1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    13 Jun '09 15:41
    I remember back years ago the saying "God is everything" seemed like some hippie mumbo jumbo, but now it's starting to make sense. I think that just might be the reality behind the mystery. Don't ask me why I think this because I can't back it up with facts, but I think it's a good hunch. God himself is the stuff of the universe. Could God be Dark Matter ? The glue of the universe.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '09 22:43
    Originally posted by buckky
    I remember back years ago the saying "God is everything" seemed like some hippie mumbo jumbo, but now it's starting to make sense. I think that just might be the reality behind the mystery. Don't ask me why I think this because I can't back it up with facts, but I think it's a good hunch. God himself is the stuff of the universe. Could God be Dark Matter ? The glue of the universe.
    so your saying God is everything we know And the stuff we dont?
    (does God make evil gods?)
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '09 00:18
    Word of advice, when hippie mumbo jumbo starts to make sense lay off the weed man!! 😛
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '09 01:21
    That is called Pantheism. I share that perspective.
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    14 Jun '09 17:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    Word of advice, when hippie mumbo jumbo starts to make sense lay off the weed man!! 😛
    once when I was high, I thought about getting rid of the smoke by putting it under my carpet, that sounded great at the time.
  6. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    14 Jun '09 18:00
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    once when I was high, I thought about getting rid of the smoke by putting it under my carpet, that sounded great at the time.
    Once after doing some acid I knew I had found the way to become a millionaire. The problems was I could only remember it had something to do with tricycles, and could not follow through with the money making revelation.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '09 18:06
    If you by god mean the christian god, I don't agree. "God is evil!" (?)
    If you by god mean any god, then you have to exemplify.
  8. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    14 Jun '09 21:11
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If you by god mean the christian god, I don't agree. "God is evil!" (?)
    If you by god mean any god, then you have to exemplify.
    I mean the God called "existence".
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 13:151 edit
    Once after doing some acid I knew I had found the way to become a millionaire. The problems was I could only remember it had something to do with tricycles, and could not follow through with the money making revelation.
    Once ,when i was swimming across a river on acid at night i concluded that the weeds touching my feet were crocodiles and i freaked out and swam back to shore.
    They could've been crocodiles but either way,(in hindsight) i think i just should,ve kept going to the other side
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 16:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Once ,when i was swimming across a river on acid at night i concluded that the weeds touching my feet were crocodiles and i freaked out and swam back to shore.
    They could've been crocodiles but either way,(in hindsight) i think i just should,ve kept going to the other side
    yeah, acid trips are always better.

however, they're usually too scary.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 16:541 edit
    Who calls him "existence"?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 00:50
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    yeah, acid trips are always better.

however, they're usually too scary.
    the fear is 'amplified' when in a 'higher' state.
    I have had some success at dispelling fear and prolonging the 'higher states experience'. Trying to get beyond some basic fears like death, loss of limbs,insects crawling over your body,s*** like that.
    You just tell yourself that you are not this physical body and stuff like that.
    Reminds me of a book title-"Feel the fear and do it anyway"
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 16:252 edits
    “The Holy One manifests in myriad forms; I sing the glory of the forms.”

—Kabir

If one takes a kind of gestaltic view of non-dualism, wherein figure/form and ground form a whole gestalt, then God (or Brahman, or Tao, etc.—depending on one’s particular view) is seen as the ground of being from which, in which and of which all manifestations (figures/forms) are generated. (Protestant theologian Paul Tillich had a “pre-trinitarian” formula: ground-of-being, power-of-of being, and form-of-being [his term was “being-itself”, i.e., existentiated being]; the non-dualist Kashmiri Shaivites have a similar formulation).

We never actually perceive the ground, we only perceive the figure/forms (whether individually: the tree; or grouped: the forest). But we can only perceive any figures/forms because there is some ground against which to perceive them (I would suggest that the same is true with regard to thought-conceptualization as well). The ground is only intimated—but the figures/forms and the ground are ultimately inseparable, being necessary aspects of the whole gestalt.

The Sufi Ibn Arabi, in order to distinguish between “God” as the generative ground and “God” as encompassing the whole gestalt, applied the name Allah to the former, and the name al-Wahid (“the One” ) to the latter; both are Quranic names of God. [I doubt that I’m doing justice to Ibn Arabi with this simplification, however.]

The “One” refers, in non-dualistic thought, to the Whole, the all-in-all-without-another—the gestalt. Different religious philosophies assign different attributes to this One.

What any non-dualist system rejects is supernaturalist-dualist theism: i.e., that God is a being wholly separate from the cosmos. (Using the word “supernatural” here to mean extra-natural or non-natural.)

This kind of “gestaltic” non-dualism is neither, it seems to me, a simple “sum of parts” pantheism (which by its very terms retains a trace of dualism: separable parts to sum), nor a reductionist monism in which the figure/forms are not “really real” but delusions. That is why I (following such as the third Zen patriarch Seng Tsan and others) prefer the term non-dualism to either monism or pantheism. I am a non-dualist.

Such non-dualism is found across religious philosophies, e.g., in Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta, Kashmiri Shaivism, Sufism (in Islam), Kabbalah (in Judaism) and people like Meister Eckhart in Christianity (although supernaturalist-dualists would reject those streams of the otherwise mono-theistic religions). I am not wholly aligned with any of them, though I sometimes might call myself a Zennist, simply because I think that Zen represents the sparest expression, which I often need to return to; but I wander through all of them.
  14. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 18:29
    What does that mean?
    You mean you think "existence" is a “conscious thing“? -I don’t see how that makes sense.
  15. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 20:40
    1. God cannot make other gods.
    2. God is everywhere, not God makes all our decisions for us.
    3. No foul Language please.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree