1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 19:49
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage

So is the OP false, true, or a mixture of both?
    The OP is literally a false story. If it is posted as supposed evidence that god answers prayers then it's patently false.
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 19:57
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    The OP is literally a false story. If it is posted as supposed evidence that god answers prayers then it's patently false.
    It's a piece of satire.

Does it work?
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 20:08
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    The OP is literally a false story.
    I dont see how it can be a false story. 😕

It is a funny piece of fiction which does have an element of Truth to it.
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 20:09
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    It's a piece of satire.

Does it work?
    For what it seems the writer of the article wants (not really the OP necessarily), yes.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 02:17
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I dont see how it can be a false story. 😕

It is a funny piece of fiction which does have an element of Truth to it.
    The element of truth is that yes, God does answer prayers and sometimes the answer is indeed no. That does not mean that he's just a mean bastard. What it means is that He knows what is best for us; His understanding is deeper than man's understanding. It also means that sometimes man asks for some rather frivolous things as well.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 13:48
    Why does Russ allow crippled threads like this to be created. I hate Russ.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 13:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The element of truth is that yes, God does answer prayers and sometimes the answer is indeed no. That does not mean that he's just a mean bastard. What it means is that He knows what is best for us; His understanding is deeper than man's understanding.
    Oddly enough, God answering prayers has no detectable statistical effect on peoples lives, suggesting that what God things is best for us is to treat us all equally regardless of how much we pray. Also, he seams to treat wealthier people much nicer.

It also means that sometimes man asks for some rather frivolous things as well.
    And I bet after some discussion you will explain that things like wanting to live, or not suffer terrible pain, are frivolous in the greater scheme of things.

Sometimes I wonder why these things have to be dragged out of you. Why don't you just say it up front instead of seemingly saying something quite different?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 14:36

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 14:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Oddly enough, God answering prayers has no detectable statistical effect on peoples lives, suggesting that what God things is best for us is to treat us all equally regardless of how much we pray. Also, he seams to treat wealthier people much nicer.

[b]It also means that sometimes man asks for some rather frivolous things as well.

And I bet after ...[text shortened]... you. Why don't you just say it up front instead of seemingly saying something quite different?[/b]
    You're not "dragging anything out of me" by being an ass to me, either.

What you're doing is suggesting what you think I want to say instead of treating me like a human being who knows enough to say what I mean.

Do you treat ALL women like this? Do you even know any other women well enough to feel that you can treat them like dirt? Or are you afraid they might beat you to a pulp if you tell them how you really feel?

Yeah, jerk, your lame attacks do work both ways.

This crap might work when you play it on GB. Maybe you're just pissed that I opened up *your* motives in his other thread. Maybe you should just stop talking to me before your "technique" gets labeled for what it is: harassment.
  10. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 17:13
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why does Russ allow crippled threads like this to be created. I hate Russ.
    Maybe you need to pray to Russ that he removes this thread.
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 17:19
    Originally posted by lausey
    Maybe you need to pray to Russ that he removes this thread.
    Is Russ's avatar still Hathor the Cow Goddess?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 20:081 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You're not "dragging anything out of me" by being an ass to me, either.
    OK, lets hear it then. Its your claim that many peoples prayers aren't answered because they are too frivolous.
    Can you give a rough idea of what sort of prayers you are referring to.
    Can you also give some reasoning as to why people with deadly diseases or other causes of early death do not have their prayers answered, as I assume by your response that you do not consider such prayers frivolous.

Do you treat ALL women like this? Do you even know any other women well enough to feel that you can treat them like dirt? Or are you afraid they might beat you to a pulp if you tell them how you really feel?
    Yeah, jerk, your lame attacks do work both ways.

Actually my behavior towards you has nothing whatsoever to do with you being a woman. It has to do with what you posted, which looked like a rather ridiculous attempt at Christian appologism. I mean seriously, read through your own post, and if you don't end up laughing at how ridiculous it is, then there is something seriously wrong with your view of the world.

Basically you have claimed that when someone dying off of AIDS prays to God for a longer life, God does not answer because either he knows better (and thinks the person in question is better off dead), or he thinks the request is frivolous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree