1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Nov '11 23:49
    The Reverend Jeremiah Wright is coming to town to speak at a church across the street from where Occupy Detroit is camped. Since conservatives love to hate the good reverend so much, I think I'll go downtown tomorrow and see what he has to say. And then I'll take part in the scheduled Occupy Detroit march later in the afternoon.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 00:52
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The Reverend Jeremiah Wright is coming to town to speak at a church across the street from where Occupy Detroit is camped. Since conservatives love to hate the good reverend so much, I think I'll go downtown tomorrow and see what he has to say. And then I'll take part in the scheduled Occupy Detroit march later in the afternoon.
    maybe i'll stop by...if i'm not too busy sleeping in.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 01:121 edit
    Good for you, have a good time.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 01:33
    They're still occupying Brisbane here. The protestor types are small in number here, but very devoted and resolute to their cause. (You've always had to be more "hardcore" in Brisbane than in Sydney or Melbourne if you were considered part of anything "alternative" or involved in just about any protest movements. This is partly because they're in a smaller minority here, also it is because Queenslanders are still more backward than the other 2 major cities on the eastern seaboard.)

They started arresting people yesterday for obstructing police, I presume, however one guy got arrested for playing his bagpipes. I dont know what the charge was but they were camped in public parklands, far away form any residential or business properties that he may have been disturbing. (I reckon he just started up when they started arresting the others, and the police just got really annoyed by those loud bagpipes 🙂 )
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 01:35
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Good for you, have a good time.
    so what do you expect to happen at the church?
  6. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 02:091 edit
    Enjoy yourself. There should be plenty of hate speech to go around.

I'm curious. Since you include me in your group, what will you do to represent me? Do you think maybe you could ask the great Reverend to keep his teachings to that which is in the bible? Thanks partner.

Now I'm only issuing this as a friendly warning to my my fellow group member: Since it's going to be in the 40s, there will probably be plenty of 50 gallon barrels around with fires lit in them. Please. PLEASE try to restrain yourself from fire boming police cars and stuff cuz that just gives all of us a bad name. I mean, with all the destruction in Oakland and all the unreported sexual assaults and stuff going on at these protests, I have a bad feeling the Democrats might start to waffle on their support of us and that would be a bad thing. So please--though I know the great Reverend is going to ignite those hateful emotions in you and yours--try not to do too many things that will keep the hundreds of thousands in support money from coming in.

And if they are there--though I doubt they would lower themselves enough to suffer the cold alongside you--say hey to George Soros and my favorite terrorist, Bill Ayers. Ok?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 02:33
    But....but....are you not a white devil? Or is that Ferrycon?

They all start to blur together as one person don't they?

I wonder if the Reverend will make any more flights to Libya since Obama killed his pal Ghadaffi.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 02:50
    going to church? wear a chastity belt with titanium locks!
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 03:001 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    going to church? wear a chastity belt with titanium locks!
    oh, here we go.

This is like me saying, "Going to a Kingdom Hall? Don't drop the soap!"
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 03:062 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    oh, here we go.

This is like me saying, "Going to a Kingdom Hall? Don't drop the soap!"
    why would you be taking a bath or a shower in the kingdom hall? weirdo 😛
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 05:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    so what do you expect to happen at the church?
    Kind of a cross between The Exorcist and The Amityville Horror. 😕
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 05:32
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Kind of a cross between The Exorcist and The Amityville Horror. 😕
    Double feature!

Halloween is always a fun church event. 😛
  13. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 06:241 edit
    Double feature!

Halloween is always a fun church event. 😛
    An aside: 2 Halloweens in a row, I've had not a single knock at the door.

I'm glad if this means that Halloween is starting to lose popularity.

As another aside, I saw a close-up of a candy bar on the news the other day. You know... the typical Halloween hand out. With the needle inserted into it.

*rolling eyes*
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 06:28
    Originally posted by sumydid
    An aside: 2 Halloweens in a row, I've had not a single knock at the door.

I'm glad if this means that Halloween is starting to lose popularity.

As another aside, I saw a close-up of a candy bar on the news the other day. You know... the typical Halloween hand out. With the needle inserted into it.

*rolling eyes*
    Evil is cowardly, it will always prey on those least likely to fight back.
  15. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 06:45
    Evil is cowardly, it will always prey on those least likely to fight back.
    I sent you a PM.

Anyway, on Halloween. I remember something from my early childhood. I want to say I was 6 or 7 years old.

My parents took me to some Halloween event at a church or a school. We went to the gymnasium and played some musical chairs. Then we were led to the stage and behind the curtains. We were blindfolded and told some story about I don't know what. Then they had us stick our hands in bowls or containers of what were obviously various foods as I could smell them. This bowl was supposed to be brains (but it was really spaghetti). This bowl was supposed to be a human heart (I remember thinking it was a pear or a peach). And then we were taken to a curtained off area and sat down. The blindfolds were removed and the lady continued on with her story. I don't know what the story was about because as usual, I was in some other place in my mind... a captivating daydream of who knows what. There was a long rectangular box in front of us and our chairs were all situated around it. Then the next that happened is the lady that was telling the story said something in a loud voice, and then the box in front of us creaked open, and a hand reached out of it. It was a female hand. All the kids around me screamed bloody murder and were ushered out of the room and off the stage. But for some reason I was totally fixated on the hand. The lady had a beautiful, rather large diamond ring. I wasn't scared at all. I had no idea I was supposed to be scared because I hadn't paid attention to anything that was going on. And then as the lady was screaming for me to run out of the room, I stood up out of my chair, walked over to the box, and placed my hand on the lady's hand and I think I tried to take the ring! Or else I just wanted to look more closely at it because I had never seen such a thing. Finally the screaming lady literally picked me up and about tossed me off the stage.

That's all I remember and to this day I have no idea why I wasn't scared, and what my fixation was on that ring. Weird.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree