1. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 16:27
    At the risk of going off on a tangent here...I was skimming one of the other threads that went completely off topic (as usual). I noticed some of the xtian nodders blaming the Columbine shootings on either a) the teaching of TOE in public schools or b) not teaching xtianity.

This is ridiculous, and you know it: God caused Columbine.

Xtians, if you wish to assert that GOD KNOWS ALL, and GOD IS EVERYWHERE, and GOD CREATED US, then GOD ALONE CAUSED COLUMBINE. If you want to assert that your god decided to allow Columbine occur as a punishment, or a warning, fine. The end result is the same, 'god' caused this tragedy to happen.

To head off the response I know is coming: I don't personally believe god caused Columbine...but then again, I'm not caught in the usual asinine moral contradictions of a True Believer. Actually, you might be almost right, but not as you think: if the Columbine gunmen were god-fearin', Jesus lovin' religobots, they might not have acted on their murderous rage in this fashion. Unfortunately, that's not a testament to god's existence, rather it's an example of the benefits of religious mind-control.
  2. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 16:32
    Talk about stirring the pot.....
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 20:011 edit
    "God caused the Columbine tragedy"

Be carefull, the prince of darkness, God's adversary, is still on the scene.

I wonder why all his evil works are written on God's record by the anti-God squad ?
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 20:03
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    I wonder why all his works are written on God's record ?
    Because...
  5. Joined
    17 Apr '03
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 20:18
    Why just choose Columbine, why not say any murder, rape kidnapping etc. There are many evil things happening in the world every second of the day. Columbine was the reaction of two kids bullied and hassled every day of lives. Even the teachers didn't want to help the two boys as they were "weird". I blame the teachers and the parents of the bullies and not the two kids.
  6. Forgotten
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 20:47
    columbine hs is about 50 miles from my home
    it was 2 disturbed kids parents that were un observant
    and alot of people at the high school that didnt seem to see the warning signs .... not the work of god or satan
    just a terrible thing that 2 kids did
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 23:00
    "God caused the Columbine tragedy"

Be carefull, the prince of darkness, God's adversary, is still on the scene.

I wonder why all his evil works are written on God's record by the anti-God squad ?
    I have said this many times here. God is always blamed and the prince of darkness always comes out of it scott clean....kind of like Bill Clinton.😉
  8. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 23:20
    Fine. Standard xtian cop-out, and leads us back to the GAFE.

> God is powerless to prevent Satan from destroying his creation here on earth, in this physical realm. God is not omnipotent.

> God is unaware that Satan is performing whatever overt act he does that causes this tragedy. God is not omniscient.

> God knows in advance, and chooses not to use his omnipotence to prevent Satan for causing the tragedy. God is not omnibenevolent.

Which is it?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 23:27
    Originally posted by David C
    Fine. Standard xtian cop-out, and leads us back to the GAFE.

> God is powerless to prevent Satan from destroying his creation here on earth, in this physical realm. God is not omnipotent.

> God is unaware that Satan is performing whatever overt act he does that causes this tragedy. God is not omniscient.

> God knows in advance, and chooses not to us ...[text shortened]... omnipotence to prevent Satan for causing the tragedy. God is not omnibenevolent.

Which is it?
    I just posted this link on the Salvation thread. God is not in control of everything that happens.

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=364&mode=&order=0&thold=0
  10. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 23:361 edit
    Originally posted by David C

"O, it is excellent to have a giant's strength: but it is tyrannous to use it like a giant." - Measure for Measure, Act 2 Scene 2
  11. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Nov '05 00:36
    Originally posted by orfeo
    "O, it is excellent to have a giant's strength: but it is tyrannous to use it like a giant." - Measure for Measure, Act 2 Scene 2
    An act of ommission is as damning as an act of commission.

Where's Epicurus when you need him
  12. Earth Prime
    Moves
    12 Nov '05 00:43
    Several hundred people accepted the Lord as their savior following the Columbine shootings. They were greatly moved by the supposed martyrs there of Cassie Bernall and Rachel Scott, who have both been credited with facing the shooters and saying "Yes, I believe in God" before being taken out.
  13. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Nov '05 00:51
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Several hundred people accepted the Lord as their savior following the Columbine shootings. They were greatly moved by the supposed martyrs there of Cassie Bernall and Rachel Scott, who have both been credited with facing the shooters and saying "Yes, I believe in God" before being taken out.
    And how many rejected the lard at the same time?
  14. Earth Prime
    Moves
    12 Nov '05 00:52
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    And how many rejected the lard at the same time?
    hmm? Those rejecting had already been doing so. There was loss of human life, and gain of spiritual life.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    12 Nov '05 00:53
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Several hundred? Did you take a poll or something?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree