1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 06:37
    Originally posted by vistesd
    There has been more than one thread recently on the question of the “justness” of eternal torment (or any eternal unpleasant consequence) for either behavior (sins) or thinking (beliefs) during this finite lifetime.

Now, to conclude that something or someone is “just”, one has to be able to define in practical terms what “just” behavior entails. If I say ...[text shortened]... __________

This question is not just for Christians, but for anybody who wants to venture in.
    I think God's justice requires we have some knowlege of it or it is
    meaningless to us.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 06:47
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

He is described in different part of the bible different qualities of his character. He is revengeful, jalous, loving, caring, missmurdering, bloodthirsty, caring, non-caring, etc etc. If a human being is described in every way god is described he would be catagorized as whimsy, schitzo, or even psycotic. That is what I meant with this passage.
    Only a Swede could write that 😉
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 07:31
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Only a Swede could write that 😉
    What signifies a Swede to write this? But right you are, this cannot have been written by an American, if he hasn't have a drop of Swedish blood in him.. 🙂
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 07:39
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What signifies a Swede to write this? But right you are, this cannot have been written by an American, if he hasn't have a drop of Swedish blood in him.. 🙂
    Your stereotypical Swede has no personality so condemns any person who exhibits emotional extremes as psychologically aberrant.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 08:15
    Your stereotypical Swede has no personality so condemns any person who exhibits emotional extremes as psychologically aberrant.
    Someone you know happens to be stereotypic *and* from Sweden. And then you know, by sure, that all people coming from Sweden is stereotypic? Or perhaps all stereotypics come from Sweden?

Question: Are you from Sweden? 🙂

Aren't we off topic now?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 10:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    No doubt, it is a better route than the old one in the OT.
    Thats an interesting comment. Isn't that an admission that God got it wrong in OT times?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 11:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Thats an interesting comment. Isn't that an admission that God got it wrong in OT times?
    even god knows that he is wrong sometimes. He excused himself for his action in the flood incident. The rainbow is the proof of that. (Gen 9:11)
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 12:28
    Originally posted by vistesd
    There has been more than one thread recently on the question of the “justness” of eternal torment (or any eternal unpleasant consequence) for either behavior (sins) or thinking (beliefs) during this finite lifetime.

Now, to conclude that something or someone is “just”, one has to be able to define in practical terms what “just” behavior entails. If I say ...[text shortened]... __________

This question is not just for Christians, but for anybody who wants to venture in.
    It seems to me my dear vistesd that "God's justness" is just another footprint of the struggle of the Human to get a grip from somewhere in order to validate her/ his personal beliefs; however there 's nothing really able to offer to the Human such a grip: once again theology tries to make some "philosophy" out of a delusional glance😵
  9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 12:32
    Originally posted by black beetle
    It seems to me my dear vistesd that "God's justness" is just another footprint of the struggle of the Human to get a grip from somewhere in order to validate her/ his personal beliefs; however there 's nothing really able to offer to the Human such a grip: once again theology tries to make some "philosophy" out of a delusional glance😵
    But if you trace 'justice' back to '(im)balance' things actually start making sense. The wagon only starts getting top-heavy once you put a personal god on top and call it a chariot.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 13:00
    Do you think validation is important? Whose would be more so ours
    or God's? If righteousness were a plumb line, don't you think God's
    views of it would be less hazy than ours with respect to what is just
    and fair, wouldn’t God also have by right of creation the say in what
    is and isn’t right?
    Kelly
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 13:03
    But if you trace 'justice' back to '(im)balance' things actually start making sense. The wagon only starts getting top-heavy once you put a personal god on top and call it a chariot.
    Well in such a case "balance" has nothing to do with morality whilst justice has, and this is a contradiction in relation with the nature of justice as our theist friends they pose it I reckon;
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 13:13
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do you think validation is important? Whose would be more so ours
    or God's? If righteousness were a plumb line, don't you think God's
    views of it would be less hazy than ours with respect to what is just
    and fair, wouldn’t God also have by right of creation the say in what
    is and isn’t right?
    Kelly
    I think that validation is important, but the means to do such a validation are solely our mind/ intuition and our knowledge/ scientific facts and evidence/ philosophy. That by-product of ignorance (theology) cannot help us validate nuffin. And on the other hand ye know that I do not believe to the existence of the entity that ye describe as "god", KellyJay, so yer question ain't mean a thing to me😵
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 13:451 edit
    ===============================
    Does the bible knows god? No, I wouldn't say so. God is depicted differently in various parts of the bible, god is not one and the same from page one to the last page. So the bible doesn't give us any clue of the true nature of god. Unless god is wimsy, schitzo, and psycotic. So we cannot know god better by reading the bible, sorry, but that's the way it is.
    ==============================

That is silly.

So if someone discribes you as a chessplayer and someone else discribes you perhaps as a student, or employee, etc. then both cannot be true?

I should say "Wait. What is this schitzo? He's a chess player. That is all that I can handle. Please don't tell me he's something else."

Now let's see. Why shouldn't I expect the same Creator who created a turtle, a lion, a dove, a whale, a eagle, a gerbil, a water buffalo, a mouse, an elephant, a man (at that different kinds of personalities of men), to be Himself diverse in makeup?

Eternal life should not only mean endless life. It should mean life beyond limitation, all-inclusive, extensive.

That the revelation of God in the Bible is progressive and unfolds different aspects of this one Divine Person should not bother you.

That is unless you're turned off because you want to be turned off.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 14:21
    I think that validation is important, but the means to do such a validation are solely our mind/ intuition and our knowledge/ scientific facts and evidence/ philosophy. That by-product of ignorance (theology) cannot help us validate nuffin. And on the other hand ye know that I do not believe to the existence of the entity that ye describe as "god", KellyJay, so yer question ain't mean a thing to me😵
    Actually I believe God is valided daily with respect to how He setup the
    universe and how He asks/tells us to act. When we don't, we see what
    it is that occurs over and over and in the end I do believe God will be
    validated throughout the course of time in our world and the spiritual
    one as well.
    Kelly
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 16:19
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Actually I believe God is valided daily with respect to how He setup the
    universe and how He asks/tells us to act. When we don't, we see what
    it is that occurs over and over and in the end I do believe God will be
    validated throughout the course of time in our world and the spiritual
    one as well.
    Kelly
    You mean that evolution is a proof of the existance of god?
    Hmmm, well thought!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree