1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140156
    26 Mar '11 05:45
    So what do you all think? Who were the "Sons Of God" mentioned in Gen 6 ? Were they fallen angels that intermixed with human women? The offspring Giants? I was researching this and it's hard to tell. I know there are several views on this.



    Manny
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    8818
    26 Mar '11 18:12
    Seems to me they were genetically large people? King Og may have been a exceptionally large one. He may have been about 10.5 to 12 ft tall.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91531
    27 Mar '11 20:10
    Originally posted by menace71
    So what do you all think? Who were the "Sons Of God" mentioned in Gen 6 ? Were they fallen angels that intermixed with human women? The offspring Giants? I was researching this and it's hard to tell. I know there are several views on this.



    Manny
    I've seen them in my dreams.
    Bloody daunting, I tell ya, and I'm 6'3"
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140156
    28 Mar '11 03:52
    Apparently large human skeletons have been found all over the earth. I guess there is several lines of thought on this. Some believe that the angels that had fallen intermixed with human women to bring about these hybrids that basically destroyed the earth after that. Some say this is impossible because angels can't do this based of
    a verse where Jesus says something about the angels.



    Manny
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91531
    28 Mar '11 04:22
    Originally posted by menace71
    Apparently large human skeletons have been found all over the earth. I guess there is several lines of thought on this. Some believe that the angels that had fallen intermixed with human women to bring about these hybrids that basically destroyed the earth after that. Some say this is impossible because angels can't do this based of
    a verse where Jesus says something about the angels.



    Manny
    Do you have any links to this? I would be interested.

    There are many strange things found in our Earths history.
    People of different colours(purple, blue,etc..) and other unexplained phenomena that the bible touches upon
  6. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    28 Mar '11 14:391 edit
    (Nephlim) [Fellers; Those Who Cause [Others] to Fall Down].
    This is a transliteration of the Hebrew word nephilim;, plural in its three occurrences in the Bible. (Ge 6:4; Nu 13:33 [twice]) It evidently stems from the causative form of the Hebrew verb naphal (fall) as found, for example, in 2 Kings 3:19; 19:7.
    The Bible account describing Jehovah’s displeasure with men in the days of Noah before the Flood relates that “the sons of the true God” took for themselves wives from among the attractive daughters of men. It then mentions the presence of “Nephilim,” saying: “The Nephilim proved to be in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of the true God continued to have relations with the daughters of men and they bore sons to them, they were the mighty ones [Heb., haggibborim;] who were of old, the men of fame.”—Ge 6:1-4.

    Identity.
    Bible commentators, considering verse 4, have offered several suggestions as to the identity of these Nephilim. Some have thought that the derivation of the name indicates that the Nephilim had fallen from heaven, that is, that they were ‘fallen angels’ who mated with women to produce “mighty ones . . . the men of fame.” Other scholars, focusing their attention particularly on the statement “and also after that” (vs 4), have said the Nephilim were not the ‘fallen angels’ or the “mighty ones,” since the Nephilim “proved to be in the earth in those days” before the sons of God had relations with women. These latter scholars hold the opinion that the Nephilim were simply wicked men like Cain—robbers, bullies, and tyrants who roamed the earth until they were destroyed by the Flood. Still another group, taking into consideration the context of verse 4, conclude that the Nephilim were not themselves angels, but were the hybrid offspring resulting from materialized angels having intercourse with the daughters of men.

    Same as “gibborim;.”
    Certain Bible translations adjust the location of the phrase “and also after that,” placing it near the beginning of verse 4, thus identifying the Nephilim with the “mighty ones,” the gibborim;, mentioned in the latter part of the verse. For example: “In those days, as well as afterward, there were giants [Heb., hannephilim;] on the earth, who were born to the sons of the gods whenever they had intercourse with the daughters of men; these were the heroes [Heb., haggibborim;] who were men of note in days of old.”—Ge 6:4, AT; see also Mo, NIV, and TEV.
    The Greek Septuagint also suggests that both the “Nephilim” and “mighty ones” are identical by using the same word gigantes (giants) to translate both expressions.
    Reviewing the account, we see that verses 1 to 3 tell of “the sons of the true God” taking wives and of Jehovah’s statement that he was going to end his patience with men after 120 years. Verse 4 then speaks of the Nephilim proving to be in the earth “in those days,” evidently the days when Jehovah made the statement. Then it shows that this situation continued “after that, when the sons of the true God continued to have relations with the daughters of men,” and describes in more detail the results of the union of “the sons of the true God” with women.
    Who were the ‘sons of God’ that fathered the Nephilim?
    Who were “the sons of the true God” that were involved? Were they men who were worshipers of Jehovah (as distinguished from the general run of wicked mankind), as some claim? Evidently not. The Bible implies that their marriage to the daughters of men resulted in whipping up the badness in the earth. Noah and his three sons, along with their wives, were the only ones in God’s favor and were the only ones preserved through the Deluge.—Ge 6:9; 8:15, 16; 1Pe 3:20.
    Hence, if these “sons of the true God” were merely men, the question arises, Why were their offspring “men of fame” more than those of the wicked, or of faithful Noah? Also, the question might be asked, Why mention their marriage to the daughters of men as something special? Marriage and childbearing had been taking place for more than 1,500 years.
    The sons of God mentioned at Genesis 6:2, therefore, must have been angels, spirit “sons of God.” This expression is applied to angels at Job 1:6; 38:7. This view is supported by Peter, who speaks of “the spirits in prison, who had once been disobedient when the patience of God was waiting in Noah’s days.” (1Pe 3:19, 20) Also Jude writes of “the angels that did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place.” (Jude 6) Angels had the power to materialize in human form, and some angels did so to bring messages from God. (Ge 18:1, 2, 8, 20-22; 19:1-11; Jos 5:13-15) But heaven is the proper abode of spirit persons, and the angels there have positions of service under Jehovah. (Da 7:9, 10) To leave this abode to dwell on earth and to forsake their assigned service to have fleshly relations would be rebellion against God’s laws, and perversion.
    The Bible states that the disobedient angels are now “spirits in prison,” having been ‘thrown into Tartarus’ and “reserved with eternal bonds under dense darkness for the judgment of the great day.” This seems to indicate that they are greatly restricted, unable again to materialize as they did prior to the Flood.—1Pe 3:19; 2Pe 2:4; Jude 6.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140156
    29 Mar '11 04:58
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Do you have any links to this? I would be interested.

    There are many strange things found in our Earths history.
    People of different colours(purple, blue,etc..) and other unexplained phenomena that the bible touches upon
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim

    http://www.nwcreation.net/nephilim.html


    These are just some of what comes up in a google search plus Youtube shows some videos with skeletons


    Manny
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140156
    29 Mar '11 05:00
    Originally posted by galveston75
    (Nephlim) [Fellers; Those Who Cause [Others] to Fall Down].
    This is a transliteration of the Hebrew word nephilim;, plural in its three occurrences in the Bible. (Ge 6:4; Nu 13:33 [twice]) It evidently stems from the causative form of the Hebrew verb naphal (fall) as found, for example, in 2 Kings 3:19; 19:7.
    The Bible account describing Jehovah’s dis ...[text shortened]... stricted, unable again to materialize as they did prior to the Flood.—1Pe 3:19; 2Pe 2:4; Jude 6.
    So JW's take the stance that these Sons of God were angels (fallen) ?




    Manny
  9. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    29 Mar '11 05:47
    Originally posted by menace71
    So JW's take the stance that these Sons of God were angels (fallen) ?




    Manny
    Yes and the Nephlim were the offspring of these "son's of God" and earthly women.


    Genesis 6:2-4 (Today’s New International Version, ©2005)

    2 the sons of God saw that these daughters were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] human beings forever, for they are mortal[b]; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

    4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of the human beings and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.
  10. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    30 Mar '11 08:55
    I have this creepy suspicion they were Neandertals, but...no, doesn't quite fit.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91531
    30 Mar '11 21:20
    Originally posted by menace71
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim

    http://www.nwcreation.net/nephilim.html


    These are just some of what comes up in a google search plus Youtube shows some videos with skeletons


    Manny
    On of these sites say " these Nephilim were probably the decsendents of Cain". Is that what you think?
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140156
    31 Mar '11 13:36
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    On of these sites say " these Nephilim were probably the decsendents of Cain". Is that what you think?
    I'm not sure on this one. I lean toward the side of hybrids from angels and humans. I know it sounds crazy but the old Hebrew books like the book of Enoch speak of this in great detail. A lot will sight or quote what Jesus said about angels do not marry nor procreate. I think though the crime was that they broke their bounds by doing this very thing apparently. Some say it was to try to corrupt the human gene pool because the Christ was to come through a women. "It is the term Sons of God" when used in other places in the old testament it refers to angels. We really don't know a whole lot about angels. They are another being that God created and we only get glimpse of them.



    Manny
  13. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    31 Mar '11 22:241 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    I'm not sure on this one. I lean toward the side of hybrids from angels and humans. I know it sounds crazy but the old Hebrew books like the book of Enoch speak of this in great detail. A lot will sight or quote what Jesus said about angels do not marry nor procreate. I think though the crime was that they broke their bounds by doing this very thing apparen ngels. They are another being that God created and we only get glimpse of them.



    Manny
    Good points Manny. Here is a little info on what they do...

    Order and Rank. As with the visible creation, so also in the invisible realm there is order and rank among the angels. The foremost angel, both in power and authority, is Michael, the archangel. (Da 10:13, 21; 12:1; Jude 9; Re 12:7; see ARCHANGEL; MICHAEL No. 1.) Because of his preeminence and his being called “the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of [God’s] people,” he is presumed to be the angel that led Israel through the wilderness. (Ex 23:20-23) Ranking very high among the angels in privileges and honor are the seraphs. (Isa 6:2, 6; see SERAPHS.) More frequently (some 90 times), the Scriptures mention the cherubs, and from the description of their duties and responsibilities it is apparent that they, too, hold a special position among the angels. (Ge 3:24; Eze 10:1-22; see CHERUB No. 1.) Then there is the great body of angelic messengers who serve as a means of communication between God and man. However, they do more than simply relay messages. As agents and deputies of the Most High God, they serve as responsible executioners of the divine purpose, be it protection and deliverance of God’s people or destruction of the wicked.—Ge 19:1-26.
Back to Top