1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 15:55
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    And if you kill every single innocent animal besides those on the ark, and every infant outside the ark that has no concept of right or wrong, well, hey, that's just acceptable collateral damage.

After all, we're not dealing with an omnipotent being who could just zap all the bad people and kill them. He's fully justified in using the sledge hammer when he has a drawer full of scalpels.
    The corrupted bloodline was rife in humans by this point. Knowing right and wrong is not the point. The Nephilim had to go.

And I'm surprised how many people keep saying "God should have done this instead of that." Like that's not at all arrogant. I keep saying free will is so important to His long range plan that even while He was creating the earth, He did what He could to hide the effects of "supernatural magic", so that humans could not tell there was a celestial hand in events. That's why the sledgehammer instead of scalpels. That's why evolution instead of conjuring. That's why God inspired men to write the Bible instead of revealing the golden plates it's written on, like the story of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. And some dare ask "where is God's patience?" I think His patience is supremely evident.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 17:451 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The corrupted bloodline was rife in humans by this point. Knowing right and wrong is not the point. The Nephilim had to go.

And I'm surprised how many people keep saying "God should have done this instead of that." Like that's not at all arrogant. I keep saying free will is so important to His long range plan that even while He was creating the earth ...[text shortened]... ormon. And some dare ask "where is God's patience?" I think His patience is supremely evident.
    Even us puny mortals can do blood transfusions. Why couldn't God drain their corrupted blood and give them some fresh, 'morally pure' blood? Is this 'evil' blood so pernicious that even God cannot separate it from the host?

You should not be surprised that people think of all these things God could have done. He's supposed to be omnipotent, after all!

You faithful people talk a big game about how powerful your god is, but when it comes time for him to actually use his power, you give us a bunch of excuses why he can't do it.

And lame excuses at that. We're pretty easy to fool. God could have excised the 'evil' humans in any number of ways without us being aware of what was really going on, or harming our precious free will.

Weak sauce.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 23:50
    Even us puny mortals can do blood transfusions. Why couldn't God drain their corrupted blood and give them some fresh, 'morally pure' blood? Is this 'evil' blood so pernicious that even [b]God cannot separate it from the host?

You should not be surprised that people think of all these things God could have done. He's supposed to be omnipotent, aft ...[text shortened]... ut us being aware of what was really going on, or harming our precious free will.

Weak sauce.[/b]
    Wow. Blood transfusions are not the point here. It is the pure bloodline leading to Christ that was endangered. Do you know the difference?

And yet you guys think you know better than God, when you can't even get a handle on what is the important point in the conversation.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 00:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Wow. Blood transfusions are not the point here. It is the pure bloodline leading to Christ that was endangered. Do you know the difference?

And yet you guys think you know better than God, when you can't even get a handle on what is the important point in the conversation.
    You're just going to have to help another dumb atheist out (poor you, so put upon).

The bloodline of Christ was in Noah's family, yes? So that is preserved either way.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 23:282 edits
    You're just going to have to help another dumb atheist out (poor you, so put upon).

The bloodline of Christ was in Noah's family, yes? So that is preserved either way.
    One of them, yes. Obviously, or it would not have survived. Practically everyone else was corrupted not only by the blood of the Nephilim, but by the excesses of the times. Unrepentant sin was that widespread at that time, just as today. "As in the days of Noah", indeed.

I apologize for my language. I didn't need to get snippy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree