1. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 14:34
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Why would an omniscient being ever need to reflect on anything, since he already knows the conclusion he'll come to?
    Of course, the omnipresent god also has no place in hell. 😉
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 03:29
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    I'm not omniscient.
    But yet you presume to know what being omnisceint is like.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 03:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you are saying that God or the writer of Genesis forgot to translate the word 'day'? how do you know he didn't forget to translate all the other words? Maybe the whole story is about something completely different! Maybe the earth in Gods language is moon and the sun is universe and dark is grey and............

and maybe when it says 'and he was ple ...[text shortened]... ns 'he was really upset' because a smile for God is rolling on the floor laughter for us.
    Such words as morning and evening which can be translated in the original ancient Hebrew as "choas" and "order". Also look at Genesis 2:4. It says that these are the GENERATIONS of the heavens and earth. If a day is a 24 hour period then what are the generations of the heavens and earth? I think the key is understanding the original ancient Hebrew as well as the Jewish scholars who came to similar conclusions hundreds of years ago.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 03:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    But yet you presume to know what being omnisceint is like.
    Not at all, I don't know what it's like to be a plant either, yet I make inferences about their behaviour every day as a job. You don't need to have empathy to use logic.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 07:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    Such words as morning and evening which can be translated in the original ancient Hebrew as "choas" and "order". Also look at Genesis 2:4. It says that these are the GENERATIONS of the heavens and earth. If a day is a 24 hour period then what are the generations of the heavens and earth? I think the key is understanding the original ancient Hebrew as well as the Jewish scholars who came to similar conclusions hundreds of years ago.
    But that is not what was said earlier in the thread. What was said was that the text said "day" but that to God that was something else. If you are saying that the text did not say "day" then I have no problem with it.
    My issue was that Christians often claim that the Bible is flawless, but when an apparent flaw is pointed out they say that the words actually mean something else. Any document whose words have no specific meaning or an unknown meaning is not flawless, it is just plain meaningless.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree