1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 May '05 18:241 edit
    I have a Christian life view. Thus I have a Christian view of God. Thus I believe that God is the eternal creator of the universe. I believe that God created man in His own image.

The skeptics have asked me the following question. “If God created the universe, then who created God?” This question is clearly idiotic. As I see it, God is eternal by definition. He always has been and always will be. As He says in His word, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.” In contrast to this the universe can be proven to have a beginning. Thus the universe requires a cause, namely God. And because God is eternal he does not require a cause.

My views greatly differ with the pragmatic and liberal views. The pragmatist recognizes no other power than the forces of nature, and thus cannot be built on a view of God. It is however not outspoken atheistic or anti-religious, but stands disinterested towards religion and faith. Liberalism is based on tolerance regarding the viewpoint of others and thus epitomizes man and has no place for God. From a Christian perspective, it can be seen as “worshiping the creation rather than the creator”.

Thus as a Christian my God view is different to these other views. I also believe in the Biblical view, which emphasizes the unity of creation; the narrow bond between God and man’ the unity between spirit and body and the everlasting meaning that the perishable world and man’s relationships have in it. I believe that everything is made with a godly purpose and that God, Himself manages creation and the course of history.

Thus I do not believe that it is simply coincidence that brings me into the world, as the pragmatist and the liberalist would believe. I believe that God has a specific purpose with my life and that while I live in this world I have to glorify Him with my life. The liberalist and the pragmatist don’t seem to know why they are in the world and they simply live to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of this world, giving no attention to the afterlife.

I also believe that the God of the Bible is in addition dynamic: He often acts differently; now full of love, then again as avenger. For that reason we may not make images of Him. Because he is the creator, God is totally different from man; He is unrecognizable to man. Logical understanding and intellect cannot explain Him: the intellect is a part of creation, and how can creation, explain the Creator?

God does nevertheless not remain the unknown God. He, who is eternal and unchangeable and incomprehensible to man, reveals a part of His being in his creation. For this he uses the prophets, His law, nature and supernatural intervention in nature. He speaks more directly to man in His Word and informs him of His will. The whole creation refers to the Creator, the handiwork of the Maker.

The New Testament represents a special revelation of God: God in human form. In Jesus the unimaginable finds human stature and makes it possible for man to come close to Him, to love and follow Him. In Christ he reveals a special aspect of Himself: His love.

Anyone have other views regarding this issue?
  2. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    10 May '05 18:27
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I have a Christian life view. Thus I have a Christian view of God. Thus I believe that God is the eternal creator of the universe. I believe that God created man in His own image. The skeptics have asked me the following question. “If God created the universe, then who created God?” This question is clearly idiotic. As I see it, God is eternal by definitio ...[text shortened]... reveals a special aspect of Himself: His love.

Hey I promise to read this if you use a paragraph structure.
  3. Gangster Land
    Moves
    10 May '05 18:28
    I believe reading this thread is 7 minutes I will never get back.

TheSkipper
  4. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    10 May '05 18:29
    Originally posted by TheSkipper

TheSkipper
    I assumed as much but when it's all just shat out in one lump there
    is no way I would even try it.

In that 7 minutes you could have done many things: I know I did.😉
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 May '05 18:36
    Originally posted by TheSkipper

TheSkipper
    C'mon I just re-read it in 2 minutes!
  6. Not Kansas
    Moves
    10 May '05 19:03
    I have a Christian life view. Thus I have a Christian view of God. Thus I believe that God is the eternal creator of the universe. I believe that God created man in His own image.

The skeptics have asked me the following question. “If God created the universe, then who created God?” This question is clearly idiotic. As I see it, God is eternal by defin ...[text shortened]... reveals a special aspect of Himself: His love.

I have no issue with your issues.
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 May '05 05:57

The skeptics have asked me the following question. “If God created the universe, then who created God?” This question is clearly idiotic. As I see it, God is eternal by defin ...[text shortened]... reveals a special aspect of Himself: His love.

Do I need to bring Muffy out again dj2?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 May '05 08:47
    Originally posted by telerion
    Do I need to bring Muffy out again dj2?
    Please introduce your stance on Muffy. I have have given you my stance on God so please go ahead.

By the way, are you implying that you are super-super-spiritual, seeing you created Muffy?
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 May '05 14:30
    Please introduce your stance on Muffy. I have have given you my stance on God so please go ahead.

By the way, are you implying that you are super-super-spiritual, seeing you created Muffy?
    What's that old Chevy jingle? Oh yeah, "Like a rock!"

