1. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 13:16
    Just a question to the religious community.Is it ok to use drugs or medical procedures to control certain individuals who exhibit "evil " tendencies. If it works,does this have implications for "judgement" when they die?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 13:26
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Just a question to the religious community.Is it ok to use drugs or medical procedures to control certain individuals who exhibit "evil " tendencies. If it works,does this have implications for "judgement" when they die?
    What an odd and slightly random question. Do you have a specific case in mind?

What is an "evil tendency"?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 14:05
    God is the only drug anyone will ever need. 😉

Do you mean is it ok with God that we use a sedative of some kind to control individuals that are homocidal or uncontrollably violent?
  4. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 14:19
    Originally posted by divegeester

Take habitual rapists for example,if through the use of medicine this can be overcome,how would a god judge this individual given that the original individual's tendencies are being masked?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 14:44
    Take habitual rapists for example,if through the use of medicine this can be overcome,how would a god judge this individual given that the original individual's tendencies are being masked?
    Sure, you can dope a rapist to complete insensibility, but the crime will not go unpunished. Justice will be served. Either in this life or the next.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 14:49
    Read Romans ch. 9
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 18:152 edits
    Taking a known natural medical method of health improvement is not bad in itself. Paul instructed Timothy to take a little wine for the sake of his frequent stomach aliments.

But there is a difference between placing on one of man's band-aids to perhaps deal with tghe symptom of a problem, and surrendering one's whole life to Jesus Christ to deal with the ROOT cause of a problem.

If you believe in Christ as your Lord, as to eternal redemption you have already been judged. Your judgment occurred on the cross of Christ at Calvary the day Jesus carried up your sins to the tree.

" Who Himself bore up our sins in His body on the tree, in order that we, having died to sins, might live to righteousness; by whose bruise you were healed." (2 Pet. 2:24)

There are two realizations in this passage which the believer should deepen and deepen as she goes on her spiritual journey. One is a realization of the redeeming power of Christ's death. The other is a realization of the terminating power of Christ's death.

One requires that we exercise faith in the faithful God that we were totally JUDGED for our sins when Christ was judged on our behalf. And one, in like manner, exercises faith that his old life has been terminated. We died in Him. We died in His death.

The more we praise God for these two aspects of the truth the more the power of grace operates in us freeing us from both the guilt and the power of sin.

"Lord Jesus, I thank you that your redeeming blood has thoroughly cleansed me of my raping of the past. In your death on the cross, I was judged by God.

And Lord Jesus, I praise and thank you that in you I DIED. My old way of life has been TERMINATED in my co-death with you.

And now, Lord Jesus, I am raised also with You to walk in newness of life. Wrought this reality into my whole being Lord, from this day onward. Thankyou."

This goes to the ROOT of the problem. This total identification with Christ - Christ being your history, and Christ being your NOW, and Christ being all the future that you will ever know, this is the way to radically go to the root of the matter.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 18:23
    At best man's methods are band-aids. Band-aids sometime do have their place.

But to deal with the root of the problem in the heart, conscience, and behavior (even the thought life) no one does and inside job like the Son of God.

I said, No One can do an inside work as well as Jesus Christ. He can get below down where the psychologist cannot go.

This is not to say practical medical help should not be taught. And do not go dancing with piousness snakes in your mouth as the fanatics.

But along with some practical medical help, one should surrender his inner being to Jesus. He is faithful. It is too late to deal only with the action of rape once it bubbles up to the surface. Christ will go to the thought life on a "molecular level" to deal with the motive of such a sin.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 17:581 edit
    I knew a guy who was a druggy who used to break into homes to fund his habit. He got into an auto accident and became mentally retarded. He was no longer a drug addict and stopped being a thief.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 18:58
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I knew a guy who was a druggy who used to break into homes to fund his habit. He got into an auto accident and became mentally retarded. He was no longer a drug addict and stopped being a thief.
    Was it then that he found Jesus?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 19:53
    In prisonment should do the trick, without the need for drugs.
  12. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 20:26
    In prisonment should do the trick, without the need for drugs.
    I feel sorry for the other prisoners. 🙄
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 22:401 edit
    Don't know about that but "He" did put thc receptors in our brains and spleens. These receptorsites are quite major and found in all life all the way down to sea sponges.
    Cronic cancer sufferers are starting to find the therapeutic benefits of marijuana.
    Educate yourselves people.
    God didn't put alcohol receptors in our brains.
    Apparently cannabis gives one a short term memory reduction which makes the brain forget the pain. (All pain is In the brain)
    Not to mention the hemp.
    This IS the answer to so many world problems.
    Drawbacks? Sure... there are drawbacks to owning a gun as well, but the fact that there are no known deaths attributed to weed smoking surely says this warrants further investigation.
    If we do have a happier future it WILL be because of weed. Not Jesus (He's had his chance)
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 22:42

Do you believe in evil? I think people are just ignorant...even the Hitlers of this world
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 22:44
    Originally posted by josephw
    God is the only drug anyone will ever need. 😉

Do you mean is it ok with God that we use a sedative of some kind to control individuals that are homocidal or uncontrollably violent?
    God does anyway through adrenaline, opioids,etc found in the body (which god apparently designed)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree