1. Ketchikan, Alaska
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 02:28
    If god hated gays why did he create man?

But seriously lets get this right. There are many versions of the bible. It was actualy changed many diffrent times for example, when the cathoic church put more emphasis on hell and satan. They changed many passages and ideas about him and then added some. Originaly the bible talked very little about him and hell, but that all changed when they started using his figure as a recruiting figure. The snake in the garden being the devil. Not true it was simply a snake in the original bible. Man has changed many things and added and cut. I'm not sure about this but I believe originaly the bible viewed mariage as the joining of two souls and not two genders. Therefore originaly before man alterd text to much it was alright to be gay. Say what you want but you bould have to check with a historical group to verify this as you will probably never find a original copy of the bible from thousands of years ago.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 06:48
    Originally posted by Dracos Chikou

But seriously lets get this right. There are many versions of the bible. It was actualy changed many diffrent times for example, when the cathoic church put more emphasis on hell and satan. They changed many passages and ideas about him and then added some. Originaly the bible talked very little about him and ...[text shortened]... this as you will probably never find a original copy of the bible from thousands of years ago.
    Interesting how you make claims that people have made major changes and the throw in words like "the origional bible" like such a thing ever existed. It always amazes me how people never seem to think about thier own beliefs.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 07:00
    Originally posted by shotgundiplomacy
    that's a muslim law about raping women my (not)friend
    I don't think you are right, It seams you don't know anything about Islam
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 07:03

But seriously lets get this right. There are many versions of the bible. It was actualy changed many diffrent times for example, when the cathoic church put more emphasis on hell and satan. They changed many passages and ideas about him and then added some. Originaly the bible talked very little about him and ...[text shortened]... this as you will probably never find a original copy of the bible from thousands of years ago.
    If you belif that men made many changes in the Holy Book how do you trust anything inside it.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 07:43
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    If you belif that men made many changes in the Holy Book how do you trust anything inside it.
    Isn't there a Muslim belief that the original of the Koran is in heaven, so no earthly copy is perfect?
  6. Standard memberASROMA
    Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!
    WC Champs 2006
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 11:57
    Originally posted by shotgundiplomacy
    that's a muslim law about raping women my (not)friend
    RUBBISH!!!!

Prove it
  7. Standard memberASROMA
    Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!
    WC Champs 2006
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 11:58
    Originally posted by sjeg
    Quite right. Well said.
    You too?

Prove it please.
  8. Standard memberASROMA
    Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!
    WC Champs 2006
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 12:00
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Isn't there a Muslim belief that the original of the Koran is in heaven, so no earthly copy is perfect?
    Not quite.

In the Qu'raan God says that he will maintain the original message and ensure that it is unaltered.

By that we can infer that the heavenly and earthly are the same (assuming you take the Qu’raan as the word of God).
  9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 12:061 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    Old Fred Phelps tell's it like the Pope feels it. He actually believes the same as Billy Gramm. All Fundamentalist Christians think God frowns on Homosexuals, but they pussy foot it and try to paint a picture of Love instead of narrow sight. It's a bad sin according to the faith. So when The God hates Fags bunch seem so off the mark when they show their butts ...[text shortened]... might be a bit strong but a strong dislike at least is what God has for the Gay side of life.
    The reverse is true for Doctor Scribbles, he hates God because of homosexuals.

Doctor Scribbles recently confided in me that he does not believe in God due to a severe childhood trauma. In fact, he often feels detached from reality completely, as if everything is a waking dream. The reality is that Doctor Scribbles does believe in God, but, he harbors an intense hatred for Him as a result of serious childhood trauma.

Apparently, at the age of 12, Doc Scribbles was savagely diddled by a priest. Repeated sexual assaults occured over a period of several years and, amid all his tears of shame and rage, God never came to help him. Despite all of his feverent prayers, the sweaty, unshaven priest, reeking of stale wine nervously stuffed his swollen member into Cribs's tiny black poop shoot again and again. Even when Cribs called out for Jesus, the only thing that came was the priest.

Obviously Cribs has been left with more than a traumatized buttocks, the emotional scarring has left him unable to have a relationship with God. This poor, bitter, sexually deviant, lost man wanders through life directionless and without hope. Please show your support and help me help Cribs find Jesus.
  10. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 13:512 edits

But seriously lets get this right. There are many versions of the bible. It was actualy changed many diffrent times for example, when the cathoic church put more emphasis on hell and satan. They changed many passages and ideas about him and then added some. Originaly the bible talked very little about him and this as you will probably never find a original copy of the bible from thousands of years ago.
    Eh?

So the big bad Church added the snake to the Garden of Eden, and before the Church did this, it was just a benevolent serpent hissing away and playing backgammon?

And then the Church changed the text to exclude the noofters, on top of all that? My goodness!!! 😲
  11. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 13:53
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    a) He's wrong b) he doesn't.
  12. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 13:55
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate

Doctor Scribbles recently confided in me that he does not believe in God due to a severe childhood trauma. In fact, he often feels detached from reality completely, as if everything is a waking dream. The reality is that Doctor Scribbles does believe in God, but, he ha ...[text shortened]... ife directionless and without hope. Please show your support and help me help Cribs find Jesus.
    Tastefully hilarious.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 14:17
    Originally posted by ASROMA
    Not quite.

In the Qu'raan God says that he will maintain the original message and ensure that it is unaltered.

By that we can infer that the heavenly and earthly are the same (assuming you take the Qu’raan as the word of God).
    The basic problem with any "no modifications" doctrine is that it is proovably false.
    If I take a copy of the Bible or Qu'raan, make a few changes and then take it and preach to some pacific island people who have no access to other books, will God stop me? Will the modifications magically retain thier origional meaning?
    It is an undisputable fact that translation can never capture the exact origional meaning and furthur more meanings within a language change with time and culture. A shockingly large number of people in my home country believe that the King James translation of the Bible (written by King James some say) is the only correct Bible.
    The usual fundamentalist christian way around this is to invoke the 'secret decoder ring' which allows every phrase in the Bible to retain its origional (and correct) meaning but with that origional meaning is only discenable to those lucky few who wear a special ring. In other words those english words the rest of us see in the Bible do not really have the same meaning as those found in other english texts.

To come back to your origional statement. Supose a text contains a sentence claiming that the whole text is both unaltered and true. Why do you assume that this particular sentence was not altered or is not false?
  14. Playing with matches
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 16:55
    Originally posted by sjeg
    Tastefully hilarious.
    I was going for 'Obnoxiously Irreverent' and/or 'Devoid of Good Taste'.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 21:25
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate

Doctor Scribbles recently confided in me that he does not believe in God due to a severe childhood trauma. In fact, he often feels detached from reality completely, as if everything is a waking dream. The reality is that Doctor Scribbles does believe in God, but, he ha ...[text shortened]... ife directionless and without hope. Please show your support and help me help Cribs find Jesus.
    You obviously plagarized this from an old copy of Reader's Digest's "Life in These United States." Shame on you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree