1. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    11 Feb '13 15:43
    A very well known statement. Some actually believe this even to the point of one poster saying "God gave us the atomic bomb".
    So has God blessed America?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    11 Feb '13 15:55
    Originally posted by galveston75
    A very well known statement. Some actually believe this even to the point of one poster saying "God gave us the atomic bomb".
    So has God blessed America?
    Yes, obviously.

    But as a Nation, we've outlived our blessing by relegating God to the fairy-tale bin.

    As seen in another thread, Jonathan Cahn has a few things to say about this.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93340
    11 Feb '13 15:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, obviously.

    But as a Nation, we've outlived our blessing by relegating God to the fairy-tale bin.

    As seen in another thread, Jonathan Cahn has a few things to say about this.
    what makes you think america has been blessed?
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    11 Feb '13 16:11
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what makes you think america has been blessed?
    they gave us Jimi Hendrix!
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    11 Feb '13 16:142 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what makes you think america has been blessed?
    In just 200 (plus a little) years, we've gone from practically nothing to the leading world superpower. Inventions made in this country by Americans and others have raised the quality of life worldwide. We now enjoy a technology unequaled in world history.

    Of course the US was blessed.

    If you say you can't see it, I would guess you're playing the troll role (a bit).
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    11 Feb '13 16:16
    Originally posted by galveston75
    A very well known statement. Some actually believe this even to the point of one poster saying "God gave us the atomic bomb".
    So has God blessed America?
    Have you ever heard to term "America Bless God"?
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93340
    11 Feb '13 16:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    In just 200 (plus a little) years, we've gone from practically nothing to the leading world superpower. Inventions made in this country by Americans and others have raised the quality of life worldwide. We now enjoy a technology unequaled in world history.

    Of course the US was blessed.

    If you say you can't see it, I would guess you're playing the troll role (a bit).
    lots of countries have gone from nothing in the last 200 years. lots of countries have come from nothing through out history.

    many countries have provided the world with amazing inventions, america is no more prolific in this area than other developed nations. many countries have been doing this historically as well, constantly raising the quality of life. your technology has been provided by many nations and many nations share your level of technology.

    either god has blessed lots of countries or god has blessed non. there is nothing special or different about america.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    11 Feb '13 16:30
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    lots of countries have gone from nothing in the last 200 years. lots of countries have come from nothing through out history.

    many countries have provided the world with amazing inventions, america is no more prolific in this area than other developed nations. many countries have been doing this historically as well, constantly raising the quality of ...[text shortened]... d lots of countries or god has blessed non. there is nothing special or different about america.
    You're English, right?

    No wonder you have this attitude about America. We did kinda upset your little stint as a world leader. Most people in the world (even some Brits, believe it or not) don't have a problem believing the US was blessed. Enjoy your sour grapes.
  9. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    11 Feb '13 16:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No wonder you have this attitude about America. We did kinda upset your little stint as a world leader.
    Do you think God was blessing Britain when Britain was a superpower and when it had all manner of inventions, and its technology that was unequaled in world history at that time, its industrial revolution, its impact on quality of life worldwide etc.?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    11 Feb '13 16:401 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think God was blessing Britain when Britain was a superpower and when it had all manner of inventions, and its technology that was unequaled in world history at that time, its industrial revolution, its impact on quality of life worldwide etc.?
    I know I'm just jumping into your little pre-planned fire, but I'll be honest (what a concept) and just say No.

    England was never a chosen people, by any stretch of the imagination.
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    11 Feb '13 16:431 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I know I'm just jumping into your little pre-planned fire, but I'll be honest (what a concept) and just say No.
    You said 'Of course the US was blessed". but then what you cited to justify saying that was: being a world superpower, inventions, technology, quality of life etc. I am curious as to why these criteria - to your way of thinking - do not apply to Britain historically.
  12. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    11 Feb '13 16:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    they gave us Jimi Hendrix!
    Well ya gots a point there...Lol
  13. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    11 Feb '13 16:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    England was never a chosen people, by any stretch of the imagination.
    Doesn't making declarations about what nations God blesses and doesn't bless require a "stretch of the imagination"?
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93340
    11 Feb '13 16:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You're English, right?

    No wonder you have this attitude about America. We did kinda upset your little stint as a world leader. Most people in the world (even some Brits, believe it or not) don't have a problem believing the US was blessed. Enjoy your sour grapes.
    i dont have an 'attitude' about america. i value it contribution to the world. there are a few things i dont like about america but there are things i dont like about england, most countries have their issues.

    im talking facts, there is nothing special about america, its just another country in a world full of other countries. i agree that america has a high level of technology, i agree that america has provided lots of good inventions, but i also acknowledge that lots of other countries have too.none of the examples you gave are specific to america, so what makes america blessed?
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93340
    11 Feb '13 16:51
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well ya gots a point there...Lol
    but they also gave us britney spears, they give with one hand and take away with the next.
Back to Top