I didn't create Muffy. Muffy has always been in every natural and supernatural sense. Your idol, God, is quite impressive in the natural world, but as a spirit being he's only average. Muffy is beyond spiritual. Silly gods are insects to Muffy.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 May '05 14:55
    What's that old Chevy jingle? Oh yeah, "Like a rock!"

I didn't create Muffy. Muffy has always been in every natural and supernatural sense. Your idol, God, is quite impressive in the natural world, but as a spirit being he's only average. Muffy is beyond spiritual. Silly gods are insects to Muffy.
    Strange that such a great God as Muffy would only reveal himself to you and do all his talking through you only. 🙄
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 May '05 15:51
    Strange that such a great God as Muffy would only reveal himself to you and do all his talking through you only. 🙄
    Even your petty idol realizes that at times it is best to "chose the foolish things of the world to confound the wise and chose the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty."

You are so stuck in your idol worship that you cannot even address Muffy appropriately. Muffy is not a god, and Muffy is certainly not the mediocre god named God. That is an insult to Muffy. Muffy created gods, including your own little rascal, Yahweh. They worship Muffy.

Muffy does not speak through me. That's such a petty god sort of thing to do. They're always trying to show off. I'm just stating facts for you yet again based own you and Col's reasoning. The natural world is evidence of the supernatural. The supernatural is evidence of the super-spiritual. Your idol lives in the supernatural. Muffy created the supernatural. Why worship the creation (God) when you can worship the Creator (Muffy)? BTW others have confirmed to me that Muffy has revealed Muffy to them as well.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 May '05 17:092 edits
    Even your petty idol realizes that at times it is best to "chose the foolish things of the world to confound the wise and chose the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty."

You are so stuck in your idol worsh ...[text shortened]... ave confirmed to me that Muffy has revealed Muffy to them as well.
    God by definition is omnipotent. This means that if God was created by Muffy he would no longer be omnipotent. This means that Muffy does not exist, because God's definition of being the omnipotent being in the universe remains. Or maybe you have another dictionary that has another definition of God. By the way there is no dictionary that defines "Muffy". So I'll have to conclude that poor Muffy is a figment of your imagination. And by the way according to your reasoning that Muffy created God, it means Buffy created Muffy. "Buffy" is defined as "Resembling a soft, thick, undyed leather made chiefly from the skins of buffalo". Which is clearly going against all logic because God created buffalos...
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 May '05 23:16
    God by definition is omnipotent.

So are a lot of other gods, by defintion. Big deal.

This means that if God was created by Muffy he would no longer be omnipotent.

Not true. By omnipotence, God can do anything that is logically possible. Muffy gave God this ability, along with a lot of other deities. Your argument has no merit.

This means that Muffy does not exist, because God's definition of being the omnipotent being in the universe remains.

This has been harmonized above. Still while you are appealing to definitions, Muffy by definition created God and sustains God, therefore if God exists then Muffy exists by definition.

Or maybe you have another dictionary that has another definition of God. By the way there is no dictionary that defines "Muffy". So I'll have to conclude that poor Muffy is a figment of your imagination.

I didn't realize that the dictionary was your ultimate source for truth. The dictionary does define Zeus. Does that mean Zeus is real? It also defines cockatrice. Are cockatrices real? In fact, the dictionary doesn't define you either dj2. I guess you are just a figment of my imagination.

And by the way according to your reasoning that Muffy created God, it means Buffy created Muffy. "Buffy" is defined as "Resembling a soft, thick, undyed leather made chiefly from the skins of buffalo". Which is clearly going against all logic because God created buffalos...

Wow, I think you are possessed with the demonic spirit of Noah Webster! Maybe Buffy created Muffy, maybe not. Of course, it's turtles all the way "up." BTW looks like you've got two divine books now: the Bible and the dictionary. Wasn't the Bible enough?

By the way, where did you attend college?
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    11 May '05 23:22
    [b]God by definition is omnipotent.

So are a lot of other gods, by defintion. Big deal.

This means that if God was created by Muffy he would no longer be omnipotent.

Not true. By omnipotence, God can do anything that is logically possible. Muffy gave God this ability, along with a lot of other deities. Your argument has no merit.

...[text shortened]... le and the dictionary. Wasn't the Bible enough?

By the way, where did you attend college?[/b]
    "In fact, the dictionary doesn't define you either dj2. I guess you are just a figment of my imagination.
    "

and Stephen Kings
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 May '05 23:42
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    "In fact, the dictionary doesn't define you either dj2. I guess you are just a figment of my imagination.
    "

and Stephen Kings
    Looks like I need to read some Stephen King.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree