1. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 20:00
    wouldn't it just be a lot easier if god and the devil had a game of chess to decide who wins once and for all... what a game that would be!
  2. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 20:02
    maybe they already are and we're the pieces
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 20:06
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    maybe they already are and we're the pieces
    Maybe there's nobody playing that game at all. But you keep intently listening for who the winner will be.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 20:12
    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2833
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 20:40
    wouldn't it just be a lot easier if god and the devil had a game of chess to decide who wins once and for all... what a game that would be!
    But didn't you read the book of Revelation? There is no question that God is victorious. He cannot be defeated. Satan knows that he is doomed. He has always known that.

We need to remind Satan that Christ is the victor and that the Devil is utterly defeated.

"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony. And they loved not thier soul-life even unto death."

We the believers in Christ overcome by procaliming the facts.
    Jesus is Lord and Satan is defeated.

You must read aloud the book of Revelation, particularly the last three chapters.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 22:177 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill
    We need to remind Satan that Christ is the victor and that the Devil is utterly defeated.

If Satan knows this and has always known it, why would he need to be reminded?

You must read aloud the book of Revelation, particularly the last three chapters.

Psycho-alert!!!
  7. The sky
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 22:18
    Originally posted by telerion
    [b]We need to remind Satan that Christ is the victor and that the Devil is utterly defeated.

If Satan knows this and has always known it, why would he need to be reminded? [/b]
    He's getting senile. He keeps forgetting.
  8. Cosmos
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 00:411 edit
    But didn't you read the book of Revelation? There is no question that God is victorious. He cannot be defeated. Satan knows that he is doomed. He has always known that.

[b]"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their t eated.

"But didn't you read the book of Revelation? There is no question that God is victorious. He cannot be defeated. Satan knows that he is doomed. He has always known that. "

I read the above and laughed, assuming it was taking the urine.
    But then I saw the author and realised it was sincere.
    You really are a poor, dumb sap, "NayWill".
  9. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 00:511 edit
    It's not quite "God" and the "devil", but Ingmar Bergman's classic film "The Seventh Seal" comes close on that score, as it features a game of chess between a Medieval knight returning from the crusades, and Death....

http://course1.winona.edu/pjohnson/h140/seal.htm

The chess game runs throughout the movie, with periodic flashbacks and breaking away to other scenes. It's an excellent movie.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 06:384 edits
    As the blind lead the blind tap- tap- tapping away in thier perpetual guesswork about the future of the human destiny, some of us would rather believe the transcendent God who has told us of His ultimate victory.

"I am the First and I am the Last, And apart from Me there is no God. And who can proclaim as I can? Then let him declare it and recount it in order for Me, Since I set forth the people of ancient times. Let them declare to them both the coming things, and the things which will take place. (Isaiah 44:6,7)

While the blind lead the blind and both fall into a pit, gropping through the darkness of thier godless vain thinking, some of us choose to trust the God of prophecy.

The total and universal vindication of the Son of God is more than certain.
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 06:48

The total and universal vindication of the Son of God is more than certain.[/b]
    Explain how something can be more than certain.
    Then follow that with a detailed explanation of how an all-knowing and omnipotent "god" deliberately creates people knowing they will not believe in "him" and they will burn forever.

Angela
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 06:541 edit
    As the blind lead the blind tap- tap- tapping away in thier perpetual guesswork about the future of the human destiny, some of us would rather believe the transcendent God who has told us of His ultimate victory.

"I am the First and I am the Last, And apart from Me there is no God. And who can proclaim as I can? Then let him declare it and recount it d of prophecy.

Wishful thinking, while comforting, is not necessarily true. There are many things I would rather believe in, but that doesn't make them so.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 06:554 edits
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Explain how something can be more than certain.
    Then follow that with a detailed explanation of how an all-knowing and omnipotent "god" deliberately creates people knowing they will not believe in "him" and they will burn forever.

Angela
    Maybe I'll attack that tommow.

But first you must realize that even in a chess game one can realize that she is in for a defeat.

It should not be a big suprise that even if God and the Devil were playing chess that the Devil knows he's in for a crushing checkmate.

He can't win. He can't break even. And he can't get out of the game.

"More than certain" is an expression meaning really very very certain.

And your second challenge about foreknowledge and predestination are too tough for me. Do you have an easier one?

Goodnight.
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 06:571 edit

[b]"I am the First and I am the Last, And apart from Me there is no God. And who can proclaim as I can? Then let him declare it and recount it ...[text shortened]... d of prophecy.

I think you need to get your facts straight Jaywill...if you look carefully at this evidence from the Hobgobble it clearly shows that you are wrong and deluded

JimBob 29:11 Harry the Hobgoblin is thy First and Last, and apart from his magnificent self there is no other deity. If there be a time unto which thy humans shall praise false gods he tricked you about then thou shalt be forced to eat sprouts on the anniversary of thy false God's false son...and just for good measureth thou shalt have to drive thyself silly in what shalt come to be known as the third millenium trying to reason with a silly creature that calls itself Jaywill

See!!! there is the evidence!...There is no other god other than Harry the Hobgoblin...you made a mistake!
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 06:59
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I think you need to get your facts straight Jaywill...if you look carefully at this evidence from the Hobgobble it clearly shows that you are wrong and deluded

[b]JimBob 29:11
    [i]Harry the Hobgoblin is thy First and Last, and apart from his magnificent self there is no other deity. If there be a time unto which thy humans shall praise false gods he tric ...[text shortened]... e is the evidence!...There is no other god other than Harry the Hobgoblin...you made a mistake![/b]
    I like the Invisible Pink Unicorn one better. Getting tired of that one?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree