Grace

Grace

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 May 11
1 edit

... applies to all men... not just the faithful.

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God has come, giving salvation to all men. [Bible in basic English]

Grace [is the free gift that] saves all. But all dont get eternal life.

So what is it that gives eternal life.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 May 11

Originally posted by Rajk999

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God has come, giving salvation to all men. [Bible in basic English]

Grace saves all. But all dont get eternal life.

I'm curious to see what others say here. But good question.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 May 11

Are you not the one that says those that work for it, the ones I guess that
earn it?
Kelly

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 May 11
1 edit

How are we to understand grace? I know you can't claim to be a Christian if you have no fruit or works. However these works can't save by themselves. At least if a man thinks that he can earn his way into heaven (God's favor) how can that be? I always thought that the works we do are a outward expression of an inward truth. Like James said if you go to the sick and say be well but do nothing to help!! Then your works are are useless. This is just common sense. So can both Grace vs Works be like a two sided coin ? Has to be.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 May 11

The thing I'm curious about in this post is it says all can be saved but not all are given eternal life.
What does that mean?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 May 11

Originally posted by galveston75
The thing I'm curious about in this post is it says all can be saved but not all are given eternal life.
What does that mean?
It means just that, the way was made for all, everyone, but not everyone
wants it.
Kelly

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
22 May 11

Originally posted by KellyJay
It means just that, the way was made for all, everyone, but not everyone
wants it.
Kelly
The man who accepts that his time has come to go, without desires, is indeed the truly gracious man.

It is the selfish man who yearns for longer time, eternity, and remembrance.

Wants it?

Wants what exactly? Self-recognition? Everlasting life?

Our purpose s finished when we come to an end. It's that simple.

If you yearn for more then you are not right for this world as it is, as that is called 'selfishness', not 'selflessness'.

-m.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 May 11

Originally posted by mikelom
The man who accepts that his time has come to go, without desires, is indeed the truly gracious man.

Wants it?

If you yearn for more then you are n ...[text shortened]... right for this world as it is, as that is called 'selfishness', not 'selflessness'.

-m.
Bull. We were created to live forever as we can see that in our own bodies. It can easily reproduce and repair itself forever. The only reason it doesn't now is because we all sin and sin leads all to death. That will soon be reversed by God in the future.
It's also seen in our makeup and conscienceness as no human on this planet in their right mind looks forward to death and loosing life. Why do we all fight so hard to sustain life? Why do we have doctors and hospitals? Why does it hurt so bad when a loved one dies?
Because we were not created to die to begin with. Most humans will fight until their last breath to stay alive.
But according to your view point then, when any of us are faced with death it sounds like to you it would be selfish to fight for it and just give up? Are you really serious?
And I seriously doubt you'll not fight to live when you are eventually faced with it........

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
22 May 11

Bull. We were created to live forever as we can see that in our own bodies. It can easily reproduce and repair itself forever. The only reason it doesn't now is because we all sin and sin leads all to death. That will soon be reversed by God in the future.
It's also seen in our makeup and conscienceness as no human on this planet in their right mind lo ...[text shortened]... And I seriously doubt you'll not fight to live when you are eventually faced with it........
1. Bull

unnecessary

2. We were created to live forever as we can see that in our own bodies.

Our bodies deteriorate and die off, same as all animals.

3. It can easily reproduce and repair itself forever.

Our bodies deteriorate and die off, same as all animals.

4. The only reason it doesn't now is because we all sin and sin leads all to death. That will soon be reversed by God in the future.

Please judge me and tell me when I have sinned, and in whose book!
Judge me as you judge unto others! It's not YOUR place or YOUR POWER to say 'we have all sinned.' That is disillusioned wit on your part.

5. no human on this planet in their right mind looks forward to death and loosing life.

Doesn't look forward to it?

I didn't say anybdy did. What I did say is there are those who accept it and embrace it as being human!

6. according to your view point then, when any of us are faced with death it sounds like to you it would be selfish to fight for it and just give up?

you can't accept that you are going to die and have nothing left of you, can you? That is why you grip to false hopes and names.

'Tis the way it is. Enjoy your time here, as you have now. I certainly do! 😏

-m.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 May 11

Romans 3:22-26

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. (italics mine)

Unto all, yes, but upon all those who believe. One must believe and receive God's grace and gift of eternal life.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 May 11

What does that mean?
Here is my take on it.

As in Adam all die so through Christ shall all be made alive. This is the gift of Grace. Its an opportunity for all men to benefit from the sacrifice of Christ. Its a free gift for which we did nothing to deserve. All the works we possibly could have done would not have made us deserving of this free gift. It is only through the death of Christ that we now can benefit.

But in order to benefit from this gift, and get salvation you have to do certain things .. in a nutshell.
- Have faith
- Be baptised
- Do Good Works.

It is incorrect and unbiblical to say that someone who claims faith automatically does good works .. like so many here believe.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 May 11
1 edit

Originally posted by mikelom

Wants it?

If you yearn for more then you are n ...[text shortened]... right for this world as it is, as that is called 'selfishness', not 'selflessness'.

-m.
You know the purpose of man that can say when it ends do you now?
Were you the one that created man or anything else for that matter?
Gracious people are humble and caring and simply wanting is not a sign of
one being selfish, you can want, but still act out of selflessness as you put
others first.
Kelly