1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 12:302 edits
    KellyJay wrote this:

"...a good God will forever hate the wicked, the evil, sinners, and will not accept them as these all fall short."

Thread 179544 page 1, post 9, paragraph 1

I completely disagree with this statement by KellyJay and incidentally so does dj2becker. But KellyJay is refusing to discuss it with me and dj2becker is refusing to discuss it with KellyJay. Anyway, leaving the childish unprincipled behavior behind for a moment...does God hate sinners?

Surely this is not what Jesus said when he so loved the world, when he died for us while we were still sinners, when he dined with the tax collectors and prostitutes...?

Or is it just another of KellyJay's attempts to basically say "God loves me because I'm saved, but he hates you because you are not"

Personally I think it's the latter but your thoughts and opinions are welcome.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 12:491 edit
    @divegeester said
    KellyJay wrote this:

"...a good God will forever hate the wicked, the evil, sinners, and will not accept them as these all fall short."

I completely disagree with this statement by KellyJay and incidentally so does dj2becker. But KellyJay is refusing to discuss it with me and dj2becker is refusing to ...[text shortened]... e you are not"[/i]

The goal of the God of the Bible is to destroy sin.

In the OT, God's people were ordered to destroy the sinner to destroy the sin.

In the NT through the blood of Christ many sinners were able to destroy the sin in their lives, instead of destroying the sinner.

Therefore, to say in the OT that God hates the sinner is partially true. IF he truly hated the sinner, then Christ would have never come, but at that time they still needed to destroy the sinner to help stop the spread of sins within the community that would ultimately have destroyed them all.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 13:06
    @divegeester said
    KellyJay wrote this:

I completely disagree with this statement by KellyJay and incidentally so does dj2becker. But KellyJay is refusing to discuss it with me and dj2becker is refusing to ...[text shortened]... e you are not"[/i]

Psalm 11:2
    For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.

Verse 5
    The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth

Psalm 5:5,6
    The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
    Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Context context context.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 19:011 edit
    @secondson said
    Psalm 11:2
    For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.

Verse 5
    The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth

Psalm 5:5,6
    The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
    Thou shalt destroy them that sp ...[text shortened]... whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Context context context.
    At what point does Jesus go from hating a sinner to loving them so much that he died for them?

“For while we were still sinners Christ died for us”

KellyJay uses scripture as a spite weapon against his detractors just like you do, just like Josephw did, just like GrampyBobby did and just like sonship does.

It is a nasty mean-spirited behaviour which disgusts me, so I go after it.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 19:03
    @whodey said
    IF he truly hated the sinner, then Christ would have never come, but at that time they still needed to destroy the sinner to help stop the spread of sins within the community that would ultimately have destroyed them all.
    Thank you for noting the issue.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 21:18
    @whodey said
    In the NT through the blood of Christ many sinners were able to destroy the sin in their lives, instead of destroying the sinner.
    OSAS Christians declare themselves "forgiven" for their "sins", "born again", and irreversibly "saved" and headed for the reward of everlasting life ~ even if they "sin". There are Christians - like KellyJay - declaring that they are every bit as "wicked and evil" as I am, and they admit that they continue to "sin", and yet they declare they are "saved" regardless. How can this possibly be characterized as them being "able to destroy the sin in their lives"?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 23:531 edit
    @FMF

OSAS Christians declare themselves "forgiven" for their "sins", "born again", and irreversibly "saved" and headed for the reward of everlasting life ~ even if they "sin". There are Christians - like KellyJay - declaring that they are every bit as "wicked and evil" as I am, and they admit that they continue to "sin", and yet they declare they are "saved" regardless. How can this possibly be characterized as them being "able to destroy the sin in their lives"?

You have a problem with very, very low self esteem, I think.
    I wonder how much of your negative reaction to the Christian gospel is fueled by low self esteem fighting desperately.

Like " I'm so perfect, you see? I cannot afford any hint of being wrong in anything in any way. Regardless of how much even God loves me or can heal me."

I mean your self esteem is so precariously low that you cannot afford any criticism.
    The tiniest bit of suggestion of you not being just already perfect invokes a wild reaction like a man drowning and fighting for air.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 00:08
    @divegeester said
    At what point does Jesus go from hating a sinner to loving them so much that he died for them?

“For while we were still sinners Christ died for us”

KellyJay uses scripture as a spite weapon against his detractors just like you do, just like Josephw did, just like GrampyBobby did and just like sonship does.

It is a nasty mean-spirited behaviour which disgusts me, so I go after it.
    As usual nothing to say about what the Bible says.

Only troll bile.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 01:08
    @whodey said
    The goal of the God of the Bible is to destroy sin.

In the OT, God's people were ordered to destroy the sinner to destroy the sin.

Therefore, to say in the OT that God hates the sinner is partially true. IF he truly hated the sinner, then ...[text shortened]... to help stop the spread of sins within the community that would ultimately have destroyed them all.
    God is good, so He reached out to the human race sending His Son for us. Like the
    time He saved the people from the serpents those that looked to God's solution
    didn't die, those that didn't did. Jesus is here to save us, but those that don't accept
    Him are condemned already.

If this is the way God chose to save us, why complain? Those who find fault in
    God's solution what would they have God do, ignore sin, give grace to those that
    reject God's salvation wanting nothing to do with God? Would they want God
    to force them into salvation even if they don't want anything to do with it? Would
    they have a holy, just, good God to just overlook sin and cease to be holy, just,
    and good? Are any here so arrogant they think are so important they can tell or
    demand God should yield to what they think? Satan fell for such pride and arrogance.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 01:16
    @sonship said
    I wonder how much of your negative reaction to the Christian gospel is fueled by low self esteem fighting desperately.
    I don't have a problem with self-esteem. The specific reasons for my reactions to what Christians at RHP claim are in my posts.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 01:21
    @sonship said
    I mean your self esteem is so precariously low that you cannot afford any criticism.
    The tiniest bit of suggestion of you not being just already perfect invokes a wild reaction like a man drowning and fighting for air.
    These personal remarks are mere deflection and have no effect on my self-esteem, sonship. You are dodging the content of the post that you are 'replying' to. It was about the ideology you espouse and not whether or not I am "perfect" or "wild" or "drowning" or "fighting for air" etc.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 02:32
    @divegeester said

Anyway, leaving the childish unprincipled behavior behind for a moment...does God hate sinners?
    Aren't we all sinners?
    Does god hate us all?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 06:061 edit
    @fmf said
    These personal remarks are mere deflection and have no effect on my self-esteem, sonship. You are dodging the content of the post that you are 'replying' to. It was about the ideology you espouse and not whether or not I am "perfect" or "wild" or "drowning" or "fighting for air" etc.
    We understand.
    But these are not personal remarks about anyone ?

There are Christians - like KellyJay - declaring that they are every bit as "wicked and evil" as I am, and they admit that they continue to "sin", and yet they declare they are "saved" regardless. How can this possibly be characterized as them being "able to destroy the sin in their lives"?

Ie. "Let me dish it out. But don't anyone dish it out to me, FMF."
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 06:46
    @sonship said
    We understand.
    But these are not personal remarks about anyone ?

There are Christians - like KellyJay - declaring that they are every bit as "wicked and evil" as I am, and they admit that they continue to "sin", and yet they declare they are "saved" regardless. How can this possibly be characterized as them being "able to destroy the sin in their lives"?

Ie. "Let me dish it out. But don't anyone dish it out to me, FMF."
    Your personal remarks do no address my remarks about the ideology under scrutiny. I am not trying to "dish" anything out. It is you who is trying to do that. You've now posted 2-3 times in 'reply' to my observations and you are still dodging what I said.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 07:07
    @sonship said
    @FMF
    I mean your self esteem is so precariously low that you cannot afford any criticism. The tiniest bit of suggestion of you not being just already perfect invokes a wild reaction like a man drowning and fighting for air.
    What on Earth are you on about?
    “A wild reaction like a man drowning and fighting for air”
    You are making this up sonship.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree