1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 20:462 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Last weekend, on a whim, i decided to paint the front of my house. (Chalkboard white) However when i was about half way through it suddenly dawned on me that i was going to run out of paint. Chess however has made me a resourceful fellow and i rather cleverly diluted the remaining paint with thinner, found in the shed. The paint stretched perfectly a ...[text shortened]... all I do?"

An unexpected voice came back from the heavens, "Repaint, and thin no more!"

😞
    Maybe a chat room would be more to your liking Ghost. Endless cute one liners? You know?

(He came over to complain about my thread on Spectators of the New Jerusalem)
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 20:53
    Originally posted by sonship
    What is the real point of this thread?
    How is it related to the overall topic of [b]Spirituality
    ?

You came over to my thread to complain about spamming.
    The way I see it meaningful spamming here is more beneficial than some of the joking going on here to the end of - I can't figure out yet.

So what does your non-spam subject matter hope to dialogue here anyway?[/b]
    Newsflash -- Atheists don't believe in God. So it's not like they're ever going to say anything insightful or respectful about God.

So I think it's more like you just take from them what you can get. I'm not exactly looking to them for any earthshaking new insights vis a vis worship or admiration. I look more to people like you and Joseph for that. I don't look for fishing advice from people who don't believe fish exist.

Matthew 7:16 applies.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 21:051 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And I think some of them are also annoyed because they don't have anything really worth telling anyone.

"Let's go over to the preacher's thread and complain about his spamming."
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 21:121 edit
    Maybe a chat room would be more to your liking Ghost. Endless cute one liners? You know?

Yes, i thought you would pop up in this thread.

'If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also.' (Luke 6)

'Vengeance is Mine, and retribution, In due time their foot will slip; For the day of their calamity is near,' (Deu 32)

'Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.' (Ephesians 4:31)
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 21:13
    And I think some of them are also annoyed because they don't have anything really worth telling anyone.

"Let's go over to the preacher's thread and complain about his spamming."
    It's not actually "spamming".

In fact, some who say you're spamming can post the exact same question 20 zillion times in a thread regardless of the answer they receive and even go so far as to pollute other threads with it and are never called on it for spamming. That behavior has way more in common with spamming that what you are doing.

All I have to say on this is: Consider the source.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 21:16
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yes, i thought you would pop up in this thread.

'If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also.' (Luke 6)

'Vengeance is Mine, and retribution, In due time their foot will slip; For the day of their calamity is near,' (Deu 32)

'Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.' (Ephesians 4:31)
    And atheists are always surprisingly among the first to begin quoting scripture. Go figure.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 21:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And atheists are always surprisingly among the first to begin quoting scripture. Go figure.
    Yes, we do tend to do that.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 21:26

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 21:29

maybe a room full of mirrors would be more to your liking, you can go and preach to the converted in long rambling monologues until your heart is content!
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 21:36
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I can always count on you to rein me back in from getting carried away by hyperbole.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 21:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    maybe a room full of mirrors would be more to your liking, you can go and preach to the converted in long rambling monologues until your heart is content!
    Unlike anything you ever post, his "monologues" have valuable content to those who would hear. I think actually reading a few posts (which some even claim to not have the "time" to do) is little price to pay for the spiritual gain received.

Maybe you should try it sometime. You have ears and eyes, why not give actual hearing and perceiving a try for once? Yeah, I know that's not your "bag", you'd rather preach to people on their doorstep after you've insinuated yourself into whatever they were busy doing, like sleeping. At least posting in spirituality is not like usurping someone's time, people come to this forum for a reason. Now unless your particular reason is only to harangue and naysay others, one might expect you could be bothered to read what they post. Regardless of what some would say, that's not "unreasonable".
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 21:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 21:53
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Thanks for the chuckle I got out of that. 🙂

Eh, sometimes I'm guilty of the stereotype. Emotion over intellect.

(I did say sometimes. Not all the time.)
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 03:29
    What is the real point of this thread?
    How is it related to the overall topic of [b]Spirituality
    ?

You came over to my thread to complain about spamming.
    The way I see it, meaningful spamming here is more beneficial than some of the joking going on here to the end of - I can't figure out yet.

So what does your non-spam subject matter hope to dialogue here anyway?[/b]
    I believe his goal is to be an irritant to Christians. He is something like a mosquito or fly buzzing around one's ear.
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 06:532 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe his goal is to be an irritant to Christians. He is something like a mosquito or fly buzzing around one's ear.
    I rather like Christians.

I also rather like buzzing around your ears. (And indeed straight through them, as there is nothing in between to block my passage).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree