The whole "life change" thing is what the message would be anyway, and the answers are found within us and not to be delivered in an email by Martians. (So they would not want to be seen anyway, by design.)
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 06:07
    Yes. in 1974 a friend called a spirit (as he called it) into a room. I saw it come through a wall, I stood up and passed through it (rather cold). Five people witnessed it.
    Twenty years later I read some scientific research done on the subject and realized its' origin is entirely human.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 08:28
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Yes. in 1974 a friend called a spirit (as he called it) into a room. I saw it come through a wall, I stood up and passed through it (rather cold). Five people witnessed it.
    Twenty years later I read some scientific research done on the subject and realized its' origin is entirely human.
    In what was an entity that could pass through walls and indeed you, human?
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 11:17
    even scooby-doo knows its the old janitor in a white sheet and not a real ghost.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 13:22
    One of the most haunted places on earth is Ghettysburg, the site of a Civil war massacre.

In fact, when you hear "ghost" stories it is usually involving places that have a dark past. Is this the human mind projecting or is there a good reason for it? That is the question.
  14. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 14:401 edit
    3 days before i posted this i thought i was hallucinating or seeing spirits the reason i thought i was seeing spirits was because i was seeing them in the same place at my back door just at the edge of the concrete. i also thought it could be a chemical imbalance i was very shaken up about it. so much so that the last time i thought i had seen them i went into my room laid on my bed i must of been so scared that it felt like my heart was coming out of my ears my whole body was beating watery eyes and all. anyways it turned out that the two people i was seeing were real. they would just leave before i got there my home is on a 20 acre vineyard so i would of been 200 meters away. so by the time it took me to walk to my back door thay would've been gone. any way it turns out that they come to see me to tell me that the guy up the road had past away. back door visits wtf ?

edit i seen them three times it was just a coincidence that i was so far away from home all three times
  15. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 15:32
    One person in this thread sounds like a lunatic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree