1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 May '13 19:531 edit
    I hear this answer a lot [from Christians] when asked why god would do such and such a thing.
    Of course there is no actual entity called "god" . "God" is a term SOME use to describe ALL that is, including unexplained and unidentified phenomena and unmanifested stuff. It's just a handy word.

"As above,so below" the saying goes.

So whenever there is a cause and reaction or karma involved, some may say that it was god. And that makes sense on a certain level, but when you start twisting everything to fit a 2000 year history book you'll inevitebly have to say silly things like "oh well, God works in mysterious ways"

He doesn't. It doesn't. It works like the rest of creation/reality , one foot follows the other.

Thank you.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 May '13 20:37
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I hear this answer a lot [from Christians] when asked why god would do such and such a thing.
    Of course there is no actual entity called "god" . "God" is a term SOME use to describe ALL that is, including unexplained and unidentified phenomena and unmanifested stuff. It's just a handy word.

"As above,so below" the saying goes.

So whenever there ...[text shortened]... works like the rest of creation/reality , one foot follows the other.

Thank you.
    I've never said that..Lol.
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    07 May '13 20:44
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It's pantomime time......lol.

OH yes you did................
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 May '13 20:46
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But did you think it? C'mon, be honest
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 May '13 03:05
    But did you think it? C'mon, be honest
    I confess I have said that. It's because it's true.

We are NOT God. We do not know the mind of God. All we have is what He chose to share through the Bible. (And I'm just as sure that He's not going to give mere man ALL the secrets to the universe, that would be folly.)

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" -- Romans 3:23, KJV

We are NOT God, we all come short of His glory. His ways are thus, by definition, mysterious.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 May '13 03:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne

We are NOT God. We do not know the mind of God. All we have is what He chose to share through the Bible. (And I'm just as sure that He's not going to give mere man ALL the secrets to the universe, that would be folly.)

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" -- Romans 3:23, KJV ...[text shortened]... God, we all come short of His glory. His ways are thus, by definition, mysterious.
    Correct! Jesus said the following to His disciples:

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you."

(John 16:12-15 NKJV)
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 May '13 20:50

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" -- Romans 3:23, KJV ...[text shortened]... God, we all come short of His glory. His ways are thus, by definition, mysterious.
    The mind of "God" and our mind is one and the same.

There is no way I'm going to let anyone tell me I'm a sinner and will never progress.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 May '13 20:52

But we know that the "Greater will" is being done, and know deep down it's not mysterious, it's just that we have not fully understood it yet.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 May '13 22:15
    Was reading about the three young women rescued after 10 years of captivity with their kidnappers. They were dehydrated, under-nourished and had had a series of miscarriages (allegedly through beatings).

It was sickening to hear so many "Thank God" s !!!
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 May '13 22:22
    The mind of "God" and our mind is one and the same.

There is no way I'm going to let anyone tell me I'm a sinner and will never progress.
    This is ridiculous. This "God is us" or "we are all God" business is vanity and leads to the denial of God. We are NOT God. God is without sin. We are laden with it. We are NOT God.

His ways are mysterious because they are so far beyond our ken. Also, keep in mind that the biblical definition of 'mystery' is a little different from the normal definition of 'mystery' that most of us are more familiar with.

"Mystery definition

the calling of the Gentiles into the Christian Church, so designated (Eph. 1:9, 10; 3:8-11; Col. 1:25-27); a truth undiscoverable except by revelation, long hid, now made manifest. The resurrection of the dead (1 Cor. 15:51), and other doctrines which need to be explained but which cannot be fully understood by finite intelligence (Matt. 13:11; Rom. 11:25; 1 Cor. 13:2); the union between Christ and his people symbolized by the marriage union (Eph. 5:31, 32; comp. 6:19); the seven stars and the seven candlesticks (Rev. 1:20); and the woman clothed in scarlet (17:7), are also in this sense mysteries. The anti-Christian power working in his day is called by the apostle (2 Thess. 2:7) the "mystery of iniquity."

Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary" -- from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mystery

No matter how you slice it, God's ways *are* 'mysterious'.

P.S. And yes, karoly, you have the burden of sin, but the Good News is that you CAN progress, through the intercession of Jesus Christ.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 May '13 22:28
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Was reading about the three young women rescued after 10 years of captivity with their kidnappers. They were dehydrated, under-nourished and had had a series of miscarriages (allegedly through beatings).

It was sickening to hear so many "Thank God" s !!!
    Those men should be put down, much like we put down suffering animals. They have defaulted on their right to live as men.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '13 23:074 edits
    Those men should be put down, much like we put down suffering animals. They have defaulted on their right to live as men.
    For certain families should pray prayers of protection for thier children. They should acknowledge God's protection is beyond what we can do.

They should not listen to the chorus of unbelievers claiming to have science statistics that prayers to God are probably not really answered.

This news did make me shudder. Though we can expect the media to make slim mention of it, (such would be too "religious" ) I am sure that someone must have been praying for this near miraculous recovery.

They just didn't give up in petition to God.

Expect next some career skeptic to follow this post with a rationale to twist my words into a blaming accusation against God. Watch. He's probably carefully arranging his accusation now.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 May '13 00:29
    Very evil men.
    But I would not compound their evil by killing them.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 May '13 01:57
    This is ridiculous. This "God is us" or "we are all God" business is vanity and leads to the denial of God. We are NOT God. God is without sin. We are laden with it. We are NOT God.

His ways are mysterious because they are so far beyond our ken. Also, keep in mind that the biblical definition of 'mystery' is a little different from the normal defin ...[text shortened]... he Good News is that you CAN progress, through the intercession of Jesus Christ.
    Yes, I know what you believe and I don't think you're a bit wrong but entirely wrong.
    And "ridiculous" is still more feasable than "mysterious"
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '13 14:35
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Very evil men.
    But I would not compound their evil by killing them.
    I'd not only sanction the death penalty for these men, but I'd hand the switch over to those women. You don't think they'd pull the trigger on all three? Think again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree