1. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '15 23:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Better than the Queen Elizabeth YOUR countrymen voted for.
    First of all its not my country, I live in a different country, its termed Scotland, the Queen resides in England, a different country. Secondly no one voted for the Queen, she is queen by hereditary possession and lastly you are an airhead.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '15 23:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 May '15 02:21
    Unfortunately, he should have left it there, instead of spewing his political hate speech and somehow connecting it, albeit with a huge stretch of the imagination, to modern-day America.
    Political hate speech?

How is 1 Samuel 8 hate speech? Should we ban the Bible now?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 May '15 03:27
    Does not this warning regarding a king apply to us today?

" This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.

12 And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots.

13 And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers.

14 And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants.

15 And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants.

16 And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work.

17 He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants.

18 And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.

19 Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us; "
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 May '15 03:33
    As I read the history of kings in the Bible who ruled Israel, there is a common theme.

At first they start off OK, then all that power goes to their heads and they inevitably screw up.

Another common theme is that God appears to pick kings from the least likely candidates, men who are lowly in social position and of no account. Presumably this is done so as to ward off the arrogant who don't see the need for God in their lives. For example, Saul was picked from the tribe of Benjamin who had just been decimated by all the other tribes of Israel for a great sin in that tribe. And at that, Saul is of the most lowly clan in the tribe of Benjamin.

Then we see David, a small youth of no account who slays a Giant.

In the end though, both Saul and David get a taste of power and forsake their God on some level and pay a high price for it later. Even Solomon, the next king, who was said to be the wisest of men falls into this trap as well and goes awry. After Solomon, it gets so bad that Israel divides and both the northern and southern kingdoms slowly destroy themselves with the help of their kings.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '15 03:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    It is my contention that we all innately desire a king. If we then reject God as our king, we are left with sinful man to rule and reign corruptly over us.

That is why I think that popularity polls indicate that dictators like Putin and Hitler were widely popular. In fact, in Austria polls indicate most want another "strong man" to rule over them, just like Hitler did.
    Also like BaracK Obama.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/05/obama-interview-iran-isis-israel/393782/
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 May '15 04:021 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Also like BaracK Obama.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/05/obama-interview-iran-isis-israel/393782/
    Obama says that Christianity is just as violent as Islam as he points to both of their histories.

However, what Obama fails to understand, or willfully so, is that Christianity only became so when it formed a theocracy and appointed a king named Constantine.

Funny thing, Constantine was not even a Christian.

The reason a religion, or culture, becomes violent is collectivism and a centralized power. After all, collectivism = war machine. The two are dependent upon each other.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '15 04:06
    Obama says that Christianity is just as violent as Islam as he points to both of their histories.

However, what Obama fails to understand, or willfully so, is that Christianity only became so when it formed a theocracy and appointed a king named Constantine.

Funny thing, Constantine was not even a Christian.

The reason a religion, or culture, becomes ...[text shortened]... ntralized power. After all, collectivism = war machine. The two are dependent upon each other.
    Obama is not even a Christian either, he is a Muslim. 😏
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 May '15 04:09
    What does it matter if he claims to be a Christian, Muslim, or anti-Christ?

Who cares?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '15 04:191 edit
    What does it matter if he claims to be a Christian, Muslim, or anti-Christ?

Who cares?
    What does it matter if people wish a sinful man to be a king over them instead of God? You and atheists and evolutionists may not care, but as a Christian, I care. 😏
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 May '15 04:57
    What does it matter if people wish a sinful man to be a king over them instead of God? You and atheists and evolutionists may not care, but as a Christian, I care. 😏
    But all men are sinful RJ, which is the point of this thread.

In the immortal words of Hillary Clinton, the next empty dress, "What does it matter!?"
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '15 05:17
    But all men are sinful RJ, which is the point of this thread.

In the immortal words of Hillary Clinton, the next empty dress, "What does it matter!?"
    The point of my thread is that we need a Savior, not a deceiver, liar, and destroyer.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 May '15 05:18
    OMG, I'm surrounded by idiots in this thread.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 May '15 06:531 edit
    OMG, I'm surrounded by idiots in this thread.
    That's because of the time difference. All the English chaps were sleeping.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 May '15 07:07
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    First of all as far as we (the Scottish people) are concerned she is not Queen Elizabeth II as we never had an Elizabeth I. In fact said Elizabeth I put our Queen Mary Stuart to death. She was born in England (a different country) and has a different nationality. As for residing in her royal residences she would be as well as residing in a different universe as far as being relevant is concerned.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree