1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 21:10
    (Romans 10:2-4) For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge. 3 For because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 23:17
    Originally posted by roigam
    (Romans 10:2-4) For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge. 3 For because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness.
    Is this your way of saying "we are right and everyone else is wrong"?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 00:331 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    In which post did I say this?
    You find it as you said it.......

Now any coments on this thread?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 00:37
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"In fact they not only deny it exist but even deny god himself by refusing to use his name."

El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)
    El Elyon (The Most High God)
    Adonai (Lord, Master)
    Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
    Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
    Jehovah-Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
    Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
    Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
    J ...[text shortened]... Look and see for yourself what God's Word is telling you about Him without the aide of mere men.[/b]
    Yes I do beleive this is the truth. Just because you can produce all these names does not mean you use the name of Jehovah or recognize his kingdom being ruled by his son Jesus.
    Do you?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 00:37
    Originally posted by galveston75

No. You said I said it. And it is you who has brought it up on this thread. Where do you claim I said it?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 01:50
    Yes I do beleive this is the truth. Just because you can produce all these names does not mean you use the name of Jehovah or recognize his kingdom being ruled by his son Jesus.
    Do you?
    Of course he does, he's a Christian.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 01:51

FMF has never said that. I'd like to point out that this is yet another example of your dishonesty Gslveston75.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 10:46
    name of Jehovah
    "Jehovah" is not God's name. It is an abortion only used by millennial cultists. Use either Jahweh or Adonai; or in English, God or the Lord. Don't call him "Gord" or "Lod", as you are doing in using "Jehovah".
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 12:52
    Do you?
    "Jehovah (/dʒɨˈhoʊvə/, jə-ho-və) is a Latinization of the Hebrew יְהֹוָה, one vocalization of the Tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH), the proper name of the God of Israel in the Hebrew Bible." (Wikipedia)

"Just because you can produce all these names does not mean you use the name of Jehovah or recognize his kingdom being ruled by his son Jesus."

Sounds as though you are accusing me of something. Like maybe I don't believe what God's Word says? I know who Jesus is. I know Jesus Christ will rule the Kingdom, which encompasses the whole of creation.

What I don't understand is why JW's have such a predilection for a vocalization of the Tetragrammaton YHWH, (Jehovah).

I never called my father by his first name when talking to him. Is that what you do when you talk to God the Father? Like God was your pal or your pet dog?

Galatians 4:6
    And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 15:45
    "Jehovah (/dʒɨˈhoʊvə/, jə-ho-və) is a Latinization of the Hebrew יְהֹוָה, one vocalization of the Tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH), the proper name of the God of Israel in the Hebrew Bible." (Wikipedia)

[b]"Just because you can produce all these names does not mean you use the name of Jehovah or recognize his kingdom being ruled by his son Jesus."

Sound ...[text shortened]... e ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.[/b]
    "Walking in God’s name involves at least three things. First, we must proclaim that name to others, recognizing that only those who ‘call on the name of Jehovah will be saved.’ (Rom. 10:13) Second, we need to reflect Jehovah’s qualities, especially his love. And third, we walk in God’s name when we joyfully submit to his righteous standards, lest we bring reproach on our Father’s holy name. (1 John 4:8; 5:3) Are you determined to “walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite”? We have willingly come to know Jehovah. We are proud to bear his name and to be his obedient name people. Hence, we look to the future with confidence in the promise recorded at Psalm 9:10: “Those knowing your name will trust in you, for you will certainly not leave those looking for you, O Jehovah.” w13 3/15 5:16-18" ES book 2014
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 20:041 edit
    Second, we need to reflect Jehovah’s qualities, especially his love.
    Do you think your treatment of beauroberts in his "disfellowship" thread reflected your god's "qualities and especially his love"?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 13:26
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    "Jehovah" is not God's name. It is an abortion only used by millennial cultists. Use either Jahweh or Adonai; or in English, God or the Lord. Don't call him "Gord" or "Lod", as you are doing in using "Jehovah".
    Strange that the name appears in the King James version of the Bible written about 500 years ago, were these translators also 'millennial cultists'? The fact of the matter is that you have no way of knowing how the tetragrammaton was pronounced and your insistence that it be pronounced Jahweh is simply nonsense. Equally ludicrous is your use of the term adonai, which is not even the tetragrammaton nor a name. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about and would be well advised to join the ranks of other opinionated balloon heads who also espouse the most grandiose of assertions without the slightest substantiation.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 13:58

[b]"Just because you can produce all these names does not mean you use the name of Jehovah or recognize his kingdom being ruled by his son Jesus."

Sound ...[text shortened]... e ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.[/b]
    Precisely. Even though I have two thumbs, unfortunately I can only give one to this post.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 13:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Strange that the name appears in the King James version of the Bible written about 500 years ago, were these translators also 'millennial cultists'? The fact of the matter is that you have no way of knowing how the tetragrammaton was pronounced and your insistence that it be pronounced Jahweh is simply nonsense. Equally ludicrous is your use of the ...[text shortened]... on heads who also espouse the most grandiose of assertions without the slightest substantiation.
    Like you?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 14:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Like you?
    I remain committed to your continuing education although you are a very poor student, to say the least.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree