God

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 15 Sep '18 11:45
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 11:45
    If he exists he is rubbish at his job, think a career move is in order.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 11:49
    Originally posted by @badradger
    Since you seem to think you are his self-appointed supervisor, perhaps you should take it up with him.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 12:56
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Since you seem to think you are his self-appointed supervisor, perhaps you should take it up with him.
    tried his cell phone is always on answerphone. never rings me back, ignorant twerp.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 14:18
    Man’s greatest complaint about God is He doesn’t do things the way we would. When we look at our limits and God being limitless, what He values and what we do are not the samethings. You would have to grasp what He does and why to really make that call.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 14:30
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Man’s greatest complaint about God is He doesn’t do things the way we would. When we look at our limits and God being limitless, what He values and what we do are not the samethings. You would have to grasp what He does and why to really make that call.
    you are suggesting that god thinks in a different way to humans, to the best of my knowledge there is no other thought than human thought, any other would be incomprehensible.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 16:58
    you are suggesting that god thinks in a different way to humans, to the best of my knowledge there is no other thought than human thought, any other would be incomprehensible.
    Yes, His ways are not ours. Think about the attributes of God, He is the Alpha and Omega, He is everywhere, He created everything, and holds all together by the power of His Word! He knows everything so that at no time does any of the smallest of particles escapes Him, neither does how anything small or great relates to the rest of the universe. Which means everything all at once has God’s total attention!

So I would say His views are different than ours.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 17:00
    "..,to the best of my knowledge..."

That's a good place to start.
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 18:13
    tried his cell phone is always on answerphone. never rings me back, ignorant twerp.
    i have to tell you, God has a good sense of humor.

so what is it that brings you to these thoughts at this time in your life
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 04:13
    Man’s greatest complaint about God is He doesn’t do things the way we would.
    No.
    Man's greatest complaint about god is that he doesn't do things.

He is completely conspicuous by his complete absence.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 04:14
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Well I would but there are millions ahead of me in the queue all waiting .... and waiting ... and
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 07:42
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    No.
    Man's greatest complaint about god is that he doesn't do things.

He is completely conspicuous by his complete absence.
    Cannot be that since God provides everything for us from the air we breathe, heath to
    our bodies, maintains the universe we live in and so on. So again, He doesn't behave
    like we would have Him. He isn't absent, instead He allows us to live life with the
    consequences of our actions good and bad. He is very merciful too otherwise we would
    all be zapped out of this life. Even your complaint is just saying God isn’t doing things the
    way you’d like them to be done.
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 09:04
    Cannot be that since God provides everything for us from the air we breathe, heath to
    our bodies, maintains the universe we live in and so on. So again, He doesn't behave
    like we would have Him. He isn't absent, instead He allows us to live life with the
    consequences of our actions good and bad. He is very merciful too otherwise we would
    all be zapped ...[text shortened]... . Even your complaint is just saying God isn’t doing things the
    way you’d like them to be done.
    Sometimes in life, bad things happen that are not a result of personal consequence. If God is truly merciful and all-powerful, why doesn't he intervene in these instances?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 09:141 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Sometimes in life, bad things happen that are not a result of personal consequence. If God is truly merciful and all-powerful, why doesn't he intervene in these instances?
    What makes you think He hasn't?
    This life is full of good and bad things occurring, for all you know God has been holding
    back a lot of bad things. Personally, I think it is getting worse because God is allowing
    us to do a lot things we shouldn't do to each other, so He is no longer holding us back
    from revealing what we really are with out Him.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 14:18
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Would you say that, as a parent, you would be doing your child a beneficial service if you kept them from ALL harm?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 14:201 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Well I would but there are millions ahead of me in the queue all waiting .... and waiting ... and
    But we all have a direct line. Refusing to make that call is just that: your refusal.

Basically, you put yourself on hold.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree