Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 15:06
    Originally posted by shorbock
    To Fabian :
    Well you were not my intended target!
    I was hoping to trap some theist...so i stop my little joke :

At least we have a PROOF you haven't taken consideration of my hints !
    - hint 3 : most of my post on this forum show appalling atheism and contempt for religion
    - hint 2 : The traxler, apart from being one of my favorite gambits, is easily ...[text shortened]... about it here :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontological_argument
    Very interesting stuff !
    "I was hoping to trap some theist..."

The trapped trapping!
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 15:08
    Originally posted by danielnovacovici
    The concept of perfection is always linked to non-existing. An example: if we think at the word "sphere", certainly that spheres exists, but perfect spheres, if you extend the measuring of the radius of the sphere at an atomic or even smaller level, doesn't exists. So, an perfect thing is just an non-existent thing which help us to categorize some i ...[text shortened]... hings. That's why I said that in order for something to be perfect, it must be non-existent.

"That's why I said that in order for something to be perfect, it must be non-existent."

Positively obtuse. This kind of thinking is what drives unbelief. If you think [a thing] can only be [perfect] when it doesn't exist, then anything you think is hollow, without substance, and unprovable.

Your mental gymnastics renders you impotent.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 15:11
    Some echo in here...
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 15:42
    Some echo in here...
  5. Joined
    10 May '10
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 22:28
    Positively obtuse. This kind of thinking is what drives unbelief. If you think [a thing] can only be [perfect] when it doesn't exist, then anything you think is hollow, without substance, and unprovable.
    We all tend to be perfect or to make perfect things. Of course, in most of cases, we are just improving the current state but never reach perfection. What's so hard to understand?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jun '10 02:35
    Originally posted by danielnovacovici
    We all tend to be perfect or to make perfect things. Of course, in most of cases, we are just improving the current state but never reach perfection. What's so hard to understand?
    "What's so hard to understand?"

This

"We all tend to be perfect or to make perfect things."
  7. Joined
    10 May '10
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 19:42
    [b]"What's so hard to understand?"
    This
    "We all tend to be perfect or to make perfect things."[/b]
    Strangely how someone who believes in a perfect god doesn't accept the fact that humans try and succeed in many cases to improve themselves. This is what drives your religious beliefs: humans are worthless, they must obey and be grateful for their insignifiant existence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree