1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 01:18
    A piece of papyrus has been found and authenticated through Harvard with a statement by Jesus stating "my wife". It has been called the gospel of Jesus' wife.

This does not appear in the Bible, as so many ancient texts don't, but it seems to indicate that Jesus was married and likely engaged in marital intercourse.

To me, it helps the story of Jesus, but to many, it creates much conflict.

Does it matter to your personal faith if Jesus was married, as this ancient artifact seems to indicate?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 02:06
    Originally posted by chaney3
    A piece of papyrus has been found and authenticated through Harvard with a statement by Jesus stating "my wife". It has been called the gospel of Jesus' wife.

This does not appear in the Bible, as so many ancient texts don't, but it seems to indicate that Jesus was married and likely engaged in marital intercourse.

To me, it helps the story of Jesus, b ...[text shortened]... matter to your personal faith if Jesus was married, as this ancient artifact seems to indicate?
    Does it matter to you if it is actually sacred text?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 02:11
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Does it matter to you if it is actually sacred text?
    I believe the text to be authentic, and also believe that it helps my view of Jesus.

He was a man, a human man, and I would expect that He found women to be attractive, and have no problem with Him being married.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 02:23
    I believe the text to be authentic, and also believe that it helps my view of Jesus.

He was a man, a human man, and I would expect that He found women to be attractive, and have no problem with Him being married.
    So you have blind faith in the authenticity of the text being of God?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 02:29
    So you have blind faith in the authenticity of the text being of God?
    The same blind faith in the books of the Bible that were chosen by men.

And the books that could have been in the Bible, but were excluded by men.

The Bible does not tell the entire story, because men were involved, unqualified men.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 02:31
    The same blind faith in the books of the Bible that were chosen by men.

And the books that could have been in the Bible, but were excluded by men.

The Bible does not tell the entire story, because men were involved, unqualified men.
    Nice to know your statement of faith.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 03:20
    I would like to hear from all members on this matter.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 03:35
    I would like to hear from all members on this matter.
    I think even less of this text than you think of the Bible.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 03:36
    I think even less of this text than you think of the Bible.
    Then google it a$shole!!
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 03:43
    Then google it a$shole!!
    Why?

I put no faith in it. You put no faith in tje Bible. Why must I bow down to what you believe?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 03:45
    Why?

I put no faith in it. You put no faith in tje Bible. Why must I bow down to what you believe?
    Jesus was likely married and had sex.

It is relevant.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 07:18

To me, it helps the story of Jesus, b ...[text shortened]... matter to your personal faith if Jesus was married, as this ancient artifact seems to indicate?
    Link?
    Evidence?
    Corroboration?
    Peer review?
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 08:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Link?
    Evidence?
    Corroboration?
    Peer review?
    Is that not counterproductive to faith? 😛
  14. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 12:231 edit

A piece of papyrus has been found and authenticated through Harvard with a statement by Jesus stating "my wife".

Have you considered that the wife of Jesus... his bride... is the church? Why do we always want to diminish who Jesus is and make him like us instead of the other way around? Food for thought.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 12:35

Well, if it was on a papyrus then it must be true.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree