Give us a king!!!

Give us a king!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29 May 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I can assure you that you still have absolutely no clue what you are talking about when
you try to guess what I think.

The modern Labour Party is indeed no longer on the left [not the only political dimension]
and neither is the American Democratic party.

However it's many supporters often still are, and they still vote for them.

Pretty much the only significant party in the last UK election that IS on the left are the Greens.
[The SNP is also just barely on the left, but they are a local and not national party]

Almost everyone else is varying degrees of right.

And President Obama, a Democrat, is pretty much in the same location as the UK conservative party.

I no longer generally read your posts, but I can read a single sentence at a glance, and find you demonstrate
again that your ability to guess what I think is still non-existent.
Given your unmitigated track record of failure on that front, perhaps you should consider not guessing
what I think. I would say ask me instead, but with me not generally reading your posts that wont actually
get you anywhere.

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
I don't see that Obama and his left wing Democrats have made anything better. In fact, the world is a worse place than when GW Bush left office. 😏
By what metric?

The Democratic party are not left wing. They are just much less far right as the Republicans.
And Obama is to the right of the Democratic party, and has often supported what used to
be Republican policies... Until they made a huge stampede for the far extreme wing-nut right wing.
And adopted a totally racist "Obama must loose, the Democrats must always be wrong" policy.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
29 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
My you are an unpleasant character.

It's one of the least appealing features of those on the so called left, that they
demonise and dehumanise those on the so called 'right'.

The left is not without it's share of demons and flaws... Which party was it that
lied to the country and parliament to justify an unjustifiable war, executed that
war a ...[text shortened]... l politics and not spirituality or philosophy...

So why is this thread still in spirituality?
the Torys sold everything Gas/Electric/Shut down the mines privatised everything they could, food banks have increased three fold, who gave us the NHS not the slimy Tories as long as they stay in power the more damage the NHS will suffer we will end up like the USA cant pay then tough DIE.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
God bless them.
They don't pray to god they only want MONEY

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by redbadger
the Torys sold everything Gas/Electric/Shut down the mines privatised everything they could, food banks have increased three fold, who gave us the NHS not the slimy Tories as long as they stay in power the more damage the NHS will suffer we will end up like the USA cant pay then tough DIE.
The Tories did not shut down the mines.

The unprofitably of coal mining in this country shut down the mines.

As did the ridiculously militant and unreasonable trade unions who were
tearing the country apart.

The trade unions picked a fight, to the detriment of their members, in a bid to gain more
power for themselves, and they lost. And rightly so.

The damage this did to their members, was their own damn fault.

The Tories are not [as a whole] evil. They are often wrong, but so is every other political party.

And if you think the NHS did well under Labour, then you are completely deluded.

Also, who privatised the bulk of the railways.... oh yes, the Labour government.

It's not that you are wrong about some of the things the Tories do and stand for that are bad.

It's the ugly way you unfairly and unjustly attack the people, instead of the policies.

Maggie Thatcher for example, strongly believed in 'Christian charity' and good will and that people
should give generously to the poor. She [and the party] just didn't believe that it should be a function
of the government.

I completely disagree, and think that 'Christian charity' is demonstrably insufficient and that it is governments
responsibility. However I still recognise, that while wrong in her methods, that she wasn't evil and was not
trying to screw the poor, or any of the other things she's generally accused of doing/being.

Getting back to the topic of this forum.

There are many religious beliefs that are abhorrent, but most of the people who claim to believe them,
are not. They are for the most part good, generally honest, people. But their beliefs are bad and wrong.
As are the way they form those beliefs.

Which is why I advocate more for the way you [should] form beliefs, than for specific beliefs themselves.

The same for politics. There is no party which can rationally justify all it's policies, and no party that
has a rational and scientific system for honestly verifying and evaluating their policies.
What the Tories get wrong about economics is demonstrably and provably wrong.
But so are the policies that other people get wrong [including on economics].

If you attack the people, you just seed hatred and resentment. Attack the method of policy formation then
maybe you can change the way policies are made and everyone stops making these mistakes.
Making every ones lives better.