Great Way of the Ever-Being

Great Way of the Ever-Being

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
24 Jun 12

Great Way of the Ever-Being,
Indestructible Diamond Being
Vajrasattva, Om!
Arise incessantly within this mind, surround.
Let the many colors, dark and bright,
guide and complete each one's path.

Compassion-Being of the All-Complete
Unborn, undying, within,
comfort and strengthen this one and all, in trial,
loosen our grips on for-and-against,
let ignorance, anger and greed be transformed
to wisdom, compassion and generosity.
Help us yield to the Void that frees the chains.

Diamond Light of the Ever-Being
moving in and through us, as our very breath,
accept into the Compassionate Heart of All-Wisdom
our error-strewn stumblings,
show us the way of healing.

May we see you, All-Mind, in whom
we abide and experience our being.
May our beings be channels
of the Flow of Boundless Mystery,
shining light beyond and through
to all that lives as You,
Diamond Being.

Om Vajrasattva Hum.

rc

Moves
26 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Taoman
Great Way of the Ever-Being,
Indestructible Diamond Being
Vajrasattva, Om!
Arise incessantly within this mind, surround.
Let the many colors, dark and bright,
guide and complete each one's path.

Compassion-Being of the All-Complete
Unborn, undying, within,
comfort and strengthen this one and all, in trial,
loosen our grips on for-and-against,
let ...[text shortened]... g light beyond and through
to all that lives as You,
Diamond Being.

Om Vajrasattva Hum.
Its such a noble and virtuous endeavour. How does the recipient transform his inner
personality to resist greed, avarice, anger etc and to value wisdom, compassion and
generosity? 'Help us yield to the void', is not entirely clear to me, what this means.

Moves
26 Jun 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its such a noble and virtuous endeavour. How does the recipient transform his inner
personality to resist greed, avarice, anger etc and to value wisdom, compassion and
generosity? 'Help us yield to the void', is not entirely clear to me, what this means.
I have often wondered about something your request implies. Here on this forum that implication is especially apparent, because we deal in words here. The implication is that there may be words that convey a clear message to you, that the words already presented do not convey.

So it appears that Taoman's OP raises a worthwhile question (the noble and virtuous endeavor) and there is an answer to it that you would understand if the wording of that answer were right. Thus if 'help us yield to the void' is part of the answer, it is not clear as a message about resisting greed, etc. and valuing wisdom etc.

It may be that you already have an answer in mind, a message that if seen without confusion, and applied, would work for you. I suspect that most of us here do have an idea of it already. Steadfast application may be what is missing for many of us.

It may also be that seeing the right words will not be sufficient and instead, certain life experiences have to occur, for the message to become clear. Both the words and the experiences may be unique to each of us.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Jun 12

Originally posted by JS357
I have often wondered about something your request implies. Here on this forum that implication is especially apparent, because we deal in words here. The implication is that there may be words that convey a clear message to you, that the words already presented do not convey.

So it appears that Taoman's OP raises a worthwhile question (the noble and ...[text shortened]... the message to become clear. Both the words and the experiences may be unique to each of us.
The answer is Christ Jesus, the way, the truth, and the life.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

T

Moves
27 Jun 12
1 edit

Thank you Robbie for your thoughtful question. It is also an important central question. I hope my expansion on your question is in line with its intention -
Wherein lies the impetus for effective and lasting moral change within ourselves?

(These thoughts are from my own explorations and are simply stated. That they no doubt contain distorted view or opportunity for increased knowledge on my part
is taken for granted.)

The Void here refers to the Source of existence, so mysterious in nature that it is ultimately indescribable and ungraspable. Void, God, Tao, Buddha Nature,Yahweh, Allah, Brahman are but groping human names. There appear qualities however, drawn from both reason and experience of encountering this Void within one's self.
The two primary qualities are wisdom - a recognition of the one interdependent unitary nature of everything and everybody in existence, and compassion - the active outward expression of that wisdom. The measure by which we exercise our compassion, not from some external law, but genuinely from within is the measure of how wise we are. Conversely the truest measure of how wise we are, how much we see of the interdependence of everything and everybody will be expressed through a sel-foregoing compassion towards the other, ultimately part of the Whole that makes us all one. Compassion starts with ourselves. Few practice true compassion towards themselves. This is because they do not see clearly how their erring acts, attitudes, and ignorance arise from many things, events and causes, over time and in the present.

This is one way to see the meaning of "karma", which has been, imo, overworked as a moral impeller with doctrines of "merit" and other lives, etc. I personally don't see it that way at present, with all due respect to the many strands of Hinduism and Buddhism that do. But there indeed are many interacting causes and effects why we and others act the way we do, one of them being ignorance. Ignorance of how it is, is the first and primary failure. From that arises things like greed and anger.

I happen to believe that the more people see truly the nature of existence, intentional harm becomes more replaced by a compassionate attitude. The worst criminal is in deep darkness as to his own nature and the nature of existence. The only way that worst criminal could even be got near to heal that blindness is to seek to bring him, through sacrificial forgiveness and compassion, to true inner enlightenment.
This has happened both through the Christian church, which at its highest truly does show sacrificial love, as well as in Buddhism.
A member of my family has been afflicted with alcoholic addiction. Initially one can respond to the dysfunction and hurt that occurs because of bad episodes, with judgement and rejection. But that always makes the situation more entrenched, which is why prisons are bursting - we are good at punishing but fail at healing.
Whether it is alcohol dependence or criminality or a bad temper or lust addiction, the first step is increased insight - less ignorance as to the many contributing connections and causes, within and without - along with a forgiving helpful compassion. No other way works finally and it's the only thing I have ever seen that can make hardened criminals weep and change their heart.

Its costly and challenging personally, and real healing programs in prisons are also costly, as well as any increased (funded) societal insight as to causes for criminal behaviors. (This does not at all mean we do not have a judicial system or contain dangerous persons btw.) But it does give one a clear pointer to where the impetus for enduring change ultimately comes from within ourselves and for others - wisdom and compassion. By reflection and meditation we change more than by reading rule books.

rc

Moves
27 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by JS357

So it appears that Taoman's OP raises a worthwhile question (the noble and the message to become clear. Both the words and the experiences may be unique to each of us.
yes, we appear to be dealing in perceptions, a kind of currency with relative values,
with notes that we ourselves have printed. It sounds really pretentious to be honest,
but its the best i can do.

rc

Moves
27 Jun 12

Originally posted by Taoman
Thank you Robbie for your thoughtful question. It is also an important central question. I hope my expansion on your question is in line with its intention -
Wherein lies the impetus for effective and lasting moral change within ourselves?

(These thoughts are from my own explorations and are simply stated. That they no doubt contain distorted view or opp ...[text shortened]... m and compassion. By reflection and meditation we change more than by reading rule books.
Its really quite fascinating to be honest and i thank you for having taken the time to
explain these ideas and concepts and I hope that your wisdom and compassion, self
knowledge and understanding blossom.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
30 Jun 12

yes, we appear to be dealing in perceptions, a kind of currency with relative values,
with notes that we ourselves have printed. It sounds really pretentious to be honest,
but its the best i can do.
There is something about you , robbie carrobie. Despite your numerous drawbacks highlighted by various posters you show an uncanny insight into some things.
Thumbs up for that post

Moves
30 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Heaven forfend, that I should criticize the words that give you meaningful answers to these questions.

T

Moves
30 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Namaste, RJ.