1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 03:49
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    What's with all the foot-washing?
    Like ya, come on over to dinner, the slave girl will wash your feet, we'll play darts, shoot the breeze and get drunk and talk about God.
    The nice thing about God is we'll never exhaust stuff to talk about, we could live till we are 1200 and still yak.
    I'm on my way! But I'll, uh, wash my feet before coming over, just so they don't stink for the slave girl...
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 06:41
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    What makes you so sure there is a god at all?
    I haven’t found him yet, so I can’t say. I think it’s a mistake to stop searching though.
  3. Colorado
    Moves
    19 Dec '05 07:321 edit
    Originally posted by stocken
    The best way to change the world is to change yourself. Absolutely. I agree.

Now, let's see. Instead of fantasizing about what's gonna happen in 40-50 years or so; find comfort in what could turn out to be bed-time stories, why don't you change a little of yourself to a more positive attitude than: "I can't see myself having a major impact on thi ...[text shortened]... t feeling good about themselves is those who can't accept that they're no better than anyone else.
    Now, let's see. Instead of fantasizing about what's gonna happen in 40-50 years or so; find comfort in what could turn out to be bed-time stories, why don't you change a little of yourself to a more positive attitude than: "I can't see myself having a major impact on this world" 😞 , to "yeah, I'm good. I'm strong. I'm mighty. And I'm gonna help those who suffer in my vicinity to be equally good, strong and mighty." 😏

Hmmm, well, if the world made this change, then the world would be a much better place, so according to my own rhetoric I guess I should consider it.

It's a team-work, see? The only people who doesn't like it when others start feeling good about themselves is those who can't accept that they're no better than anyone else.

I’ve found this to be very true. Thanks for the good, strong and mighty advice! 😀
  4. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    19 Dec '05 14:05
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    If you are willing to believe that God created Jesus through Marry, then you are willing to believe that God creates all babies. This is why it is silly to say that God committed adultery.

I apologize for the crack I made. Sometimes my sense of humor gets the better of me. There are many places in the scripture that speak of God being inside a ...[text shortened]... agree that the devil is in there, so it’s not too hard to believe that God is in there as well.
    CE -
    I am not willing to believe that God did anything through Mary, since I do not belive in God. As an Atheist, is it necessary for me to preface each of my posted where I speak of something in the bible or the Christian faith with "According to the biblical scripture" or "As per the Christian faith?"
    I was giving people here the benefit of the doubt that when someone who does not believe speaks of something within the Christian faith, that they mean "According to Christianity...."

Should I not give the benefit of the doubt?
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Dec '05 14:59
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Well, [in the interests of keeping it exciting] screw you Freak-boy! God is crap. All this killing and not existing, screw him too!!! 🙂
    Ah, violence, that great debate spark. Thank ye.
  6. Colorado
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 01:33
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    CE -
    I am not willing to believe that God did anything through Mary, since I do not belive in God. As an Atheist, is it necessary for me to preface each of my posted where I speak of something in the bible or the Christian faith with "According to the biblical scripture" or "As per the Christian faith?"
    I was giving people here the benefit of the d ...[text shortened]... that they mean "According to Christianity...."

Should I not give the benefit of the doubt?
    I don’t think it matters much. Your post didn’t fool me in that way. Most Christians don’t accuse the Lord of adultery, so your position was fairly clear.

What does matter is the validity of your point. An Atheist believes that there is no point to what you posted, and a Christian dismisses it as silly for the reasons that I gave in my previous post.

Anyway, “Happy Holidays.” 😉
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 01:49
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    My pleasure... wait... no, it isn't!!!! Arrrrrrggggghhhhh,..... screw you 😉
  8. Colorado
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 01:553 edits
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Well, [in the interests of keeping it exciting] screw you Freak-boy!

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [/b]I can tell that the both of you have been too heavily influenced by the media. 😞
  9. Colorado
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 05:26
    Originally posted by Bromage
    thanks for that. you never know when you might need half a page of useless and random bible passages
    They're useless if you want them to be.
  10. Colorado
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 05:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    This is an almost meaningless statement. The very definition of the word God implies greatness. If he was not great he could hardly even be called a god and cirtainly could not be the only God.
    Yes, but it helps to know all the ways in which God is great.
  11. Colorado
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 05:47
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]Kidding aside, it is God's responsibility to make the message clear and attainable for ANYone who desires an understanding.

And that’s where we’re at impasse. I think it is our responsibility—if we choose to engage these texts—to interpret them for ourselves as best we can, and to always be willing to revisit and question our own interpret ...[text shortened]... head, and defined the impasse more clearly than I think I have yet seen. For that, I thank you.[/b]
    I agree with this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree