1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 08:38
    Some believe they won’t find out if they’re going to heaven until after they die. But that view is not Biblical.

People can be assured they’re going to heaven while they are still alive on earth based on the promises of a completely holy and trustworthy God.

There are judgments after death, but neither determines whether people spend an eternity in heaven. That decision was made by them before they died.

This article summarizes what God’s judgments are after death:

“Question: "What does the Bible say about when God will judge us?"

Answer: There are two separate judgments. Believers are judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ (Romans 14:10-12). Every believer will give an account of himself, and the Lord will judge the decisions he made—including those concerning issues of conscience. This judgment does not determine salvation, which is by faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9), but rather is the time when believers must give an account of their lives in service to Christ. Our position in Christ is the “foundation” spoken of in 1 Corinthians 3:11-15. That which we build upon the foundation can be the “gold, silver, and precious stones” of good works in Christ’s name, obedience and fruitfulness—dedicated spiritual service to glorify God and build the church. Or what we build on the foundation may be the “wood, hay and stubble” of worthless, frivolous, shallow activity with no spiritual value. The Judgment Seat of Christ will reveal this.

The gold, silver and precious stones in the lives of believers will survive God’s refining fire (v. 13), and believers will be rewarded based on those good works—how faithfully we served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27), how well we obeyed the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20), how victorious we were over sin (Romans 6:1-4), how well we controlled our tongues (James 3:1-9), etc. We will have to give an account for our actions, whether they were truly indicative of our position in Christ. The fire of God’s judgment will completely burn up the “wood, hay and stubble” of the words we spoke and things we did which had no eternal value. “So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God” (Romans 14:12 ).

The second judgment is that of unbelievers who will be judged at the Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11-15). This judgment does not determine salvation, either. Everyone at the Great White Throne is an unbeliever who has rejected Christ in life and is therefore already doomed to the lake of fire. Revelation 20:12 says that unbelievers will be “judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.” Those who have rejected Christ as Lord and Savior will be judged based on their works alone, and because the Bible tells us that “by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified” (Galatians 2:16), they will be condemned. No amount of good works and the keeping of God’s laws can be sufficient to atone for sin. All their thoughts, words and actions will be judged against God’s perfect standard and found wanting. There will be no reward for them, only eternal condemnation and punishment.”

https://www.gotquestions.org/judgment.html
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 11:44
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Some believe they won’t find out if they’re going to heaven until after they die. But that view is not Biblical.

People can be assured they’re going to heaven while they are still alive on earth based on the promises of a completely holy and trustworthy God.

There are judgments after death, but neither determines whether people spend an eternity in ...[text shortened]... r them, only eternal condemnation and punishment.”

https://www.gotquestions.org/judgment.html
    What a pile of bull?
    Do you church jokers actually believe all that garbage?
    No wonder you sickos are so lost ...
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 12:36
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    What a pile of bull?
    I couldn't help notice that the same source Romans1009 used for this thread is the same one you used in your thread about the 'recovery bible', should your comments likewise be taken into account considering the source? 'Gotquestions'
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 12:49
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    I couldn't help notice that the same source Romans1009 used for this thread is the same one you used in your thread about the 'recovery bible', should your comments likewise be taken into account considering the source? 'Gotquestions'
    You can take your comments from wherever you like.
    I take the words of the Bible first.
    In the Bible, I take the words of Christ first
    Some commentaries are good and some are plain nonsense.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 12:54
    .. Revelation 20:12 says that unbelievers will be “judged .l
    Revelation 20:12 says no such thing

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. (Revelation 20:12 KJV)

Unbelievers ?
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 13:08
    So is the one Romans used bad and yours is good considering it is the same source? Or are the equally valid?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 13:15
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    So is the one Romans used bad and yours is good considering it is the same source? Or are the equally valid?
    Comments like that tell me that you are not a very smart person.
    DO you have the ability discern what commentaries are in line with scripture
    and which are not?

Why is it an all or nothing case?
    What the hell in wrong with you?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 17:14
    What a pile of bull?
    Wow, what a winning argument lol.

Cite the passage where someone’s salvation is determined after he or she dies.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 17:16
    And where in the Bible does it say someone’s salvation is determined after he or she dies?

Where in the Bible does it say Jesus Christ was an angel?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 17:17
    Comments like that tell me that you are not a very smart person.
    DO you have the ability discern what commentaries are in line with scripture
    and which are not?

Why is it an all or nothing case?
    What the hell in wrong with you?
    Why do you have so much hate in you, amigo?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 17:20
    Why do you have so much hate in you, amigo?
    I hate liars and crooks... particularly the religious type.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 17:21
    And where in the Bible does it say someone’s salvation is determined after he or she dies?

Where in the Bible does it say Jesus Christ was an angel?
    Cite where in the Bible does it say someone’s salvation is determined before he or she dies?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 17:23
    I hate liars and crooks... particularly the religious type.
    There you go again with your judgmentalism and condemnation.

Full of hate, judgmental and constantly condemning people. Is that how you represent Christ? Or are you representing the Christ-denying Pharisees instead?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 17:25
    Cite where in the Bible does it say someone’s salvation is determined before he or she dies?
    Obviously you can’t cite the verse or passage from the Bible that supports your false doctrine that someone only learns of his or her salvation after death. Why not just admit it? The Biblical support for what I believe is in the OP.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 17:26
    There you go again with your judgmentalism and condemnation.

Full of hate, judgmental and constantly condemning people. Is that how you represent Christ? Or are you representing the Christ-denying Pharisees instead?
    Jesus hated liars and false preachers as well pal.
    Yes that is how I represent Christ.
    I dentify the false teachings of Christianity and I expose them
    I identify the crooked and deceitful preachers and pastors and I expose them
    Understand ? Dont ask me again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree