1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '15 11:521 edit
    http://phys.org/news/2015-05-millennials-religious.html

This bud is for you Hinds.

Maybe this is a sign the human race is finally growing up and giving up the invisible friends that children often have.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '15 12:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse

Maybe this is a sign the human race is finally growing up and giving up the invisible friends that children often have.
    John 20:29
    Jesus saith unto him,..blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 May '15 12:051 edit
    Nice hype.
    Nice implication of an Argument Ad Populum.

"These trends are part of a larger cultural context, a context that is often missing in polls about religion," Twenge said. "One context is rising individualism in U.S. culture. Individualism puts the self first, which doesn't always fit well with the commitment to the institution and other people that religion often requires. As Americans become more individualistic, it makes sense that fewer would commit to religion."

Spirituality and Institution are not synonymous.
    Individualism and self loving are not a "new" trend.
    There are not just Americans that make up the world's population.
    God is not the God of religion but the God of reality.
    Fewer self loving individualistic Americans turning from religion could be just the thing the Gospel needs.

That is more "Galilean" types to follow Jesus.

Nice hype though.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '15 12:427 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    Nice hype.

[quote] "These trends are part of a larger cultural context, a context that is often missing in polls about religion," Twenge said. "One context is rising individualism in U.S. culture. Individualism puts the self first, which doesn't always fit well with the commitment to the institution and o ...[text shortened]... ng the Gospel needs.

That is more "Galilean" types to follow Jesus.

Nice hype though.
    It would be fine if 100% of the population followed JC and the boys like you want.

The tiny difficulty there is all those other pesky religions at loggerheads with Christianity, as you no doubt have seen lately in Boko Haram, Isis, Taliban and so forth.

THAT is what I am talking about where less belief is a good thing.

If everyone on Earth was Muslim, there would also be not so much religious war, at least if everyone was Sunni or some such. It is the mixtures that give so much death.

And the same goes for atheism: if the entire population was atheistic, no more wars over religion regardless of how you want to pave it, THOSE guys are from the devil or whatever. All atheistic, that crap is out the window.

BTW, that is my main argument for the non-existence of a god that gives a crap about humans, regardless of whether or not there are actual gods or a god out there.

Too dam many religions, at each other's throats, each one professing to be the ONE true faith.

It is and always has been since I was 8 years old, in my view, such a system would have NEVER been set up by a god.

A god would have compassion for those tortured in supposedly his or her name.
    A god would have compassion for those children with diseases like cancer at the age of 3.

And so forth.

That is clearly not happening. It is clear if there is such a god as JC and the boys say, it is not a nice god, letting a 3 year old get cancer. That is not compassion. That is clear uncaring. And OF COURSE I know your and other's response is 'so now you know the mind of god'. Perhaps I do, which of course then will lead to the statement that I am overwhelmingly arrogant. Perhaps I am. That doesn't change my views one bit.

That is why I say all religions are strictly man made, no god involved.

Another thing about this whole religious set up is the convenient way they give a god human like characteristics.

It is and always has been a god, we are talking about a being who can wave in whole universes, as we see ours clocking in at many billions of light years across, with all the billions of galaxies each one with billions of stars, each galaxy clearly must have life in it so humans would only be one of maybe billions of planets in the universe with their own intelligences on them, where our star is a relative new comer in the galactic sense, under 5 billion years old in a 14 billion year old universe. That means our entire solar system time cycle can have happened 3 or 4 times, a star forming shortly after all the heavy stuff was built by supernova's where a new star coming together has metals and so forth that a civilization would need, there has been enough time go by for our entire solar system life cycle to have repeated itself at least 3 times in all that vast space of time.

That means that civilizations of intelligent life has come and gone literally billions of times in the course of the evolution of our universe.

So here is a god capable of just THINKING all that into existence. Do you really think with all those billions of CIVILIZATIONS coming and going, that humans are going to somehow be on the top of the list of those species a god would adore above all others, make a religion where it somehow looks like humans and has human characteristics like jealousy?

The gist of all that is I think it is the religious who are supremely arrogant to think a god that can do all of the above would think humans so far up the totem pole of spirituality would be worth the time of day to such a god.

Think about that long and hard in that light before you respond.

Please don't just spout stuff like 'and god so loved man he blah blah blah'

Give me your OWN thoughts please not paved over scripture.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 May '15 12:581 edit
    It would be fine if 100% of the population followed JC and the boys like you want.

Discorrect. I think individuals should have, as God designed, the individual choice of will to believe in Christ or not.

It is not my fault that one day not only everyone alive with love the Son of God, but every leaf or every tree and every minute detail of nature will be in praise of this Wonderful One.

The great attractive magnet of the Son of God will gather those that are His and

"For the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, As the waters cover the sea." (Hab. 2:14)

But until that time, I think NO one's will should be usurped and each person have his or her freedom of will to choose. Don't worry sonhouse. God will never usurp your free will to force you to choose Him.

The tiny difficulty there is all those other pesky religions at loggerheads with Christianity, as you no doubt have seen lately in Boko Haram, Isis, Taliban and so forth.

Because I take into account the history of the spread of the Gospel, I notice that many times before God is about to move on a people, a lot of commotion and opposing dust is tossed up into the air.

My opinion is that in that part of the world Satan knows that the Word of God is about to spread and take deep root in some.

We learn not to go so much on the appearance of things.
    And I think we may see God save the best for last in the Arab world. We are certainly praying to that end.

Some of these people we may see be the most absolute for Jesus Christ.

You do not have to worry about Jesus bypassing your will to choose freely. The "cage door" is wide open for you. If you don't want the forgiveness of His redemption and the Holy Spirit, you have every right to say "No!" and continue to do so for the rest of your life.

However, you cannot expect God to recuse Himself from His obligation to uphold His righteous oversight over all creation in regards to our sins.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '15 13:472 edits

Discorrect. I think individuals should have, as God designed, the individual choice of will to believe in Christ or not.

It is not my fault that one day not only everyone alive with love the Son of God, but every leaf or every tree and every minute det ...[text shortened]... from His obligation to uphold His righteous oversight over all creation in regards to our sins.
    You just don't get it and never will, Sigh. I did ask you to think long and hard about what I posted but you answered in 20 minutes. Not exactly a thorough think.

Did you for instance, understand even a little about what I said about how many civilizations could have come and gone even in our own galaxy much less planets around stars in literally HUNDREDS of billions of galaxies?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 May '15 15:44
    Funny, I saw no such implication in his post - and even after your post, I still don't see it.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '15 16:591 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Funny, I saw no such implication in his post - and even after your post, I still don't see it.
    Could it be, me with the dim mind (just ask Hinds) have come up with a valid argument against the concept of the bible god? Seriously, what do you think of my argument?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '15 20:131 edit

These are just another of the signs of the endtimes.
    "At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold."

(Matthew 24:10-12 NASB)
    But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron

(1 Timothy 4:1-2 NASB)

This not only includes the deceit and false doctrines from Islam, but also the hypocrisy of liars of evolutionism with their billions of years of past history.

For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

(Romans 1:25-27 NASB)
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 May '15 20:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]These are just another of the signs of the endtimes.
    "At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold."

(Matthew 24:10-12 NASB)
    But the Spirit explicitly says ...[text shortened]... d receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

(Romans 1:25-27 NASB)
    Its going to get uglier the closer to the end.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '15 21:00
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Its going to get uglier the closer to the end.
    That is one of the big points here. THE END. has been foretold for 2000 years and it hasn't happened yet. Despite that, the programming in your religion is so strong NO amount of reasoning deters anyone of your ilk from finding the present, no matter when that present time is, is now the END TIMES. So if there is any end times BS, it will be of mankind's own making, not the result of some bogus fairy tale which has billions in its thrall. It's more of a case of lost intelligence, lost BS detector than anything coming from a god.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jun '15 00:081 edit
    I read your linked article and I read one sentence of your commentary. That is what I responded to.

The linked article and this -

Corrrection:

I think I remember reading down this far:

THAT is what I am talking about where less belief is a good thing.

If everyone on Earth was Muslim, there would also be not so much religious war, at least if everyone was Sunni or some such. It is the mixtures that give so much death.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jun '15 00:41
    That is one of the big points here. THE END. has been foretold for 2000 years and it hasn't happened yet. Despite that, the programming in your religion is so strong NO amount of reasoning deters anyone of your ilk from finding the present, no matter when that present time is, is now the END TIMES. So if there is any end times BS, it will be of mankind's ow ...[text shortened]... all. It's more of a case of lost intelligence, lost BS detector than anything coming from a god.
    Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation."

(2 Peter 3:3-4 NASB)
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jun '15 03:23
    Satan invented the theory of evolution

YouTube
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jun '15 12:471 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation."

(2 Peter 3:3-4 NASB)
    After 2000 frigging years, we have a RIGHT to mock it since it hasn't happened yet and it's a very good bet it won't happen even when the last human goes extinct.

All that shows is how duped and stupid the human race is right now to keep buying into fairy tales even after 2000 years of scientific development.

The planet will go on as usual after humans and maybe a hundred million years after that a REALLY intelligent species will evolve. At least they won't have these assshole religions to contend with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree