1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 16:58
    Last weekend, on a whim, i decided to paint the front of my house. (Chalkboard white) However when i was about half way through it suddenly dawned on me that i was going to run out of paint. Chess however has made me a resourceful fellow and i rather cleverly diluted the remaining paint with thinner, found in the shed. The paint stretched perfectly and i went to bed Sunday night contented and plump on cherry wine.
    That night however it rained: it rained hard. The next morning when i stepped outside to admire my work i was aghast to discover that the diluted paint had completely washed away. Despite my atheistic leanings, i cried out in despair, "Lord, what shall I do?"

An unexpected voice came back from the heavens, "Repaint, and thin no more!"

😞
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 18:21
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Last weekend, on a whim, i decided to paint the front of my house. (Chalkboard white) However when i was about half way through it suddenly dawned on me that i was going to run out of paint. Chess however has made me a resourceful fellow and i rather cleverly diluted the remaining paint with thinner, found in the shed. The paint stretched perfectly a ...[text shortened]... all I do?"

😞
    Which website did you copy and paste that joke?
    Not a bad one by the way.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 19:43
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Which website did you copy and paste that joke?
    Not a bad one by the way.
    Hey, no copy and paste involved. (Though perhaps a smidgen of creative adaption).

The joke evolved dude,.....just like Hinds.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 19:541 edit
    Last weekend, on a whim, i decided to paint the front of my house. (Chalkboard white) However when i was about half way through it suddenly dawned on me that i was going to run out of paint. Chess however has made me a resourceful fellow and i rather cleverly diluted the remaining paint with thinner, found in the shed. The paint stretched perfectly a ...[text shortened]... all I do?"

😞
    Justice! if you were a christian the lord would have sent an angel to stretch its wings over your house protecting it from the rain. Did you see any rain falling on the Kingdom Hall, No? Well then!
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 20:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

Justice! if you were a christian the lord would have sent an angel to stretch its wings over your house protecting it from the rain.
    Dude, how small is your house? Are you a Leprechaun?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 20:12
    Hey, no copy and paste involved. (Though perhaps a smidgen of creative adaption).

The joke evolved dude,.....just like Hinds.
    Here is one from a website

Randy, the painter, often thinned his paint to make it go further. The Baptist Church decided to restore its biggest building. Randy put in a low bid and got the job. He bought the paint, and, yes, thinned it with turpentine. Well, Randy was painting away, the job nearly completed, when suddenly there was a clap of thunder. The sky opened, and the rain poured down. It washed the thinned paint off the church. Randy fell from the scaffold, landing among the gravestones. He was no fool. He knew this was a judgment from the Almighty. Randy raised his voice to the heavens, crying, "Oh, God, forgive me; what should I do?" And from above, a mighty voice roared: “Repaint! Repaint! And thin no more!"

Does not look like there are too many creative additions on your part 🙂
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 20:331 edit

😞
    The thread title says "Good works not rewarded" (bold mine).

There's your problem, this wasn't a "good" work, it was a lazy (edit: not really lazy, just cheap) one. And thin. Very thin. 🙂
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 20:34

Randy, the painter, often thinned his paint to make it go further. The Baptist Church decided to restore its biggest building. Randy put in a low bid and got the job. He bought the paint, and, yes, thinned it with turpentine. Well, Randy was painting away, the job nearly completed, when suddenly there was a clap of thunder. T ...[text shortened]... d thin no more!"

Jokes are not condoms old chap. They can be reused.

I merely improved the packaging.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 20:42

Randy, the painter, often thinned his paint to make it go further. The Baptist Church decided to restore its biggest building. Randy put in a low bid and got the job. He bought the paint, and, yes, thinned it with turpentine. Well, Randy was painting away, the job nearly completed, when suddenly there was a clap of thunder. T ...[text shortened]... d thin no more!"

It must of been imaginary evolution.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 20:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The thread title says "[b]Good works not rewarded" (bold mine).

There's your problem, this wasn't a "good" work, it was a lazy (edit: not really lazy, just cheap) one. And thin. Very thin. 🙂[/b]
    Ghost ashamed,
    hangs head,
    cheap n lazy
    also dead.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 20:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It must of been imaginary evolution.
    I would say a complete reversal from a human being back to a pilchard.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 20:54
    Please speak up. I have bad herring.

😞
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 20:59
    How to use Pilchards as bait

YouTube
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 06:381 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds

How to use Pilchards as bait.
    Surely that occurs every time you make a forum post, which invariably leads to you being devoured by bigger fish?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 20:451 edit
    Surely that occurs every time you make a forum post, which invariably leads to you being devoured by bigger fish?
    What is the real point of this thread?
    How is it related to the overall topic of Spirituality ?

You came over to my thread to complain about spamming.
    The way I see it, meaningful spamming here is more beneficial than some of the joking going on here to the end of - I can't figure out yet.

So what does your non-spam subject matter hope to dialogue here anyway?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree