1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 19:01
    God knows...

God knows precisely what He's doing and, therefore, naturally thinks and speaks in direct terms... 'yes' and 'no', not maybe or 'we'll see' or any other indecisive form of lukewarm.

Your view?

-gb
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 19:04
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]God knows...

God knows precisely what He's doing and, therefore, naturally thinks and speaks in direct terms... 'yes' and 'no', not maybe or 'we'll see' or any other indecisive form of lukewarm.

Your view?

-gb[/b]
    hmmm, he speaks as a father does to his children, with consistency and their best interests at heart.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 19:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hmmm, he speaks as a father does to his children, with consistency and their best interests at heart.
    Condemning people to death by stoning is having 'their best interests at heart'?! That's a new one on me.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 19:16
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Condemning people to death by stoning is having 'their best interests at heart'?! That's a new one on me.
    well dont commit adultery and you'll be ok! 🙂
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 19:301 edit
    I think he must mean "having the best interest of the community in heart"
    unless he believes that the evil sinners will be better off having committed less
    sins to be judged for in the final judgment by our God.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 20:511 edit
    Maybe he had the best interest of the purity and cleanlyness of the rest of the honest and good people around his nation he wanted to protect and keep free from sexualy transmitted diseases, unwanted pregnancies, broken marriages? Is that beyound your concept?
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 21:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I fail to see how drowning anyone en masse is either consistent (consistent with what?) or in the victim's best interests.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 21:44
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I fail to see how drowning anyone en masse is either consistent (consistent with what?) or in the victim's best interests.
    This is a variation of those circular arguments that theists are so fond of i.e 'Whatever god does is perfect by virtue of the fact god does it' He could sexually molest kittens and his followers would not only say the kittens deserved it but would probably molest kittens on 'kitten molestation Thursday'.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 21:50
    Originally posted by kevcvs57

]This is a variation of those circular arguments that theists are so fond of i.e 'tever god does is perfect by virtue of the fact god does it'could sexually molest kittens and his followers would not only say the kittens deserved it but would probably molest kittens on 'kitten molestation Thursday'.
    'Whatever god does is perfect by virtue of the fact God Himself is perfect'.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 21:52
    Originally posted by rwingett
    consistent with Gods justice, after all, he reasoned with Abraham that if one faithful
    person was found in Sodom, he would spare the entire city, clearly then the world which
    was destroyed was irredeemable.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 21:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    'Whatever god does is perfect by virtue of the fact God Himself is perfect'.
    Yeah that's it, perfect example of a circular argument.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 22:16
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Yeah that's it, perfect example of a circular argument.
    You can't beat perfect, so you might as well give up. HalleluYah!!! 😏
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 22:29
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Maybe he had the best interest of the purity and cleanlyness of the rest of the honest and good people around his nation he wanted to protect and keep free from sexualy transmitted diseases, unwanted pregnancies, broken marriages? Is that beyound your concept?
    Have you ever watched a video of someone being stoned to death? I can post you a link if you want, watch it, and then tell me how what you watched is having the persons best interests at heart.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 22:501 edit
    Have you ever watched a video of someone being stoned to death? I can post you a link if you want, watch it, and then tell me how what you watched is having the persons best interests at heart.
    I believe Moses was thinking of the best interest of the community, not the one
    being stoned. He made stoning laws in an attempt to discourage and prevent
    evil.

P.S. It is similiar to the death penalty today. We just have different methods.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 22:561 edit
    Another slick thread chaps.

Pls dont post that in the public forum Proper Knob.

And every one else that claims to know what god said-

Is this just what he said through the bible or is "he" still speaking today?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree