1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 22:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]God knows...

God knows precisely what He's doing and, therefore, naturally thinks and speaks in direct terms... 'yes' and 'no', not maybe or 'we'll see' or any other indecisive form of lukewarm.

Your view?

-gb[/b]
    It's true. To God a thing is either good or evil. Black or white.

But to those who would argue against that truth everything is in a gray area, subject to individual interpretation. And I'm not talking about personal tastes such as what is one's favorite color. It really boils down to behaviour. Does one recognise moral truth and the rule of law, or are they a law unto themselves?
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 23:26
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Not quite... just a few magnificent language of accomodation passages expressing dissapointment that because of God's omniscience was foreknown.
    I can buy the argument that disappointment or regret can be known in advance. Sometimes when I play Poker, I know in advance that I'm going to regret calling a hand, yet I do it anyway. 😛

However, the argument breaks down with the Sodom quote. An omniscient being would know exactly how bad the evil of the Sodomites was. He would not have to 'go down' to find out. This is an easy concept for humans to understand - no 'language of accommodation' is required. Just take out Gen 18 verse 21 and the passage makes sense.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 23:32
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    On the 'WTF Factor Chart'®, that post would score somewhere near full marks.
    Well excuse me for living....
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 23:34
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You would have thought an omniscient God would have that worked out already.
    The more you speak is the less of what you know of the big picture slips out.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 08:40
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The more you speak is the less of what you know of the big picture slips out.
    That's not even legible.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 14:58
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I can buy the argument that disappointment or regret can be known in advance. Sometimes when I play Poker, I know in advance that I'm going to regret calling a hand, yet I do it anyway. 😛

However, the argument breaks down with the Sodom quote. An omniscient being would know exactly how bad the evil of the Sodomites was. He would not have to 'go down' ...[text shortened]... e of accommodation' is required. Just take out Gen 18 verse 21 and the passage makes sense.
    You accurately depict human viewpoint. God, however, would never tamper with nor coerce free will. As a gentleman
    He extends choices, all the while knowing which way human beind (individually and collectively) will jump.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree