1. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 18:35
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I think you touched on the key word there, 'faith.'

It is faith that has a Christian put their trust in God, even in areas that are confusing and beyond their comprehension. Man is finite, God infinite. Can the finite really blame the infinite for things it doesn't understand or is unable to compute? Or does the finite put its trust in the infinite and believe things happen for a good reason?
    God has done a terrible job in letting Himself known. You know that Ghost.

No longer will I accept the fact that man's free will supercedes God's will. If so, God is guilty of neglect.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 18:40
    Originally posted by chaney3

No longer will I accept the fact that man's free will supercedes God's will. If so, God is guilty of neglect.
    Are you in a position do you think to judge God? (Serious question).
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 18:41
    Are you in a position do you think to judge God? (Serious question).
    Yes. God is guilty of all charges.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 18:521 edit
    Yes. God is guilty of all charges.
    So this isn't really a trial, just a means for you to convict God by just making up a charge
    and not backing it up with anything then pronouncing God guilty.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 19:01
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    So this isn't really a trial, just a means for you to convict God by just making up a charge
    and not backing it up with anything then pronouncing God guilty.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    God is guilty.
    He dangles 'free will' in front of us. Who can conform?

Free will is a joke.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 19:07
    God is guilty.
    He dangles 'free will' in front of us. Who can conform?

Free will is a joke.
    Really, are you free to choose what you will?
    Does the universe stay together or does God hold it together by the power of His Word?
    Does God not call us all out into His Kingdom where we can be free from the devil and
    his kingdom?
    Does not God not work all things together for the good to those that love Him and are
    called according to His purpose?

This is after all God's Kindom, who are you?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 02:23
    There is a play on YouTube called " God on Trial ". It is about Jewish prisoners of war in a Nazi concentration camp who actually stage a trial for God.

In my opinion it was a pretty good play.

YouTube
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 03:231 edit
    Not sure where this thread may go, but it seems some Christians, Catholics, or anyone of faith is NEVER willing to concede that God is either completely absent, or His desires cannot ever be known, but in all cases will never put blame to God.

Well, I do. I blame God, and He is now on trial.
    Feel free to put Hillary Clinton on trial next.

It must be fun having a rich fantasy life.
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 03:513 edits

God has done a terrible job in letting Himself known.

Seems like he did a good job making Himself known to you. If you are complaining that he hasn't made himself known to other people, the question is how do you know that for sure?
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 09:54
    If God is all-powerful creator, and if any souls suffer eternal damnation, then God is guilty of felony abuse. If any such damnation is due to the belief system of the victim then the charge is aggravated and the penalty should be enhanced.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 10:493 edits
    Originally posted by apathist
    If God is all-powerful creator, and if any souls suffer eternal damnation, then God is guilty of felony abuse. If any such damnation is due to the belief system of the victim then the charge is aggravated and the penalty should be enhanced.
    1.) What is the Authority above God by which this charge is made and punishment is enforced and executed upon God ?

2.) if at any time in the future creatures decide that they will rebel against this higher authority above God, what is consequence for such rebellion ?

3.) If this higher goodness, higher authority above God is the super source of blessing what would existence be eternally without harmony with this higher super goodness ?

4.) What provision if any has this super - above God, higher goodness made that rebels against it may be reconciled to it ?

5.) Is there yet an even higher goodness, super - super - above God goodness and rightness to which we may appeal if we do not like this arrangement any more than the other ?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 14:26
    Originally posted by apathist
    Interesting, because the Kennedy assanation happened within most of our lifetimes, and their is still heated debate about what actually occured.

Yet....with Jesus, we are forced to believe a narrative that took place 2,000 years ago, and if we question the details, that we get from a book, using our God given brains, then we suffer for eternity? Doesn't make sense.
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 14:32
    Interesting, because the Kennedy assanation happened within most of our lifetimes, and their is still heated debate about what actually occured.

Yet....with Jesus, we are forced to believe a narrative that took place 2,000 years ago, and if we question the details, that we get from a book, using our God given brains, then we suffer for eternity? Doesn't make sense.
    Who is forcing you old chap?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 14:37
    Who is forcing you old chap?
    Do you really think I want to suffer for all of eternity?

You may be quite happy as an atheist, who doesn't concern yourself with such things, but I want the truth.

I read sonhouse's comments, that "it's all man made bullshyte", but what if he is wrong? What if you're wrong Ghost?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 14:50
    I had made a comment once, that a real God, who would sacrifice His Son on a cross for the benefit of all of us, would mean that it's ALL inclusive....with no rules. A done deal.

But, the Bible seems to say otherwise. There are rules, and beliefs attached to this "sacrifice of love".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree