1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 11:10
    @fmf said
    Are you actually referring to Suzianne here?
    Think it should actually refer to you?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 11:18
    @secondson said
    Think it should actually refer to you?
    One of the things that seems to rub some people up the wrong way here is how I quite tenaciously stick to the topic, plough through deflections, and waste little time replying in-kind to off-topic generic personal remarks. I'd say this is the complete opposite of what Suzianne spends at least 80% of her time here doing.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 12:43
    @fmf said
    One of the things that seems to rub some people up the wrong way here is how I quite tenaciously stick to the topic, plough through deflections, and waste little time replying in-kind to off-topic generic personal remarks. I'd say this is the complete opposite of what Suzianne spends at least 80% of her time here doing.
    ",..and waste little time replying in-kind to off-topic generic personal remarks."

Right. You just simply initiate them. Like the "dasa channeling" remark you've used from out of the blue on more than one occasion.

Most of what you think you post here as "tenaciously" sticking to the topic and ploughing through "deflections" is an attempt to control the flow of discussion by generating vain self centered endless obfuscating questions designed to further a personal agenda, which you do by calling into question person's character and motives.

Your shenanigans are clearly visible to all except divegeester apparently.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 12:45
    @secondson said
    ",..and waste little time replying in-kind to off-topic generic personal remarks."

Right. You just simply initiate them.
    No, not really.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 12:48
    @secondson said
    Like the "dasa channeling" remark you've used from out of the blue on more than one occasion.
    "Channelling Dasa" means saying things like: 'The problem with your perspective is that it's not true. The truth is what I believe. What I believe is the truth. What you believe is not the truth. You can't talk about this because you don't know what the truth is.' That's what "Channelling Dasa" means.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 12:50
    @secondson said
    Most of what you think you post here as "tenaciously" sticking to the topic and ploughing through "deflections" is an attempt to control the flow of discussion by generating vain self centered endless obfuscating questions designed to further a personal agenda, which you do by calling into question person's character and motives.
    What you are describing is someone talking about what he wants to talk about. Everybody should discuss and debate what they want to. People have been calling into question my character and motives for over ten years. People do that here. Some more than others. It's par for the course.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 13:09
    @FMF

According to your rationale Jesus is a dasa channeler, and anyone else that purports to believe in anything you appear to hold in contempt.

Jesus said "I am the way". I know that's true. Therefore I can say I know the truth.

But because you don't believe Jesus is "the way" you resort to making disparaging remarks against anyone that does. I don't really mind it so much because, as you said, it's par for the course.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 13:13
    @fmf said
    What you are describing is someone talking about what he wants to talk about. Everybody should discuss and debate what they want to. People have been calling into question my character and motives for over ten years. People do that here. Some more than others. It's par for the course.
    Everyone has the right to say exactly what's on their mind, and the beauty of this forum is that they will suffer the consequences for it. Whether good or bad.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 13:52
    @secondson said
    According to your rationale Jesus is a dasa channeler, and anyone else that purports to believe in anything you appear to hold in contempt.
    Nope. You engage Dasa Channelling. Your 'But what I am saying is The Truth; what you're saying is not' approach to debate ought to have an Informal Fallacy label of its own. Maybe there is one. Until someone tells me one, I will refer to it as Dasa Channelling. josephw was a great proponent of it. Such assertions seemed to be the only kinds of 'arguments' he was able to muster more often than not.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 13:53
    @secondson said
    But because you don't believe Jesus is "the way" you resort to making disparaging remarks against anyone that does. I don't really mind it so much because, as you said, it's par for the course.
    "Disparaging remarks"?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 13:55
    @secondson said
    Everyone has the right to say exactly what's on their mind, and the beauty of this forum is that they will suffer the consequences for it. Whether good or bad.
    Of course people have the right to say exactly what's on their mind. I don't see how they have to "suffer" any consequences ~ what are you one about. They have to "suffer the consequences for" exercising the right to say exactly what's on their minds?? Can you give an example?
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 14:13
    @fmf said
    Of course people have the right to say exactly what's on their mind. I don't see how they have to "suffer" any consequences ~ what are you one about. They have to "suffer the consequences for" exercising the right to say exactly what's on their minds?? Can you give an example?
    Jesus is a good example. The ultimate example. He spoke the truth and was murdered for it. People are murdered for believing in Jesus.

Of course people are murdered for nothing too.

One enters this forum and speaks their mind and is lambasted for it. That's a consequence of posting in here. And as is most often the case, if one says that Jesus is the only way, they are ridiculed for it.

It's not exactly like suffering from getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick.

You do realize that "suffer the consequences" is an idiom don't you?

Of course you'll have an argument for that too because you need to be the one defining the terms as means of controlling the discussion.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 14:291 edit
    @suzianne said
    Do you lurk in the SF all the time, or only occasionally?
    I don't lurk here as much as you and some others....I am free to roam as and where I please! 😛

Hope that answers your silly question! 😉

-VR
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 23:27
    @very-rusty said
    I don't lurk here as much as you and some others....I am free to roam as and where I please! 😛

Hope that answers your silly question! 😉

-VR
    Do you not understand the meaning of "lurk"? It doesn't seem that you do.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 14:44
    @suzianne said
    Do you not understand the meaning of "lurk"? It doesn't seem that you do.
    I do, I also know the meaning of stalking someone! 😛 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree