1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 May '13 13:29
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    So you only believe fairy tales out of that one book then?
    That is your definition, it is not a fairy tale to me. In my life God has confirmed it's truth to me many times.
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 May '13 13:35
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    That is your definition, it is not a fairy tale to me. In my life God has confirmed it's truth to me many times.
    How has he confirmed it's truth?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 May '13 14:47
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    How has he confirmed it's truth?
    He has been faithful in many of his promises to me that he claims in his word. I have asked for help, and he has delivered, simple as that. No, I will not reveal how, so it can be made a mockery of here on this forum. You will have to first learn what his promises are, believe them and receive.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 May '13 15:063 edits
    He has been faithful in many of his promises to me that he claims in his word. I have asked for help, and he has delivered, simple as that. No, I will not reveal how, so it can be made a mockery of here on this forum. You will have to first learn what his promises are, believe them and receive.
    No, I will not reveal how, so it can be made a mockery of here on this forum.

I agree with your feeling. Some questions from people are more honest. We take a chance to reveal intimate details concerning the Lord that we love.

Other questions are like haters of our spouse questioning about that person. We simply have no heart to hold up our precious experiences of that loved Person to someone's hostility.

This might be perceived as not being able to answer some question.
    That assumption we just have to endure.

A certain Christian brother Watchman Nee, a Chinese young man at the time, learned effective prayer.

About this time I met a Western missionary, Miss Groves (Margaret Barber's co-worker), who asked me how many persons I had brought to the Lord in the year following my salvation. I bowed my head, hoping to forestall further questioning, and shamefully admitted in a low voice that, although I had preached the gospel to my schoolmates, they did not like to listen, and when they did listen, they would not believe. My attitude was that, since they would not heed the gospel, they would have to bear the consequences. She spoke to me frankly, "You are unable to lead people to the Lord because there is something between God and you. It may be some hidden sins not yet completely dealt with, or something for which you are indebted to someone." I admitted that such things existed, and she asked if I were willing to settle them immediately. I answered that I was willing.

She also asked how I went about bearing testimony. I replied that I pulled people in at random and began to speak, regardless of whether they were listening or not. She said, "This is not right. You must speak to God first, before you speak to people. You should pray to God, make a list of your schoolmates' names, and ask God which of them you should pray for. Pray for them daily, mentioning them by name. Then when God affords the opportunity, you should bear testimony to them."

After that conversation, I immediately began to deal with my sins by making restitution, paying debts, being reconciled with my schoolmates, and confessing offenses to others. I also entered in my notebook the names of about seventy schoolmates and began praying for them daily, mentioning their names individually before God. Sometimes I prayed for them once every hour, praying silently, even in class. When opportunity arose, I would bear testimony to them and try to persuade them to believe in the Lord Jesus. My schoolmates often said jokingly, "Mr. Preacher is coming. Let us listen to his preaching." The fact was that they had no intention to listen.

I called on Miss Groves again and said to her, "I have fully carried out your instructions. Why is it not effective?" She replied, "Do not be disappointed. Keep praying until some are saved." By the Lord's grace, I continued to pray daily. When opportunity arose, I bore testimony and preached the gospel. Thank the Lord, after several months, all but one of the seventy persons whose names were in my notebook were saved.

http://www.watchmannee.org/watchman-nee-testimony.html
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 May '13 15:06
    Yeah that all sounds really convincing.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 May '13 16:04
    Originally posted by sonship
    No, I will not reveal how, so it can be made a mockery of here on this forum.

I agree with your feeling. Some questions from people are more honest. We take a chance to reveal intimate details concerning the Lord that we love.

Other questions are like haters of our spouse questioning about that person. We simply have no heart to hold ...[text shortened]... were saved.
    [/quote]

http://www.watchmannee.org/watchman-nee-testimony.html
    I am familiar with Watchman Nee, a very powerful servant of the Lord. Thanks for sharing....Our efforts if done under the Lord's direction, have very good results, even if we never get to see them in our life times. My wife tells me her Grand mother used to pray for her constantly, but it was not until after she passed away that her prayers were answered.
    Thanks for the reminder not to cast our pearls before swine...
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 May '13 17:482 edits
    Thanks for the reminder not to cast our pearls before swine...
    Careful. I have been castigated rather harshly here before for saying this exact same thing.

Put on your flame-retardant undies.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 May '13 19:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Careful. I have been castigated rather harshly here before for saying this exact same thing.

Put on your flame-retardant undies.
    The phrase reeks of arrogance and pride, I think it's use is castigation enough.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 May '13 20:17
    These women know who held them and committed atrocities with their bodies for the last ten+ years. These pigs gave up their rights to live as men.

Mercy? Where was their mercy for their victims?

I never said execution without trial. I have no doubt they will be found guilty. I say bring back electrocution as a capital punishment for these men and ...[text shortened]... s to look into the eyes of their victims and see vengeance and know who's sending them to hell.
    Just another way to trim the branches and not attack the root problem
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 May '13 20:211 edit
    Can you make a frog?
    That's a crap joke. i'm being serious, i would like to progress via discipline and [self]knowledge. (I regard everything to be "myself" )
    I am ready to evolve in the truest sense of the word
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 May '13 20:23
    So no direct experience then, just wishes becoming true after some delay?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 May '13 20:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So no direct experience then, just wishes becoming true after some delay?
    Proof and faith cannot be held under the same microscope.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 May '13 20:31
    Proof and faith cannot be held under the same microscope.
    Apparently they don't show up on any microscope
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 May '13 20:31
    Just another way to trim the branches and not attack the root problem
    How so? What is the 'root problem'? Something involving 'society' or a classroom version of 'ethics'? Down where the rubber meets the road, there is only evil and the fight of good people against it. Eliminating those who endorse it and propagate it is a good thing.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 May '13 20:33
    Apparently they don't show up on any microscope
    "That's a crap joke. i'm being serious"

Sound familiar?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree