1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 23:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That ole google some fudge will not admit he is wrong and wants everyone else to think he is right, so to disagree with him is unthinkable unless he believes you are a redneck moron like me. 😏
    ThinkOfOne isnt a redneck.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 23:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That ole google some fudge will not admit he is wrong and wants everyone else to think he is right, so to disagree with him is unthinkable unless he believes you are a redneck moron like me. 😏
    I am more than prepared to admit I am wrong.

I do it all the time.

But you actually have to demonstrate that I'm wrong not just assert it.

This whole conversation has been me asking ToO to provide an explanation of why he thinks I'm wrong.

I want to hear arguments as to why I might be wrong because if I am right my arguments should be better.
    If they're not I want to know that so I can correct my mistake.

I am not however prepared to play ToO's games just to get his view.

If he isn't prepared to back up his assertions without me placating his ego then I'm not interested.

My position stands as the only one actually backed up with reasoned argument.

If he wants to dispute that he can provide his own.

Till then he's just boring.

Although not nearly so boring as you.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 23:59
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    ThinkOfOne isnt a redneck.
    Yeah cos that was the thing that was so wrong about what RJHinds was saying.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 10:24
    Originally posted by OdBod
    I had a vision I know it to be true ,God told me that creation occurred one hour ago. Everything we think we know is nothing more than implanted memories,and because God can do anything, the physical universe was set up exactly as we perceive it now. Prove me wrong!
    old idea

last thursdayism is an already established church
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 19:313 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I am more than prepared to admit I am wrong.

I do it all the time.

But you actually have to demonstrate that I'm wrong not just assert it.

This whole conversation has been me asking ToO to provide an explanation of why he thinks I'm wrong.

I want to hear arguments as to why I might be wrong because if I am right my arguments should be better. provide his own.

Till then he's just boring.

Although not nearly so boring as you.
    If he isn't prepared to back up his assertions without me placating his ego then I'm not interested.

Let's me see, you're the one who took my directing a response to the OP as a personal affront, yet you believe that I'm the one with ego issues.

You're the one who insisted that simply because you had also posted a response to the OP that someone directing a response to the OP necessarily needed to address your post as well, yet you believe that I'm the one with ego issues.

You're the one who deemed me an 'ass' and 'boring' simply because I didn't cater to your petulant demands, yet you believe that I'm the one with ego issues.

You should learn about 'projection'. Perhaps it'll help you mature a bit:
    Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person subconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, usually to other people. Thus, projection involves imagining or projecting the belief that others originate those feelings.[1]

Projection reduces anxiety by allowing the expression of the unwanted unconscious impulses or desires without letting the conscious mind recognize them.

An example of this behavior might be blaming another for self failure. The mind may avoid the discomfort of consciously admitting personal faults by keeping those feelings unconscious, and by redirecting libidinal satisfaction by attaching, or "projecting," those same faults onto another person or object.

You're really something else, GF. That said, my offer still stands. I'm still willing to cater to your petulant demands, if you're willing to demonstrate a little bit of maturity.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 19:44
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]If he isn't prepared to back up his assertions without me placating his ego then I'm not interested.

Let's me see, you're the one who took my directing a response to the OP as a personal affront, yet you believe that I'm the one with ego issues.

You're the one who insisted that simply because you had also posted a response to the OP that some ...[text shortened]... tulant demands, if you're willing to demonstrate a little bit of maturity.[/b]
    Have you ever noticed how often you seem to indicate that you have an argument that will defeat someone's position, but for some reason or other there is always a good reason why now is not quite the right time to deploy it?

Your setting conditions that you knew googlefudge would not accept was pretty transparent, even for you.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 19:47
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Have you ever noticed how often you seem to indicate that you have an argument that will defeat someone's position, but for some reason or other there is always a good reason why now is not quite the right time to deploy it?

Your setting conditions that you knew googlefudge would not accept was pretty transparent, even for you.
    Still can't quite get over embarrassing yourself on the 'spanking' thread?
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 19:51
    Still can't quite get over embarrassing yourself on the 'spanking' thread?
    Was that an example of the maturity thing you were asking for from googlefudge?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 19:53
    Was that an example of the maturity thing you were asking for from googlefudge?
    Just pointing out that you have an axe to grind and as such have a skewed view.
  10. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 20:04
    Just pointing out that you have an axe to grind and as such have a skewed view.
    No axe to grind. I think my arguments in the spanking thread were considerably better than yours, but I am not worried if you disagree.

I am more than happy to admit I didn't understand a word of what googlefudge posted.

But I also don't think that you really believe you can defeat his argument. Hence the setting of those silly conditions.

You've done this before, and I expect you'll do it again.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 20:15
    No axe to grind. I think my arguments in the spanking thread were considerably better than yours, but I am not worried if you disagree.

I am more than happy to admit I didn't understand a word of what googlefudge posted.

But I also don't think that you really believe you can defeat his argument. Hence the setting of those silly conditions.

You've done this before, and I expect you'll do it again.
    As I recall your argument rested largely on 'authorities' on spanking who are about as well regarded as the 'authorities' that creationists trot out. And you, like them, kept insisting that you had a valid argument. Not surprised that you, like them, are still insistent.

And now, here on this thread where you admit that you don't understand what GF is talking about, are still trying to somehow wedge your axe.

How can anyone take your comments as anything but what they are: trolling? And a very silly attempt at that?
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 20:37
    As I recall your argument rested largely on 'authorities' on spanking who are about as well regarded as the 'authorities' that creationists trot out. And you, like them, kept insisting that you had a valid argument. Not surprised that you, like them, are still insistent.

And now, here on this thread where you admit that you don't understand what GF is ...[text shortened]... ke your comments as anything but what they are: trolling? And a very silly attempt at that?
    Do you spend much time wondering why everyone's perception of you is so at odds with your own?

I think you would benefit from a little self-reflection, rather than always trying to pin the blame on others.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 21:24
    Do you spend much time wondering why everyone's perception of you is so at odds with your own?

I think you would benefit from a little self-reflection, rather than always trying to pin the blame on others.
    I've proved my points. I imagine that if you were able to refute anything that I've said to you, you would have.

That said, what do you think that you could possibly gain by drawing out your silly attempt at trolling?
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 21:43
    Ack. That's not good.

I am more than willing to try again if my first post was unclear...

Could you give me a hint as to where it was I lost you?

It would help to know where to start in reformulating the argument.
  15. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 22:45
    I've proved my points. I imagine that if you were able to refute anything that I've said to you, you would have.

That said, what do you think that you could possibly gain by drawing out your silly attempt at trolling?
    I think your hypocrisy is splendid at times.

And I don't think you believe I am a troll. If you did, you would have jumped in on me on the Health Risks of Gay Sex thread. But I think you were quite happy with my line there.

So, if I was not being a troll there, why would you think I am being one here?

I think you are confusing troll with someone who doesn't agree with you and draws attention to your lack of grace and good manners.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree