God Vs Darwin

God Vs Darwin

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by Ronnie48
We know the common story of how Earth and it's nature was created. In 6 Days "God" Made the world with all it's living animals and sea life and mountains e.t.c.
Then came Genesis the story of Adam, Eve and the apple, after that people believed that was how we and Earth was Made.

In the mid 1850's One Man named Charles Darwin released his new theory on ...[text shortened]... ether God exsists and his story is true or if Darwin's theory of Evolution was a big hoax.
Interesting how so many people assume that the whole world believed in Adam and Eve until Darwin. I doubt that there has ever in the history of the world been a time when more than half the worlds population was genuinely Christian. (I dont know whether muslims believe in adam and eve.)
I do know that Charles Darwin was not the first to doubt the story though but he is credited as the first to propose a solid theory as to how life could evolve naturally without specific direction from an 'inteligent designer'.

I would partially disagree with amannion and say that the common ancestor of apes and monkeys would possibly be called a monkey if it
lived today and some evolutionists may have said that we evolved from a monkey-like common ancestor.
As far as I know human beings are classified as apes (but not monkeys).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by amannion
Let's all be clear on this:

Never anywhere in Darwin's Origin of the Species, and never in any of his or any other evolutionary biologist's work has anyone ever said that man evolved from a monkey.
To suggest otherwise is just plain wrong.
Never anywhere in Darwin's Origin of the Species, and never in any of his or any other evolutionary biologist's work has anyone ever said that man evolved from a monkey.

Am I missing something?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by forever die
God is true, he stands forever! If he is not true, how could monkeys know how to breed?
If monkeys couldn't know it, how could God know it?

Z

Where she wnts me...

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by Ronnie48
Darwin believed Mankind was made or evolved by the primate known as the monkey.
Not the monkey, the chimpanzee.

l

London

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by Zaser
Not the monkey, the chimpanzee.
Not the chimpanzee. Just an (unidentified) primate.

Z

Where she wnts me...

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Not the chimpanzee. Just an (unidentified) primate.
It's closer to the chimpanzee.

l

London

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by Zaser
It's closer to the chimpanzee.
I think the orang-utan is genetically closer.

Z

Where she wnts me...

Moves
12 Apr 06

Right now it's the chimpanzee.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
12 Apr 06

You are definitely right about the unknown primate, and Zaser is right about chimps being more closely related to us than orangs.