1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 22:15
    Old Fred Phelps tell's it like the Pope feels it. He actually believes the same as Billy Gramm. All Fundamentalist Christians think God frowns on Homosexuals, but they pussy foot it and try to paint a picture of Love instead of narrow sight. It's a bad sin according to the faith. So when The God hates Fags bunch seem so off the mark when they show their butts like a bunch of dummies they
    really are saying what all Christians are told to be true. The word hate might be a bit strong but a strong dislike at least is what God has for the Gay side of life.
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 22:291 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    Old Fred Phelps tell's it like the Pope feels it. He actually believes the same as Billy Gramm. All Fundamentalist Christians think God frowns on Homosexuals, but they pussy foot it and try to paint a picture of Love instead of narrow sight. It's a bad sin according to the faith. So when The God hates Fags bunch seem so off the mark when they show their butts ...[text shortened]... might be a bit strong but a strong dislike at least is what God has for the Gay side of life.
    There is no one just, not one, there is no one who understands, there
    is no one who seeks God. All have gone astray; all alike are
    worthless; there is not one who does good, even one. Romans 10b-12.

If you hold that all sin is abhorant in the eyes of God, then why do
    you or any 'church' weigh this particular sin so heavily? You write 'It's
    a bad sin according to the faith.' What sin isn't bad?

If you are referring to Levitical Code (i.e., abomination, or toebah)
    well, so is marrying a divorced woman (Deuteronomy 24:4). Given
    that this happens with far more regularity the homosexual relations
    (because there are far more divorced women remarrying than homosexual
    relationships), why do you suppose that this 'abomination' isn't picketed?
    Why isn't there a group called 'God Hate Men Who Marry Divorced Women?'
    Why aren't they picketting at weddings, too?

Nemesio
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 22:46
    Old Fred Phelps tell's it like the Pope feels it. He actually believes the same as Billy Gramm. All Fundamentalist Christians think God frowns on Homosexuals, but they pussy foot it and try to paint a picture of Love instead of narrow sight. It's a bad sin according to the faith. So when The God hates Fags bunch seem so off the mark when they show their butts ...[text shortened]... might be a bit strong but a strong dislike at least is what God has for the Gay side of life.
    To add to what Nemesio said, there is a long list of 'wrongs' that are condemned in the Bible some of which I am sure you are guilty of.

Have you ever been rude to parents, illtreated your kids, eaten more food than you should, drank too much alcohol, cheated on your taxes, ignored a poor hungry man on the street ?

The last one in particular attracts the most serious penalty.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 23:29
    Bucky,

You don't know with what spirit you speak.

Your tone is like James and John who urged Jesus to reign fire down from heaven on the towns that would not receive their gospel message.

Jesus scolded them and said they did not know with what spirit they spoke.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 00:30
    This thread should be renamed "God hates just about everyone".
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 07:59
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    This thread should be renamed "God hates just about everyone".
    Including itself.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 08:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 09:54
    So, is God capable of emotion then, if he has a "strong dislike" for homosexuals?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 16:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    01 Aug '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 21:38
    could you please direct me to the passage that says GOD hates fags? I would like to read that part. I don't believe that GOD hates anyone what he hates is the SIN not the person. The sin obviously comes from SATAN not us but the decision to act upon that sin is our own mistakes. So I ask a special prayer on this discussion that would help some of you who are wavering to find comfort and belief that GOD loves everyone and wants the best for us including the strength and ability to stray from sin not act upon it!
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 22:27
    Originally posted by cnrmad
    could you please direct me to the passage that says GOD hates fags? I would like to read that part. I don't believe that GOD hates anyone what he hates is the SIN not the person. The sin obviously comes from SATAN not us but the decision to act upon that sin is our own mistakes. So I ask a special prayer on this discussion that would help some of you who ...[text shortened]... and wants the best for us including the strength and ability to stray from sin not act upon it!
    Why did this God destroy a city full of fags. Because he likes them ?
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 22:42
    Originally posted by cnrmad
    So I ask a special prayer on this discussion that would help some of you who are wavering to find comfort and belief that GOD loves everyone and wants the best for us including the strength and ability to stray from sin not act upon it!
    i bet you will pray by your self.
  13. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 00:33
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    Ha! I've read some of those old testament laws.

One them goes something along the lines of if you rape a women, then she has to become your wife. So yeah, if you fall in love with someone, then forget the courting. Just go out and rape her and God will bless you with the wife you want! What a load of BS.

The point is a lot of those Old Testament laws we ...[text shortened]... ay people is my thoughts, but I don't have any answers, just like many things in my own life..
    that's a muslim law about raping women my (not)friend
  14. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 00:37
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Why did this God destroy a city full of fags. Because he likes them ?
    he told them to stop it but they didn't.
  15. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 01:011 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    There is no one just, not one, there is no one who understands, there
    is no one who seeks God. All have gone astray; all alike are
    worthless; there is not one who does good, even one. Romans 10b-12.

If you hold that all sin is abhorant in the eyes of God, then why do
    you or any 'church' weigh this particular sin so heavily? You write 'It's
    a bad o Marry Divorced Women?'
    Why aren't they picketting at weddings, too?

Nemesio
    Hmm... interesting post, Nemesio.

I'm pretty tired and a bit tipsy, so bear with me.

On sins, I'd say what happened to venal and mortal etc.? I think there are grades of sin.

Puerile, but this is the way I see it: permit this analogy. It's like lies. There are white lies, medium lies, and black lies.

However, if someone tells a few porkie pies, and then repents, that should be ok. If someone says I was born a liar, it's not my fault, and actually I quite enjoy lying anyway, so deal with it world... then that shouldn't be ok.

So if you class homosexuality as a sin, then living that lifestyle is a choice to continue sinning, is it not?

(I'm devil's advocate here, by the by).

But that's a good question on divorcées... No man should come between a man and his wife, certainly, as that's Gospel. But if a woman divorces on other grounds, then dating her for me would be a goer (divorcées tend to be well up-for-it, in my experience- I met a 25y.o. one this summer... Modesty was not the order of the day for her... but she WAS from the Flanders. I digress.)

But personally, I believe in the sanctity of marriage, so that's something to be done once anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree