1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 22:04
    So I did go to church today.

The good reverend did not disappoint. He's quite a good speaker. He gave a well crafted sermon liberally peppered with both humor and jabs at corporate malfeasance. I'm glad I went. And I'm happy to report that no one was struck by lightning.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 02:34
    Originally posted by rwingett

The good reverend did not disappoint. He's quite a good speaker. He gave a well crafted sermon liberally peppered with both humor and jabs at corporate malfeasance. I'm glad I went. And I'm happy to report that no one was struck by lightning.
    I'm glad to hear that you seemed to enjoy it. 🙂
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 07:51
    Going to church tomorrow
    Remember what happened last time...

YouTube
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 13:431 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    They're still occupying Brisbane here. The protestor types are small in number here, but very devoted and resolute to their cause. (You've always had to be more "hardcore" in Brisbane than in Sydney or Melbourne if you were considered part of anything "alternative" or involved in just about any protest movements. This is partly because they're in a smal ...[text shortened]... arresting the others, and the police just got really annoyed by those loud bagpipes 🙂 )
    If you are from Australia, I just wanted to let you know of the Distant Shore book I keep on the history of Australia, next to my bed.

It was on sale at a book store and looked interesting. I read a few pages sometimes before I get sleepy.

It seems to be dedicated to the early prison settlements from England and aborigine encounters of the nation.

I keep it with no particular axe to grind. It just looked like interesting history of a vast land I know little of, and it was a thick book on sale.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 15:06
    Originally posted by jaywill
    If you are from Australia, I just wanted to let you know of the Distant Shore book I keep on the history of Australia, next to my bed.

It was on sale at a book store and looked interesting. I read a few pages sometimes before I get sleepy.

It seems to be dedicated to the early prison settlements from England and aborigine encounters of the nation.
    ...[text shortened]... ooked like interesting history of a vast land I know little of, and it was a thick book on sale.
    There were people sent from Scotland, Ireland and Wales also, just saying. England is
    a single province within the United Kingdom, it is not nor ever has been applied to the
    rest of the United Kingdom.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 15:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    There were people sent from Scotland, Ireland and Wales also, just saying. England is
    a single province within the United Kingdom, it is not nor ever has been applied to the
    rest of the United Kingdom.
    You are correct, of course, but I'm afraid that's distinction that most people outside of the UK care little about.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 15:12
    You are correct, of course, but I'm afraid that's distinction that most people outside of the UK care little about.
    its equivalent to terming Canada as America, when in fact, its an entirely different
    country, culturally and historically.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 16:08

Did the chickens come home to roost?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 19:46
    its equivalent to terming Canada as America, when in fact, its an entirely different
    country, culturally and historically.
    Not concerned enough to stop you 'north-of-the wall' lot taking English investment though are you.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 21:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Not concerned enough to stop you 'north-of-the wall' lot taking English investment though are you.
    what a pure slaphead you are, as soon as we get independence well be the sixth
    richest nation on the planet, suck that up you ignoramus, in fact, if like Norway we had
    our natural wealth from the beginning, we would be in a fine position, but no, we have
    subsidised the UK economy for decades, but i guess they never taught you that when
    you went to school, if in fact i wonder if they taught you anything. Fact of the matter is,
    we'd be much better off independent from you bloodsuckers south of Gretna.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 21:241 edit
    what a pure slaphead you are, as soon as we get independence well be the sixth
    richest nation on the planet, suck that up you ignoramus, in fact, if like Norway we had
    our natural wealth from the beginning, we would be in a fine position, but no, we have
    subsidised the UK economy for decades, but i guess they never taught you that when
    you wen ...[text shortened]... of the matter is,
    we'd be much better off independent from you bloodsuckers south of Gretna.
    Don't lift yer kilt at me ya ranting hairy sheep's stomach eating heathen - this behaviour is exactly why the Romans built the wall in the first place!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 21:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Don't lift yer kilt at me ya ranting hairy sheep's stomach eating heathen - this behaviour is exactly why the Romans built the wall in the first place!
    Lol, they couldn't handle our butt nakedness! them on their side of the wall prancing
    about in their boxer shorts, us taunting them on the other side in the pure bud.

Actually in my little insignificant town there are extensive Roman remains, even to this
    very day one can easily traverse the Antoine wall.

Nothing like a good bit of sheep's head soup, get it doon ya man!
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 22:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    Did the chickens come home to roost?
    Good one. Very funny. 😀
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 00:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Good one. Very funny. 😀
    I didn't get it.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 01:06
    Originally posted by jaywill

...[text shortened]... ooked like interesting history of a vast land I know little of, and it was a thick book on sale.
    Oh well then you prolly know more than 50% percent of aussies do 😀

It is true that thet aboriginies were treated very badly up until quite recently.
    True christianity/spiritulaity or just common sense? Either way I'm glad that they weren't completely wiped out, they are linked to some very ancient people with some excellent mythologies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree