1. Maryland
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 14:25
    Because god in theory can do anything, it would be fair to say, he could be a baseball player. Could god the pitcher strike out god the batter?
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 14:31
    Is that how you imiagine Him, playing games and having fun?
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 14:37
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Because god in theory can do anything, it would be fair to say, he could be a baseball player. Could god the pitcher strike out god the batter?
    I think he would intentionally walk himself.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 15:09
    God can strike Himself out and hit a home run at the same time. 😲
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 15:10
    Originally posted by josephw
    God can strike Himself out and hit a home run at the same time. 😲
    Is he omnipotent? Then yes, else no.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 16:422 edits
    This no more suggests the non-existence of God than the assertion on the "Logic and Reason" tread supports the existence of God. Both are really poorly considered arguments. Hopefully you don't really believe what you've presented here unlike the presenter of the "Logic and Reason" thread who seems to be sincere.
  7. Maryland
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 17:03
    Trust me, I am not sincere!
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 17:07
    Trust me, I am not sincere!
    Good. Glad to hear it 🙂
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 05:461 edit
    There are some who say that their god “transcends” logic—which generally suggests to me no more than that their god might be illogical.

Most theists on here, however, are not of the “god can both be real and not be real” variety…
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 06:55
    The premise is wrong. God in theory cannot be illogical - or it would destroy the concept of 'theory'. Most Theists that have taken the time to consider the situation believe in a God that at most can do only what is logically possible. They frequently believe that what is logically possible may exceed what we believe is logically possible, but that is another matter. For example God may be able to conceive of a scenario in which he could strike out himself: actually, even I can think of such a scenario - one in which God is not required to win.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 16:41
    I like rwingett's answer the best.

But here's mine anyhow. The result would depend on who has the most natural advantage in the game. If God strikes out, then it shows that the conditions of baseball naturally favor the pitcher. If God gets a hit, it shows the conditions naturally favor the hitter.

I'm reminded of H. Alexander's quote - "If God played the Benoni against God, white would win." - his way of saying that he believed the Benoni was fundamentally unsound with perfect play.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 02:17
    Thats why Eintstein said God doesn't play dice...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree