1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 20:41
    (Genesis 1:28) Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”
    (Isaiah 55:11) So my word that goes out of my mouth will be. It will not return to me without results, But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight, And it will have sure success in what I send it to do.
    God's purpose to fill the Earth with a perfect happy human family has been interrupted by Satan and man's rebellion.
    Will God let His word go unfulfilled forever?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 23:251 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    (Genesis 1:28) Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”
    (Isaiah 55:11) So my word that goes out of my mouth will be. It will not return to me without res ...[text shortened]... as been interrupted by Satan and man's rebellion.
    What about the book of Ephesians ? There is where you find the phrase "eternal purpose."
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 23:301 edit
    (Isaiah 55:11) So my word that goes out of my mouth will be. It will not return to me without res ...[text shortened]... as been interrupted by Satan and man's rebellion.
    Its nonsense.

Why?

Because this earth is a jail and will always be a jail and a place of suffering and heartache.

If you want a perfect life, then you must live for eternity in the spiritual world and not this material world of birth, disease, old age and death.

Surrendering to true religion is the only way to return ( Back to Godhead) your eternal true home.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 10:509 edits
    According to Ephesians the eternal purpose of God is not simply happy people live on a pleasant earth.

The eternal purpose was made "in Christ Jesus our Lord " -

"According to the eternal purpose which He made in Christ Jesus our Lord ... " (Eph. 3:11)

Christ Jesus the Lord is God become a man - the union and mingling of Divinity and Humanity. The purpose of eternity (literally "purpose of the ages" ) was made in this One Who is the mingling of God and man.

And according to Ephesians 1:9-10 this eternal purpose includes God heading up all things in Christ.

"Making known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,

Unto the economy of the fullness of the times, to head up all things in Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth, in Him ; ... " (1:9,10)

The "eternal purpose" of God involves Christ as the Head over all things, heading up both the things in the heavens and on earth in Him. That is an eternal administration headed by Jesus Christ - the Godman.
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 19:42
    That's correct. It's through Christ Jesus that Jehovah's purpose will be accomplished.
    1) (Matthew 20:28) Just as the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”
    (2 Corinthians 1:20) For no matter how many the promises of God are, they have become “yes” by means of him.
    Jesus gave his life out of love for us and for his Father, Jehovah God to do God's will.
    ((Matthew 6:9, 10) “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10 Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.

2)(Matthew 28:18) Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.
    ( (Daniel 7:13, 14) “I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.)

(1 John 3:8) The one who practices sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, to break up the works of the Devil.

This will be done through God's Kingdom through His first born son Jesus Christ.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 20:063 edits
    That's correct. It's through Christ Jesus that Jehovah's purpose will be accomplished.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those were all very good verses you gave - Matt. 20:28; 2 Cor. 1:20; Matt. 6:9,10; 28:18; Dan. 7:13,14

But we also should refer to the fact that God intends not only to rule outwardly but to mass duplicate this mingling of Divinity and Humanity in man.

I told you that Jesus Christ is Godman. Now I would go on to tell you that His eternal purpose is to have Godmen who also are the corporate mingling of God and man.

Let's go back to Ephesians on Christ heading up all things.

" And He subjected all things under His feet and gave Him to be the Head over all things to the church,

Which is His Body, the fullness of the One who fills all in all." (Eph. 1:22,23)

The church is His Body.
    His headship over all things is "to the church" which is a corporate entity in which He Himself dwells. He transmits His headship over all things to a corporate collective filled with His life and nature.

Your verses were very good.
    I would add TO them that God's eternal purpose involves the dispensing of Himself into a Body to fill up with His life - "the fullness of the One who fills all and all."

On one hand Ephesians speaks of Body for Christ.
    And on the other hand it speaks of "an habitation of God"
    In other words the dispensing of Jesus Christ into man is the dispensing of God into man.

"Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone;

In whom all the building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord;

In whom you also are being built into a dwelling place [habitation] of God in spirit." (Eph. 2:20-21)

So you can see the "eternal purpose" also means the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit being dispensed into man for a corporate Body for Christ and a builded up dwelling place [habitation] for God. That is a living holy temple in the Lord.

Marvelous !
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 20:221 edit
    Someone rebuked me that this study was not that helpful to them.
    This could be a true criticism if they mean it failed to feed their spirit as spiritual food.

One of my mentors Brother Witness Lee speaks of feeding and nourishing people with the word of God.

A word from Brother Lee
    YouTube
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 01:18
    Originally posted by sonship
    This could be a true criticism if they mean it failed to feed their spirit as spiritual food.

One of my mentors Brother Witness Lee speaks of feeding and nourishing people with the word of God.

[b] A word from Brother Lee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq6ecc04LAw[/b]
    The above post was posted by me at the Wrong Discussion.
    I meant to post it on the discussion about the Gospel of Grace vs the Eternal Gospel.
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    05 Oct '15 19:351 edit
    The above post was posted by me at the Wrong Discussion.
    I meant to post it on the discussion about the Gospel of Grace vs the Eternal Gospel.
    No Problem.
    Just as an observation concerning Jesus as God.
    (Matthew 24:36) “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens..... nor the Son,..... but only the Father.
    The Son (Jesus Christ) does not know as much as the Father (Jehovah God) so he cannot be equal to God.
    Jesus confirms this many times i.e.
    (Philippians 2:5-11) Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although he was existing in God’s form (as a spirit creature), gave no consideration to a seizure, (like Satan did) namely, that he should be equal to God. 7 No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human. 8 More than that, when he came as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake. 9 For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, (except Jehovah's) 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground— 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord.....(not for his own glory but,)..... to the glory of God the Father.
    (1 Corinthians 15:27, 28) For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

Jehovah uses His power, His Holy Spirit, to work through Jesus to restore everlasting life to mankind (those who want it and qualify). This does not make Jesus God.
    Jehovah did the same with Moses when He delivered the Israelites.
    It did not make Moses God either.
    Jesus is the Greater Moses, our Savior.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '15 20:001 edit
    Just as an observation concerning Jesus as God.
    (Matthew 24:36) “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens..... nor the Son,..... but only the Father.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Because the Lord Jesus is the MINGLING of God and man, it is the hardest thing for Bible readers sometimes differentiate between the divine nature and the human nature of the Lord Jesus. Sometimes we can differentiate between His divine nature and His human nature. At other times we cannot do it for the two natures are so blended and united together.

A distinction can sometimes be discerned between Jesus as God and Jesus as man. But at other times it seems as if we cannot detect any distinction. In Matthew 24:36 [ Jesus was referring to His humanity; it shows that He Himself was a fully humble servant, who knew nothing except to accept His Father's will. When the number of saved is filled up and the harvest of ripened "fruit" of Christians is complete, the Father's time of the end of the age will come. The Son as the emblem of perfect submission will obey the Father then as the emblem of perfect authority.

Jesus here is speaking as one standing on the ground of a man in limitation, only obeying the will of God His Father.

When we read the four Gospels, the most important thing is to remember that the Lord Jesus has both the divine and the human nature. Sometimes they only speak of His human nature, sometimes they only speak of His divine nature, and sometimes they speak of both His divine and human natures. Those who understand this will be saved from many misunderstandings.
    - Watchman Nee
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '15 20:172 edits
    (1 Corinthians 15:27, 28) For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of this means that the kingdom of the Son of God, the Son of Man is not eternal. When all things are subjected to God the Father, it is the will of God the Father that the Son's kingdom be for eternity.

So proves the book of Daniel.

" I watched in the night visions, And there with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming;

And He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him. And to Him was given dominion, glory, and a kingdom,

That all peoples, nations, and languages might serve Him. His dominion IS AN ETERNAL DOMINION, which will not pass away;

And His kingdom is one that will not be destroyed." (Daniel 7:13,14)

This vision of Daniel is Christ coming, not to earth on the clouds, but coming into ascension to heaven on the clouds.

And the kingdom assigned to HIm is an eternal one. So all things finally being subject to the Father does in no way negate that Christ's kingdom and dominion are ETERNAL.

You assume that the Father has something to enviously snatch back. But harmonious oneness in the Triune God is perfect. And the Father's pleasure is the continuation of the Son's dominion for eternity.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 09:42
    Evil is just a speed bump on the road to what God has in mind. Some tend to promote it to
    such strength to be a challenge to God, but it isn't. God's will, will be done on earth as it is
    in heaven.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 11:312 edits
    (Philippians 2:5-11) Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although he was existing in God’s form (as a spirit creature), gave no consideration to a seizure, (like Satan did) namely, that he should be equal to God. 7 No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human. 8 More than that, when he came as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake. 9 For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, (except Jehovah's) 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground— 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord.....(not for his own glory but,)..... to the glory of God the Father.

You don't properly understand this passage.
    The Son of God HAD equality with God.
    The Daystar SOUGHT to be like the Most High (Isa. 14:14)

The Son of God EMPTIED Himself of the glory of being God.
    Lucifer [Latin] strove to steal this glory in covetousness.

What the Son had in this glorious expression He did not hang on to when He became incarnated as a man, a slave, and that one to die on the cross for our sins.

You misunderstand by thinking both the Son and Satan were creatures:

The Anointed Cherub who became Satan was "created" (Ezekiel 28:13)

The Logos was God from eternity (John 1:1) and was on incarnated as created man (John 1:14) laying aside the glorious form of God which He did not grasp to retain.

It is true that Satan revolted, striving to be equal with God.

"I will make myself like the Most High." (Isaiah 14:14)

But you err in teaching that Christ did the same, striving for what He did not have. But the point is that He HAD equality in form with God. And He had this equality from eternity.

"Who, existing in the form of God, ... " (6a)

It is not a matter of Christ reaching for what was not His.
    From ETERNITY He had equality in form with God.

Paul's point is that in incarnation He did not retain the glorious form but instead took on the form of a obedient suffering slave as a human being.

"Although the Lord was equal with God, He did not consider being equal with God a treasure to be grasped and retained; rather, He laid aside the form of God (not the nature of God) and emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave.

... [He] laid aside what He possessed - the form of God.

... The same word [form] as that in v.6 In His incarnation the Lord [Jesus] did not alter His divine nature; He changed only His outward expression, from the form of God, the highest form, to that of a slave, the lowest form. This was not a change of essence but of state.

Misc footnotes on Philippians 3:6,7 from The Recovery Version New Testament, Living Stream Ministry

The point of Philppians 3:6,7 is that Christ did not HANG ON, grasping at what He had. It is not that He did not grasp at what He did NOT have.
  14. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 11:42

[b] A word from Brother Lee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq6ecc04LAw[/b]
    Think I prefer Bruce Lee
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 11:44
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Think I prefer Bruce Lee
    So do I strangely enough. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree