1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 May '17 20:322 edits
    Originally posted by Tom Wolsey
    In my observation, most atheists reject the idea of God in part because they reject what God is about--as described in Scripture. Taken further, they reject what God commands, including what God forbids. For example, many atheists reject God because God condemns the homosexual lifestyle. "No loving God would forbid someone loving another." Right? Thi ...[text shortened]... ists reject God because they feel like people should be able to do things that God calls sinful.
    There are many Christians - including heterosexuals - who do not believe that homosexuality is a sin.

How do you know that your interpretations are valid and theirs are invalid?

Why would atheists "reject God because they feel like people should be able to do things that God calls sinful", when Christians cannot agree on what "God condemns", "God forbids", "God calls sinful", etc. ?

Do you believe that Christians who do not believe that homosexuality is a sin - like atheists - similarly "reject God"?
    What do you believe entails "reject[ing] God"?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 May '17 21:55
    Originally posted by apathist
    When do you give up hope. At some point we have to give up our losses, but when? And what do you hold onto next?

Do you see I ask not about gods, but about people.
    And your op's have the best titles 🙂

Not sure when you give up hope. They say you shouldn't need it if you know your self or your dharma well enough.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 May '17 21:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The polarised thinking often expressed in this forum is quite interesting. I would rather have my hope in what turned out to be an imaginary benevolent God, than real narcotics.
    Why? The effect would be the same if you didn't know what was what

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree