1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 02:361 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So exactly how do you feel this applies the USA?
    From the prophetic blessings passed on by the dying Jacob, it is apparent that Ephraim and Manasseh were in a large measure to inherit the birthright jointly; to remain together for a long time, finally separating.

In Genesis 48 Jacob first passed the birthright on to the two sons of Joseph jointly, speaking of them both together. Then, finally, he spoke of them separately - Manasseh was to become the single GREAT nation; Ephraim, the COMPANY of nations.

To Abraham God said, "In ISAAC shall thy seed be called," and this name is repeated in Romans 9:7 and Hebrews 11:18. In Amos 7:16 the Israelites are called "the house ISAAC". They were descended from Isaac, and therefore are Isaac's sons. Drop the "I" from "Isaac" (vowels are not used in Hebrew spelling), and we have the modern name "SAAC'S SONS," or, as we spell it in shorter manner, "SAXONS"!

Dr. W. Holt Yates says, "The word 'Saxons' is derived from the 'sons of Isaac,' by dropping the prefix 'I.'"

Together Ephraim and Manasseh grew into a multitude, then separated, according to Jacob's prophetic blessing of Genesis 48. Our people have fulfilled this prophecy.

But how can we be Manasseh when a large part of our people have come from many nations besides England? The answer is this: A large part of Manasseh remained with Ephraim until the separation of NEW England. But our forefathers were to be sifted through many nations, as corn through a sieve, yet not a grain to fall to the earth or be lost (Amos 9:9). Our people did filter through many nations. Ephraim and much of Manasseh finally immigrated to England together, but many others of Manasseh who had filtered into and through other nations did not leave them until they came, as immigrants, to the United States AFTER the New England colony had become the separate nation. This does not mean that all foreigners who have immigrated into this country are of the stock of Manasseh, but undoubtedly many are. Israel, however, always did absorb Gentiles, who became Israelites through living in Israel's land and intermarrying.

Thus we have become known as the "melting pot" of the world. Instead of refuting our Manasseh ancestry, this fact actually confirms it. The proof that we are Manasseh is overwhelming. Manasseh was to separate from Ephraim and become the greatest, wealthiest single nation of earth's history. We alone have fulfilled this prophecy. Manasseh was in fact a thirteenth tribe. There were twelve original tribes. Joseph was one of these twelve. But when Joseph divided into two tribes and Manasseh separated into an independent nation, it became a thirteenth tribe.

Could it be mere coincidence that it started, as a nation, with thirteen colonies?

http://ezekielwatchman.org/israels_new_land.html

In A.D. 1800 the United Kingdom and the United States were small and insignificant among the earth's nations. The United Kingdom consisted only of the British Isles, a very small part of India and of Canada and a few little islands. The United States consisted only of the original 13 colonies and three added states. Neither possessed any great wealth or power.

But beginning in 1800 these two little nations began to sprout and to grow into vast national riches and power such as no people ever possessed. Soon Britain's empire spread around the world, until the sun never set upon her possessions. Canada, Australia, South Africa were given dominion status - made free and independent nations, ruling themselves independent of England - a company, or commonwealth, of nations joined together, not by legal government, but solely by the throne of David!

http://ezekielwatchman.org/birthright_withheld_2520_years.html
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 17:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    From the prophetic blessings passed on by the dying Jacob, it is apparent that Ephraim and Manasseh were in a large measure to inherit the birthright jointly; to remain together for a long time, finally separating.

In Genesis 48 Jacob first passed the birthright on to the two sons of Joseph jointly, speaking of them both together. Then, finally, he spoke ...[text shortened]...

Wow dude. This is one of the wildest opinions yet that you've come up with yet. Lol

So in your opinion if Jesus did come back as you think he will in flesh, will the USA still exist?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 20:29
    Wow dude. This is one of the wildest opinions yet that you've come up with yet. Lol

So in your opinion if Jesus did come back as you think he will in flesh, will the USA still exist?
    The angel said that Jesus would come back in like manner as the disciples saw Him go. Therefore, I believe He will return in the flesh, I do not know if the USA will still exist at that time.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 20:38
    The angel said that Jesus would come back in like manner as the disciples saw Him go. Therefore, I believe He will return in the flesh, I do not know if the USA will still exist at that time.
    Well it should be according to your reasoning with scriptures, right? Or do you not feel so sure about the prophecy your trying to interpret?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 23:40
    Well it should be according to your reasoning with scriptures, right? Or do you not feel so sure about the prophecy your trying to interpret?
    If you look at all the details, which you claim you never do, it seems to be a reasonable interpretation. However, it is not I that have tried to interpret this prophecy. I was only looking at some of the ideas of others, just as you do not try to interpret prophecy yourself, but look to the Watchtower Society to do it for you. 😏
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 00:06

In Genesis 48 Jacob first passed the birthright on to the two sons of Joseph jointly, speaking of them both together. Then, finally, he spoke ...[text shortened]...

If you are going to drop one vowel surely you should drop the lot? That would leave SC SN. Not sure that makes Saxon.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 00:471 edit
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you are going to drop one vowel surely you should drop the lot? That would leave SC SN. Not sure that makes Saxon.
    I have never studied linguistics, so I really don't know. Others seem to think this is what has happened and I am merely passing this on as a possible theory. I guess I may be something like googlefudge and Proper Knob who believe in the theory of evil-lution, they have accepted the information passed on from those considered more learned on the subject than they. 😏

P. S. By the way, there was no vowels in the Hebrew language to begin with and I understand the modern Hebrew language still has no vowels.
  8. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 09:37
    I have never studied linguistics, so I really don't know. Others seem to think this is what has happened and I am merely passing this on as a possible theory. I guess I may be something like googlefudge and Proper Knob who believe in the theory of evil-lution, they have accepted the information passed on from those considered more learned on the subject th ...[text shortened]... Hebrew language to begin with and I understand the modern Hebrew language still has no vowels.
    Apparently the "no vowels" thing is written only, spoken Hebrew has vowels. The original spelling of the name of the people generally regarded as Saxons is likely to have been Seaxe except they couldn't spell and had no written language. They same applies to son, Old English spelling would be something like sune but most Old English speakers were illiterate and those that weren't would have spelled it filius.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 13:06
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Apparently the "no vowels" thing is written only, spoken Hebrew has vowels. The original spelling of the name of the people generally regarded as Saxons is likely to have been Seaxe except they couldn't spell and had no written language. They same applies to son, Old English spelling would be something like sune but most Old English speakers were illiterate and those that weren't would have spelled it filius.
    Perhaps the "I" vowel sound was never there in the beginning or perhaps it was a silent vowel sound in the beginning. So in that case there would be no need to place a vowel in front of the name Sacc, then there would be no need for it when designating the sons of Sacc as Sacsons or Saxsons.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 21:08
    Why not if it has been blessed or favored by God as you feel it has as opposed to other countries that you feel he doesn't?
    Because in our lifetimes, we have seen the 'hedge of protection' implied in the blessing withdrawn. Basically, America has squandered its blessing, and I'm guessing it doesn't have very much longer to go. We've turned away from God, and we'll reap the whirlwind soon enough.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 21:11
    Perhaps if one would go back into the Bible and see the nation of Israel and the standards he expected from them in order to maintain and deserve his blessings and protection, it would help one to see some points on this.
    Has the USA or as a matter of fact, any nation conformed to God's ways, his leadership, guidelines and laws so that they can say he ...[text shortened]... ven some of the football games we play on Friday nights or the "good ole boy's" at Nascar???
    Sometimes I wonder just how far your faith goes if you are this nitpicky on something that seems fairly obvious. So is that your MO? You don't believe it unless you see it in print?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 21:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Because in our lifetimes, we have seen the 'hedge of protection' implied in the blessing withdrawn. Basically, America has squandered its blessing, and I'm guessing it doesn't have very much longer to go. We've turned away from God, and we'll reap the whirlwind soon enough.
    Very good insight Suzianne. Even with the only real nation he dealt with as they would leave his laws, he would leave them. It's only common sense for that to happen.
    But other then man saying that he did or still might bless this country is still only said by man. No proof whatsoever from God that he has or still is blessing this country.
    Again the scriptures clearly say that it is only humans he is looking for from "all the nations" that he blesses and uses, not individual countries.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 22:002 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    This retort rather lends weight to my suggestion that yours is merely a patriotic, nationalistic or jingoistic perspective, and not an authentically Christian one.
    Of course it's a Christian one. An *American* Christian one, to be sure, but I don't see a lot of atheists lining up to say that America is blessed. And after seeing all the Euro-chest-thumping going on in here, it's laughable that my opinion would be given any weight at all.

Yes, America has been blessed, and I'd say a rather high percentage of Americans think so. Judging from the comments in here, including yours, it's quite obvious to me that the concept of Manifest Destiny is only really understood by Americans (or those intimately familiar with American History [non-Americans, not likely] which we get 6 to 10 years of in school), and that Europeans, especially the British, are extremely loathe to believe even remotely that America has anything on them, even something that one would think they (the atheists, anyway) didn't even believe in, a blessing from God.

I also find it laughable that the OP, an American himself, denies the idea. Ask ANYbody in America, Gman, and I mean ANYbody (except maybe your JW brethren) if America is blessed by God. No, better, ask 10 Americans if they think America is blessed by God. I'll bet you get 9 yes answers. The good life most Americans have enjoyed for the last two hundred years didn't just fall out of the sky. When has America ever been attacked, except for Pearl Harbor and 9/11? (Edit: And even Pearl Harbor was not American soil at the time.)

I'll go even further with this idea and say that America is now on the edge of losing this Godly blessing because we, as a nation, have turned away from God. The attack on 9/11 and the current financial crisis in this country are only the first warning shots of this, and we desperately need to put our arrogance aside and take heed. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening any time soon, and we don't have much time left.

And FMF, I'm surprised you can even find my nationalism in the vast, wide sea of nationalism in this thread.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 22:06
    Very good insight Suzianne. Even with the only real nation he dealt with as they would leave his laws, he would leave them. It's only common sense for that to happen.
    But other then man saying that he did or still might bless this country is still only said by man. No proof whatsoever from God that he has or still is blessing this country.
    Again the ...[text shortened]... he is looking for from "all the nations" that he blesses and uses, not individual countries.
    Are you seriously saying that God never even blessed the Hebrews as a nation? That God's Chosen People (the Jews, just to be clear) don't even have (or even never had) his blessing?
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 22:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Of course it's a Christian one. An *American* Christian one, to be sure, but I don't see a lot of atheists lining up to say that America is blessed. And after seeing all the Euro-chest-thumping going on in here, it's laughable that my opinion would be given any weight at all.

Yes, America has been blessed, and I'd say a rather high percentage of Americ ...[text shortened]... ou can even find my nationalism in the vast, wide sea of nationalism in this thread.
    I asked you this earlier, but maybe you missed it:
    "Did you consider things such as Native American genocide and the abhorrent practice of slavery prior to drawing your conclusion?"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree